louisew

Hi, my first post.

I am new to these sorts of diets.
I have lost 3 stone before using slimfast plan and lots of exercise. Unfortunately I got laid low with flu, chest infection and sinus infection after christmas and was practically bed ridden for 2 months. I kept eating to try and feel better, so with no activity, ended up putting on 1 1\2 stone. So slightly peeved, I've decided to try Exante, after getting one of the ******* deals. I've bought a months worth plus 50 orange and chocolate bars.
Now on my 3rd day, so far so good. I actually quite like the products I've had so far. Banana milkshake, tomato and basil soup, porridge and carbonara, all yummy. And the snack bar just tasted like a naughty treat. Mind you, I might not feel the same after a week on it! Feeling hungry by the evening, so eating half a bar at lunchtime, and half at 3, then having my evening meal quite late.

Drinking loads of water, no problem for me, I love the stuff, especially ice cold. My kidneys must be getting a good flush out.

So although I got down to under 10st before, I really need to lose at least another 1 1/2 stone on top of that to be the correct BMI.

I work with 3 year old autistic kids, so get quite a work out at work, so I'm not sure about the 20 minutes exercise on those days, as i need to have enough energy to deal with the job, but will go out for a run on the other days.

So onwards and upwards. Wish me luck, as I do all of you!

Good luck Louise! On day 3 you're probably past the worst of the start so it's upwards and onwards from here! :)

I'm on day 4 and no longer feel that hungry so you are doing great!! You sound like you have better will power than me!! I only have two week worth due to low funds- may have even bought the same deal as you off gro upon. I wish the shakes were cheaper as I really like them. :(

Well I've only just managed to find my post. It was a good deal, I don't think I would have gone on this diet at full cost. Anyway 6.75lb already gone. so pleased with that. As I'm so mini, it really shows on me. Size 12s already fitting comfortably, hopefully after a couple more weeks, I'll start getting back into size 10. I have them all in a pile and will hang them up in my wardrobe as I get into them. :)

Good luck hun sounds like you're having a great first week :) mine starts tomorrow x

Well first week gone and 9lb gone as well :). Finding it suprisingly easy. Not hungry atall, loads of energy, no headaches, bad breath or constipation I have been reading about in other posts. I'm being really good, no cheating and drinking at least 3 litres of water.

I'm on day 4 of TS and I felt absolutely rotten yesterday but today I'm back to my normal self and the rumbling stomach has moggied off!! I will admit I had a chicken fillet with spices for tea the last couple of days because going from stuffing myself stupid (getting rid of the crap in my cupboards) to having hardly anything felt too much to handle. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 4lb lighter and although I may not lose what I should have done without the chicken tea then as long as I have a loss on Monday then I'll be a happy bunny! Got a wedding coming up next week and don't wanna fall off the plan but struggling to decide what to eat/drink. Any ideas??

Last edited:
By the 2nd week, the hunger pangs should go. I feel great, never hungry and full of energy, although I get tired earlier, but I sleep really well

I'm no expert, having just started, but there is loads of info on this website. I have a birthday party next week and i will just eat a bit of protein, ham or chicken and some salad, no carbs, and I shall take some coke zero with me, so I have a treat to drink. Because we have to drive there, I will drive instead of my husband so theres my excuse not to drink. I never even have 1 drink when I'm driving. Im now down to 10st6lb, a total loss 0f 11lb, so well happy :)

Hi welcome to the club! I've also recently joined and brought Exante! I need more will power to do TS.

So pretty happy, another 4lb gone, wasn't expecting so much the 2nd week. Now fitting into lots of my size 10s

I've now lost a stone in 2 1/2 weeks. Very happy!

that's brilliant :) well done Louise!

Happy to have lost 3.5lb on my 3rd week. Now trying to fit in my 200 calorie meal, but actually finding it hard to eat this as well as the meal replacements, just not hungry enough.

I've just finished my 4th week, and lost another 3.25lb, so again very pleased. This week I added in an meal of 200 calories every day as recommended. I found it quite difficult to fit in my last meal replacement, both time wise and physically, just not hungry enough. A couple of times I missed it but upped my calorie count by having a little snack. It was nice eating some food again, especially my mushroom omelette and roast chicken (skinless) and broccoli from sunday roast, with just a drop of gravy. Im in all my size 10s and a couple of them are a bit big for me, and some of my size 12 tops are hanging off me. I think I might amend my weight goal, because I think if I get to the recommended BMI, I am going to be too skinny, and I want some curves. I have read an article that said we should naturally be heavier as we get older, so I think I'll aim for 9st and see what I look like. Going on holiday 8th august, so I think I'll go back to total solution and then add some food gradually the week after so I go out of ketosis and can have a few drinks. We're going all inclusive, but we're going to cape verde so should be lots of yummy seafood, so shouldn't be too difficult to get off the carbs.

Back