Vix09

Hi all

I've managed to pile on 26 lbs in a shocking amount of time and have decided to use exante total solution to get rid of it as its made me completely miserable and i feel massive :(

I'm on day one today and its gone pretty well but I know its going to be hard sticking to it, have decided to use skimmed milk in my hot drinks as it will help me so much to stick to it and shouldn't have too much of an impact on weight loss i hope!

How has everyone else done on TS?

How much should i expect to lose on a weekly basis?

Hi Vix,

I am on Exante TS at the moment. The first few days are hard as your body gets used to a lower carb intake and goes into ketosis.

I'm not sure if skimmed milk is allowed on TS. I think Sarah might know. I think it has sugar in it, doesn't it?

What you lose on a weekly basis depends on your starting weight and how active your lifestyle is, I guess. You will probably lose a significant amount of weight in your first week. Exante say that you can lose about a stone per month on TS, so that's probably a good guide. So in a couple of months, you will be rid of those 26 lbs! :D

Hi Vix, welcome to the forum.

The skimmed milk isn't really allowed, but you should be fine if you keep it to just drinks. I have been using it on working and have about 1/5 of a pint a day in drinks.

Good luck with it.

Just out of interest, how did you hear about Exante? I am a new consultant and trying to find out how most people hear about the diet to help my marketing.

Hi there

Ive just completed my first week on TS and lost 12lbs although I do have alot of weight to lose!

Good luck on your first week you will do great.

Love Becky x

Sarah p

Just for info, I had never heard of Exante before discovering this wonderful site.

Vanda

Thanks for the encouragement, it's been quite hard tonight, hence coming on here to take my mind off it!

I know skimmed milk isn't really allowed but it makes the diet more bearable for me and a drop in each drink "shouldn't" make too much difference i hope.

I came across exante by just googling online for diet/weight loss programs :)

I have tried the lighterlife products before and i have to say they taste SO much better than exante but definitely not worth that much extra money in my opinion. The one thing on exante that i find taste much nicer are the soups, much thicker and creamier tasting.

Thanks for the encouragement, it's been quite hard tonight, hence coming on here to take my mind off it!

I know skimmed milk isn't really allowed but it makes the diet more bearable for me and a drop in each drink "shouldn't" make too much difference i hope.

I came across exante by just googling online for diet/weight loss programs :)

I have tried the lighterlife products before and i have to say they taste SO much better than exante but definitely not worth that much extra money in my opinion. The one thing on exante that i find taste much nicer are the soups, much thicker and creamier tasting.

Hi Vix....just like you I googled VLCD and found both exants and this forum.

I love the shakes and bars but after 4 weeks I'm really struggling with the soups. Especially thai chicken and mushroom :sick0019: (sorry if that's TMI). I'm thinking of just having 2 shakes and a bar, SarahP would that be OK??? Will have to get through most of the soups but if anyone wants my mushroom I'll happily send the off.

Hi Vix....just like you I googled VLCD and found both exants and this forum.

I love the shakes and bars but after 4 weeks I'm really struggling with the soups. Especially thai chicken and mushroom :sick0019: (sorry if that's TMI). I'm thinking of just having 2 shakes and a bar, SarahP would that be OK??? Will have to get through most of the soups but if anyone wants my mushroom I'll happily send the off.

I found I got bored of flavours. Didn't have the other issues that you are having NB! But then I go back to flavours and they are my favs for a while.

It's fine to have 2 shakes and a bar and not have soups at all. Lots of people either don't have shakes or soups as they prefer one or the other.

Thanks for all telling me how you heard about it. It's really useful to know how people look for weight loss programmes.

Vanda, if you wanted more flavour from the shakes, try adding a sweetner tablet and that increases the flavour. Use splenda if you can get it.

Yeah, i'm getting bored of the soups too, the only one i like is the tomato. I'm thinking of just ordering the shakes next time....only problem is it works out a lot more expensive than the promotional packs. Will have to have a think.

To be honest i'd much rather have less bars, maybe 3 or 4 a week and have more shakes/soups but the price of the promotional pack works out so much more cost effective so just gonna stick to what im getting in the packs.

Hopefully I'm gonna stick to TS for at least a month and then after that see how i feel if i'm finding it really difficult i may switch to WS to lose the last of my weight.

Naturalblue- we seem to have a similar amount of weight to lose are you on TS also?
Hopefully we'll both lose it soon enough :) How have you found exante so far?

Hi there

How are you finding it after a couple of days?

