Attack Newbie

Lottie2508

Hi all - am new!! This is day two for me and after reading all the tips on here i thought i would start a diary to keep me going.

So far so good. Haven't felt hungry at all but have felt a bit like i have indigestion. :sigh:

Day 1
B - Scrambled Egg & Smoked Salmon
S - Fat free yogurt
L - Tuna Quiche
D - Chicken curry
S - Oat Bran Galette.

Day 2
B - Oat Bran porridge
S - Fat free yogurt
L - Ham and very low fat soft cheese
D - Cod baked with lemongrass, ginger, garlic & chilli (to be cooked later)

Feeling like i need to be a little more adventurous so just putting together a menu plan for next week. (trying to do everything i can to prevent myself from making an excuse to give up).

back soon!!

Welcome to Dukan :) Sounds like you've got into the swing of things, but how did you make your quiche? (I noticed you used your oatbran in the evening...)

What do you mean get more adventurous - that looks like an amazing dinner as it is!!

Good luck with the diet,

Cheryl x

Sounds great! I make quiche with eggs and cottage cheese and whatever filling you fancy. I used to make it when I did slimming world. But it's ideal for Dukan too!

Sounds fab :)

Was wondering if I could have the recipe for the chicken curry? All the ones ive tried go really horrible, lol.

Ah guys - thanks for your comments. I have been super busy .

Quiche was very easy
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
1 tin of tuna in spring water (drained)
2 table spoons of low fat cottage cheese.

bake in the oven around 180 for 20-30 mins.

I meant adventurous as this wass probably the extent on my imagination and was only on day two.... I have done a little research since and feeling much better.

Day 3
B - Soft boiled egg with ham
L - Salmon, no fat soft cheese and mini oatbran pancakes
D - Grilled Chicken breast with soy sauce and garlic & Cottage Cheese
S - no fat greek yogurt (two portions)

Dat 4
B - Poached egg
L - Grilled Chicken Breast
D - Lean ham with oakbran Gallette and Cotage Cheese
S - No fat greek yogurt

I am feeling incredibly full at the moment. Its all good - i have decided to not weigh until next week though as i know i will get demotivated if there is no movement on the scales immediately......

oooh almost forgot - Malevolentnuzzler, i found that the best way to deal with the curry was to cover the chicken pieces in curry powder and seasoning. Cook these until almost completely cooked. I then added a small pot of fat free yogurt and more curry powder and warm through gently. I only found this out as the successful batch was my second batch of the day....... Hope this makes sense?

Hope you are all getting on well.....

x

Hi cheryl could you explain how you incorporate the oatbran when making quiche? I've always made it the way Lottie does.

I've been googling fat free pastry and was going to attempt pastry using oatbran. I thought (read: hoped!) maybe it had already been sussed! But my other idea was to make the gallet/dukan bread, mould it into a muffin tray, blind bake for 5-10 mins and then add the filling & bake for a further 5-10 mins.

What do you think?

Back