NEWBIE :)

stormy84

Hi guys,

I'm on day 7 today of Sole Source and after reading all your success posts I thought I would join in and say hello! Lol! xx

Last edited:
Hello, how are u finding it? do u have a weigh in today? X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hi Carleen,

Thank's for your message! Yes, I have a weigh in this morning, so I'm pretty excited! I am finding it okay, it's not a breeze though! The day before yesterday I was probably as close as close can get to giving in, but I just thought of how I would feel the next morning if I undone all the hard work... That straightened me up! Lol! Just have to keep positive... All though that alone can sometimes be a challenge... And I'm only in the first week! Lol!
One thing I do strguggle with is the water! a couple of days I only had a couple of pints, which is not good, but the last two I have got better and am drinking the 2.25 litres... going to aim fro three today and hope that works out!
How long have you been on the diet? Having good results?
It is a hard diet som days, I officially hate anyone that says it's easy! Loololo! Xx

Hiya - Its definitely not easy but u do get really quick results so stay STRONG. My main thought is keeping it off when i loose it, but i know our consultants will help us with this. My consultant lost 8 stone in 6 months...

This is my second week. Had my 1st weigh in on Monday and lost 10lb... I want to loose 3 stone i all and my stomach is flatter ;-)

So many times I've been tempted to eat and always think about tasting food. But then i think about my goal and that if i eat i could be out of ketosis. My mum ate Chinese on Saturday and i sooo wanted a king prawn but i resisted.

Ummm, the water.... Its a challenge in itself! I drink 3 litres a day, i have one after i eat (drink my shake). I heard the more u drink water the more u loose.

Let me know how u get on today and remember ur goal. When this is done u will look and feel amazing...... Be STRONG.

x

The quick results are what draw alot pf people to this diet, I believe!
I know what you mean about wanting to keep it off when it's all lost, I've also thought about that! But that being said, once we are the size we want to be I really doubt our old eating habits will even be a problem, we would have put so much hard work in I think that will be enough motivation to keep it off! For me, It's an all or nothing diet! I either eat loads of crap, or I take it all away, this is why a Weight Watchers diet or somthing never worked. Being 'allowed' to have nice food, but in moderation doesn't work for me! I have to see big results to be able to regain control... I dont know if that's the same for you, or anyone else... or I'm jsut weird! Lol!
10lb!!!!! That's amazing! 4lb short of a stone... wouldn't get that on a more conventional diet! You'll lose that 3 sotne in no time!!!!
Being able to resist the chinese just proves how strong your will power is! The fear of coming out of ketosis, definitely works, doesn't it!!!!
Well done though, to lose that amount of weigh and ALREADY see results is amazing! :)
What are your thoughts on exercise? I want to exercise, but don't want to pass out or something! Lol! I spent £150 on the slendertone system for arms and tummy, but then I'm thinking thats just the lazy way! So I'm undecided! Have you, or have you any plans to exercise soon?
I also heard the 'drink to shrink' theory, So today I am aiming for the 3ltr mark! So far, 1 pint down, but I've been up since 4, so that's not really a great start! LololoL! Maybe having one straight after my shakes too is an idea, as that is half the amount already!!
I have my weigh in at 9.30 so will let you know.... fingers crossed :)
Xx

Well my CDC has just left and I've lost 10lb! :) Im happy with that! Bring on week two! All though I know the loss is going to be drastically smaller! Xx

Well done on completing your first week- great loss. It does work if you stick to it so good luck :)

MASSIVE WELL DONE. We lost the same in our first week. ;-)

What i say is soo true. All or nothing. Weight watchers worked for a week or two then i couldn't be bothered. But Cambridge is different. It will really change the way we think about food and we will remember how hard it was and wont want to go through this again. Just maintain and stay healthy..

With regards to excercise, i felt like i needed to do something (i have some dvds i use twice a week) but my consultant said not to in the first few weeks, when i increase my calorie intake i will definitely do some excercise. I do usual walking but even when i do that i feel tired after about 30mins of walking around.

Keep it up and roll on next week for more pounds lost. Xx

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
I know! It's such a good feeling isnt it! This hard work is paying off for us nicely! :)

To maintain the epic loss's and hae a healthier body is definitely the main aim! Along with fitting back in to my wardrobe of size 10's that have been siting there for two years too! Lol! WE WILL BE SKINNY!!!! :p
I get what you mean about getting tired easy, I normally do a bit of walking every day, but walking around the town yesterday I felt like I'd just walked double what I had.... I think once our bodies get used to the caolorie intake that it has been subjected to, that will improve and some light exercise should be okay!

Yep... Here is to next week... Keep smiling and drinking.... (water!)

Xx

Ur right. Our bodies have to adjust. I've just had tomato soup and now drinking my 2nd litre.

Be good and if u feel tempted talk to me... I will do the same too.lol.

Xx

I actually like the tomato one, it's nice isn't it! and call me odd but I think the chicken and mushroom one tastes like pot noodle! Lol! Love the choc mint shakes, they are definitely my favourite!!!

Yes, I will do! And the same to you, feel free to pop up at any time :)

Xx

Thanks.

Yea, agreed with the chicken and mushroom. I don't like leek and potato much or butterscotch shake (yuck).

Xx

I'm not too sure I even want to try the Leek and potato! I don't like normal soups in that flavour, let alone vlcd ones! Lol!
Have you tried any of the porridges? I love porridge, don't want them to be a let down though! Lol!
Xx

stormy84 said:
I'm not too sure I even want to try the Leek and potato! I don't like normal soups in that flavour, let alone vlcd ones! Lol!
Have you tried any of the porridges? I love porridge, don't want them to be a let down though! Lol!
Xx

I love all the porridges... I mix it hot from the kettle with a hand blender it's think & fabulous.... Love them

I've heard many people like you say that the porridges are lovely! My main concern with even trying them is because I really do like porridge anyway, I'm scared tehy are going to taste too much like 'real food' Lol! This is why I didn't have another chicken and mushroom soup! If my taste buds love the taste, I'm worried I will fall of the wagon and then eat! It may sound silly, I know! And all though I don't think my will power would allow me to mess this first weeks efforts up, I don't want to chance it! Maybe in the future I will brave it, but for now I am going to stick to all choc mint shakes! Glad that people do seem to be liking them though! :) Xx

Having seen the comment from miletaj regarding porridge i will try 1 next week. Ive heard they arent nice but everyone has different taste buds. :) X

I love the original porridge with a sweetner in and extra water. Turns into a yummy creamy drink :) x

carleen1 said:
Having seen the comment from miletaj regarding porridge i will try 1 next week. Ive heard they arent nice but everyone has different taste buds. :) X

Have you tried the porridge yet?

Day 13 for me.. Weigh in tomorrow.. Comes round so quickly.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back