Hiya
Day three went quite smoothly didn't have any cravings whatsoever and day four is ok so far but it is only 11am! Just want monday to be here so i can hopefully see some results to spur me on.
Don't think i'll lose 12lbs though you must have been over the moon with that result.
How's your second week going? When have your hardest/easiest days been so far?

Hi

I have struggled more this week, wasnt feeling very well on Sunday so my OH made me eat something and then I ate on Monday and Tuesday too so today is like my second day and im struggling. Feeling hungry and tired and fed up!

I was amazed that I lost 12lb but sooooo happy! I do have alot to lose though. Dont think I will lose any this week but thats because of my 3 days off, im not going to let that get me down though as I am now back on track.

I found the first few days the easiest, I had some quite bad side effects from the detox/ketosis and think that was what was wrong with me on the Sunday but I am prepared to ride it out this time as I desperately need to lose the weight.

Hope this is of some help (dont let it put you off as you will see great results on Monday)

Sorry to hear you've been struggling this week but at least you're back on track now and haven't let it discourage you, thats always the hardest bit for me, slightest stray from the diet and i just have a total binge :eek:

Well day four still going well although im finding it really hard to motivate myself to eat the meal replacements as although there ok i don't find them overly tasty, especially the shakes and bars.

Only had two meal replacement packs yesterday, had one so far today keep thinking i'll have one in a minute but can't face it. I know its really not good to not have the three packs a day as your not getting your nutrients however i am finding it a real struggle will definitely have my three from now on though :)

Good luck with your weigh in, hopefully you will have lost a little and if not and you stay the same you'll still have lost 12lbs in 2 weeks which would be fab anyway!

Thank you I never thought of it like that 12lb in two weeks is ok isnt it! See what Saturday brings but it wont be good!

I only had 2 packs one day last week and really struggled the following day I was so hungry. I struggle with the bars and soups, like the bar with nuts that is quite nice and getting used to the others now, soups still a struggle though!

Why dont you try the working solution? 2 packs and a meal as you dont have an awful lot of weight to lose but im sure you would lose it quickly anyway? See how your 1st week goes, you will do great. Stick with it!

To be honest i'd much rather have less bars, maybe 3 or 4 a week and have more shakes/soups but the price of the promotional pack works out so much more cost effective so just gonna stick to what im getting in the packs.

Hopefully I'm gonna stick to TS for at least a month and then after that see how i feel if i'm finding it really difficult i may switch to WS to lose the last of my weight.

Naturalblue- we seem to have a similar amount of weight to lose are you on TS also?
Hopefully we'll both lose it soon enough :) How have you found exante so far?

Hi Vix, I'm on TS, started 14.04.09. I'm doing just fine, struggling with the soups at present. Hate the mushroom :badmood:at present. Had 2 days off for B/H and managed to lose 1lb. Going to carry on though as it's totally suiting me. Hopefully I'll manage to get through the soups then I'll probably just order shakes and bars even if it is more expensive. I so want this to work. :party0011:

Stick with it girls. It is so worth it.

When i started the variety pack didn't exist, so i have always bought the ones I liked. As you say, it's a bit more expensive, but better to have the selection that you like.

Stick with it girls. It is so worth it.

When i started the variety pack didn't exist, so i have always bought the ones I liked. As you say, it's a bit more expensive, but better to have the selection that you like.

Well that's the way I'm thinking. After all if I'm enjoying it then I'm most likely to stick to it. Still walking....despite blisters and rain LOL. My OH is trying to lose weight as well and totally dedicated to the walking

NB- Thats really good that you had 2 days off and still lost 1lb, my birthday is coming up and have arranged to go for a meal as part of it but will be having the meal and thats it straight back on track so you've given me hope that i might at least stay the same! :D

Sarah- Yes after i've used up these packs i may see how my finances are and just order the ones i like most tbh, it is a bit of a pain when your not really keen on some of the flavours and have to use them anyway.
You've done so well with your weight loss its amazing and really spurs me on to know that people get such great results on this plan :)

Well done NB on losing 1lb. I missed that yesterday. And well done for getting straight back onto it.

I agree about needing to enjoy what you are having. I mostly used banana and strawberry shakes and veg and mushroom soup. But I have got bored of mushroom and fallen back in love with tomato. So now it's veg and tomato soups, with the odd thai and mushroom soups along the way. Oh and toffee bars have seen me through the whole thing.

The plan certainly works. It's just a case of having the willpower and desire to stick to it. Two of the other consultants have also lost a lot of weight doing it, so there are a few of us around that can testify to how good it is. And having tried some products from one of the other VLCDs, i think exante are much nicer and being more natural is better on the whole wind/constipation factor too!

Back