Debs154

Trying again!!
I've been reading this S&S forum for the last week or so and sampled a shake, a bar, the oatmeal and the macaroni cheese - have to say I was pleasantly surprised by all of them. Took the plunge and ordered a month's pack (the men's for best value) today.

Planning on using up food I have in this week and starting after the Bank Holiday Monday - the main concern I have is how bad does your breath get? I work in quite a small office and will have to remember not to get too close to anyone - mind you after the wind on SW it might be a relief lol!

I'm 12st 7lb and hoping for maybe a stone and a half by mid July (would be happy with a stone tho)

Planning to refeed 10 days before I go away - does this all sound feasible? I know everyone is different.

I also have 2 social events and plan to come out of ketosis on the Friday for them and start again on the Monday which I know won't be the easiest thing to do but I think it's the best way for me to manage it - unless anyone here absolutely advises against that - I would welcome any comments or advice.

Thanks

Last edited:
The breath thing isn't too bad - I would suggest that you drink lots of water (those ketones have got to leave your body one way or the other - I prefer it to be in the toilet rather than in people's faces!). Also, you can get sugar free mouth sprays which help.

Most people lose around a stone a month on a VLCD so that will give you an idea of how much weight you can lose. Personally I wouldn't come off the program for social events. That will wipe out any weight loss for that week. Mind you - I wouldn't come off for a holiday either - I'm going to Turkey soon and will be sticking to 3 packs and protein meal throughout. However, I'm a bit of an all or nothing person - I'm sure they'll be plenty of people who will advise you differently!

Thanks Weasey - I'm going to Turkey too in July and there's no way I could just take packs with me - too many great restaurants!

I keep switching between going off plan for the social events and sticking with it - I think I'll probably see how I feel when I've started it - but as my goal is only a stone and a half I feel I may have a little leeway. If I did it once and struggled I wouldn't do it again.

Fantastic weight loss by the way - well done!

Back