Newbie.

Mummy123

Hi guys.

I suffer from pcos and cannot shift my weight. I've heard Atkins is very good for pcos sufferers? Ive tried Atkins a few times but always failed because it make me feel so rubbish??

I plan on starting today but I'm nervous. I have 2 stone to lose and I go on holiday in just over 7 weeks time and would like 1 stone to be gone by then. Is that doable do you think? Any tips?

Thanks xxxx

Good luck and yes 1st is doable - lots of water, water,water - and lots of people feel unwell around the 3rd to 5th day (Atkins flu) but after that you'll feel great xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

totally doable !!
i have so much energy when on atkins ............. keep posting how did today go ? x

Hi & welcome Mummy123, I'm sure you'll feel fine after the first few days. I'm low carb but not pure Atkins, however I have had less than 20 carbs per day since last Friday & feel great & I'm wrinkly by name & age. :)

Last night I had chorizo sausages with fried mushrooms, onion and peppers with garlic and stirred in philadelphia. It was delicious :)

Hi and welcome:). The reality is that you may feel rubbish in the first week with atkins flu ie carb withdrawal. If you can hang in there you will feel better and it does work;)

I thought I was coming down with something, hopefully is just Atkins flu and will fade. Finishing my 4th day now hopefully will go well for the rest of my 2 weeks. So need to lose weight, 2 stone would be great :)
Lost it all once on slimming world, but committed carb-o-cide steadily for a year after and gained all back and more :( time to control my carby eating habits!

Atkins flu isn't fun, the shakes and just wanting to curl up and hibernate about sums it up. It's short lived though so work through it.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi there,

Hope you've managed to power through the first week...you will be so glad you did once you see the lbs drop. I too struggle to lose and this WOE is the only one that works for me, without making me feel starved or lethargic either. Hang in there! : )

hugs
xxx

Almost a week in. Feeling full of energy and my cravings are gone. Atkins flu wasn't helped by the fact i caught a cold too!!
Looking forward to two weeks in so I can eat nuts and seeds.

Back