Newbies food diary, water challenge and C25k log...

Charmel

Ok. It's day 0. Tonight I'm joining SW, and starting my C25k. I'm also taking on the water challenge to drink 2l per day. I'm hoping that by starting all three things together I'll have far more likelihood of succeeding in at least one of them! That may be a negative way to look at it, so on the flip side, if I succeed at all three I will be slimmer, healthier and have better skin very soon. Here's hoping!

So, why am I doing this? Well, I've been overweight since my early twenties, and every year or so I go on a diet and lose a few pounds, then it creeps back on again. Up until my early twenties I was a skinny Minnie. So I have the feeling soooo many people understand. I'm a thin girl stuck inside a fat girls body! But I've also started to realise that the only person who can do anything about that is ME. And by joining a SW group and keeping a diary on here, I'm hoping for some positive peer pressure to keep me on track.

So, day 0 and I don't actually even know what I weigh yet, but I have seven hours in the car today, and five hours in meetings, so I'd better go!

I did it! First achievement today... I joined SW! And I stayed to group, which I'm very impressed at myself for. So well done me.

Oh, and it provided the all important starting weight..... 12st 3lb. Seriously, that's not a weight I want to be, so, here goes nothing!

Day one on SW...

Breakfast
Activia snack-pot (free)
Banana (sf)

Lunch
Tuna (free)
Tomatoes (sf)
Grapes (sf)

Dinner
Three egg omelette (free)
28g cheese (5)
Tomatoes (sf)

Snacks
Alpen low fat bar x 2 (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Water (1.5l)

So far, so good... About to embark on my C25k tonight too!

Well done for joining Charmel!! That's the hard part!!! Looks like you've not eaten a lot today though - id be starving (but hey I'm greedy!!!) I never thought this diet would work because you can eat so much but it's completely changed my outlook on food!! Don't deprive yourself too much and massive good luck vibes coming your way!!! X

Thank you! You make a good point on what I've eaten... Joined last night and haven't been food shopping yet so need to get sorted with some meal plans! I'm shopping tomorrow after work, so hopefully will improve a bit then.

Quick update on C25k too... Just back from W1D1! Soooooo proud of myself for doing it, but have to admit it was harder than I'd expected. I'm seriously unfit :-(

Day Two Menu (EE)

Breakfast
Activia Fat Free (f)
Banana (sf)

Lunch
Jacket potato (f)
Beans (f)
Grapes (sf)

Dinner
Pasta (f)
Tsp pesto (1)

Supper (I was hungry!)
Bacon (f)
Eggs (f)
Apple

Hexa milk in tea
Hexb alpen light bars

Day Three (EE)

Breakfast
Activia fat free (f)
Grapes (sf)

Lunch
Jacket potato (f)
Cajun chicken (f)
Corn on the cob (f)
Tomatoes (sf)
Peas (sf)
Butter (2)

Dinner
Chicken (f)
Rice (f)
Coconut milk (2.5)
Peppers (sf)
Onion (sf)
Courgette (sf)
Garlic (sf)
Carrot (sf)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Sparkling wine (6.5)
Diet coke (f)

Snacks
2x alpen light (hexb)

Day Four (EE)

Breakfast
Bacon (f)
Eggs (f)
Tomatoes (sf)
Beans (f)
Waffle (3.5)

Lunch
Chicken curry from yesterday (2.5)

Dinner... Too full!
Activia fat free (f)
Banana (sf)

Snacks
2x alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
1l water
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

About to tackle C25k W1D2 and dreading it as my legs still hurt from last time!

C25k W1D2 done! Very proud, as I didn't want to go. My legs were still hurting from first time and it's really windy. But I did it! Yay me!

Hmmm, bit miffed really. Had a sneaky mid-week WI (I know!) and have only lost 1lb, and DH has gained 1lb. Seriously not fair! It is our first week, and we have stuck 100% to plan.

Need to pick ourselves up now. Both sat here feeling a bit angry.

Charmel said:
Hmmm, bit miffed really. Had a sneaky mid-week WI (I know!) and have only lost 1lb, and DH has gained 1lb. Seriously not fair! It is our first week, and we have stuck 100% to plan.

Need to pick ourselves up now. Both sat here feeling a bit angry.

Don't get angry! It's happened to me before and by end of week at actual WI I've lost! Mid week WI are not good (I still do it though! Lol!) stick to plan and I'm sure you'll find a bigger loss xx

Thank you for the kind words! We are having a good chat about it, and know we were really foolish doing it midweek (and straight after a huge chilli and fruit salad) but it's still soooo disappointing on our first week. Especially for hubby.

Anyway, we are sticking with it, and will not be foolish enough to try midweek WIs again :-(

Charmel said:
Thank you for the kind words! We are having a good chat about it, and know we were really foolish doing it midweek (and straight after a huge chilli and fruit salad) but it's still soooo disappointing on our first week. Especially for hubby.

Anyway, we are sticking with it, and will not be foolish enough to try midweek WIs again :-(

Especially not after a big chilli!!! You'll be fine!! :)

Day Five (EE)

Breakfast
Activia fat free
Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and beans, lettuce and tomato and dressing (3)

Dinner
Massive home made chilli with tons of free and superfree stuff, using a Schwartz mix (3) and oil (2.5h)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Fresh fruit salad with strawberries

Drinks
1.5l water
2 cups tea (3)
Diet coke

And the good news? Legs actually feel ok despite last nights run :)

Day Six EE

Breakfast
Natural yoghurt and frozen fruit

Lunch
Ham salad
Activia low fat

Dinner
Spaghetti Bol at an Italian (15?)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Apple

Drinks
1l water
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Feeling pretty good for not pigging out at the Italian, and for not comfort eating, which I normally do to excess when my stress levels are this high. Just got my first WI to look forward to tomorrow. Arrrggghhh!

Day 7 EE

Breakfast
Activia and an apple

Lunch
Ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot

Snack
Alpen light (hexb) and banana
Mini milky way (4)

Dinner...
Chicken tikka massala and rice with red peppers, onions and garlic. Not had this yet!

Back