Newcomer's Diary

newcomer

Its been 3 weeks today so I have decided to start my own diary to try and help me to succeed, so here goes!!!

3 weeks in 4lbs lost, I am happy with this:)

Have took all meaurements.
Am back at the gym thursday which hopefully may speed up my weight loss have not been able to go since I started Xenical due to holiday and committments so looking forwarding to getting back into it. I used to go every morning but think now I shall probably do gym 3 times and week and the other 2 days fit in an excercise class just to vary it abit

Last edited:
Good luck on your journey, you are lucky to be able to do exercise, unfortunately I can't due to an arthritic knee, but I am losing weight and that is a good thing as I have been promised an Op on my knee and the Doc said every pound I lose will help.

I keep a record of my measurements as no-one can argue with a tape measure where as my digital scales are useless so I rely on my Doc to weigh me when I get my prescription for Xenical, which is just once a month.

Look forward to reading you diary of your journey.

Wow,
Have just noticed that you have lost 16lbs !!! well done... I cannot wait till I have lost my first stone I just know I am going to feel so much better!

Ticker up as well now... lookin good...

eats..
today have had special k for breakfast
a couple of the large snack o jacks mid morning
plums
beef salad sandwich for lunch with scraping of low fat spread
2 x bananas
pot of low fat cottage cheese mid afternoon
for dinner
chicken new potatoes beans courgettes parsnips and carrots gravy
really full

Last edited:
I had been trying to lose weight for a while and had slowly last weight but my measurements were giving some really good results so when I went on Xenical it was just kick up the b** that my body needed and it fell off. I don't now how I am doing just now as my scales are useless but I am going to my Sis's later on and I will weigh myself on hers. I know from past experience that for me Xenical really works.

Had a good day today , have been out shopping all day getting school stuff sorted out for girls... got it all done feet are killing me, have been walking around for five hours, stopped off for lunch at pizza express using tesco vouchers!

eaten today......

breakfast- special k skimmed milk
banana

lunch- chicken salad with low fat ceasar salad and bread ( how good am I ) also no pud when everyone else did!!!!:girlpower:

dinner -special k with skimmed milk
and banana
not really hungry but thought I better have something so could take blue pill.

Good luck Madchef, hope you have a good weight in at your sisters house....please let me know how you get on... fingers crossed!xxxxxx

Didnt have time to do my food diary yesterday but I was good, today i had my usual breakfast special K which I really enjoy now, prawn cob for lunch and for tea minted lamb chops oven chips and salad... which was really filling...

Out tomorrow night for a meal and lots of drinks so not sure what the scales will think of that will have to wait and see,,, docs on tuesday so fingers crossed that my first 4 weeks have been good enough for him to prescribe me some more....:D

Good luck Madchef, hope you have a good weight in at your sisters house....please let me know how you get on... fingers crossed!xxxxxx
On her scales it looks as tho I have lost another 3lbs :D but the one I am looking forward to is my Doc's one which is a week on Tuesday. I am positive that it is going to be good as I have lost a full inch off my waist
1.gif

Good Luck mad Chef!
Well night went well last night drank far too much wine and suffering the consequences of that today ( serves me right) however stuck to rules eating wise although we didnt eat until very late!
Got on scales this morning as could not resist and it would appear that no damage done so far... had good day today although I do want to eat loads of bread today...
am having steak jacket potato and roasted veg tonight.. and a bit of salad... am hungry now just waiting for everyone to get home before I do the steak....
busy day ahead tomorrow and then doc on tues- cant wait!

Another good day today... special K for breakfast ( I think I am addicted to it) chicken salad sandwich for dinner with snack of jacks and plenty of fruit for tea roast chicken jacket potato and salad and blob of low fat mayo ..drank plenty of water today and have my weigh in at 0830hrs tomorrow....

Well.
Went to docs this morning and on his scales which are the salter type non digital..just like bathroom scales basically.. it showed I had lost the grand total of 1lb :(:confused:

I have come back home after collecting my blue pills for next month, doc didnt seem too concerned he tried to reassure me, have I had breakfast? did I wear jeans last time I came? etc etc...
But as all us constant dieters know we are already aware of everything;) I did wear jeans last time that why i wore them again for a true reflection , I didnt have breakfast last time therefore didnt this time either etc etc....
However, I know that my digital scales said the same exactly as those scales in his room last month and I also know that my digital scales showed a 4lb loss this morning in bathroom, so I have decided that my 4lbs weight loss stands and his scales must be old/wrong, he did say that he was surprised as he could tell I had lost weight just by looking at me ( and yes he is pretty gorgeous!) aren't I a lucky girl :D
I do feel as though I have lost weight clothes are starting to fit better across my tummy.... so I am going to take it that his scales are going to be unpredictable as mine did match his exactly the first time... and they are digital scales try as I might you can't make them work for you by leaning back etc ( they just seem to know what you are doing!)
Anyway 4lbs is ok... only ok.... but I did drink alot of wine of saturday night and i really need to start doing excercise again.. finding it hard to get back into it... my friend cannot come to gym with me now as she has a bad back and i am also finding it alot harder now the kids are off school to get time to go... I used to go as soon as I had dropped them at school but now there is alway something going on, either they have friends round or we need to go somewhere or hubby is off! Really really am going to make a big effort to start back on tomorrow....

Had a busy few days and not really had time to update my diary, but doing well food wise, had glass of wine last night and two glasses of wine tonight but apart from that I have been very good, the scales have dropped slightly since my weigh in on tues,, i wish that i could resist getting on the scales in the morning every day as that determines how I feel for the whole day! I would like to be able to just weigh myself every tuesday... never mind....
Had usual breakfast special k, sandwich for lunch and snack o jacks and then for tea jacket potato fish and salad....
Went swimming yesterday and really enjoyed it,,, starting back at the gym properly next week and am doing well with the water..

Had a busy few days and not really had time to update my diary, but doing well food wise, had glass of wine last night and two glasses of wine tonight but apart from that I have been very good, the scales have dropped slightly since my weigh in on tues,, i wish that i could resist getting on the scales in the morning every day as that determines how I feel for the whole day! I would like to be able to just weigh myself every tuesday... never mind....
Had usual breakfast special k, sandwich for lunch and snack o jacks and then for tea jacket potato fish and salad....
Went swimming yesterday and really enjoyed it,,, starting back at the gym properly next week and am doing well with the water..
Swap your Scales for a tape measure, you will notice your progress so much more as non-one can adjust a tape measure, yep I know you can breathe in but if you do that every time you will get a correct measurement whereas Scales depend on what flooring they are on, unless you have a super duper expensive one ;)

I used to have one that was colour coded, red being the worst etc; but I lost it in a move does anyone know where I can get another one?

hmmm i have a color coded one i got mine from xenical help team MAP when it was still active.. sadly they closed down and only run by forums now... so hmm try ebay??

and newcomer 4lbs is a good achievement please dont be so harsh on your body your doing well and your eating well too.. be careful with the steak though xenical usually doesnt agree with it x

Thanks Madchef and Pink Punkstarr...xxx
I am staying positive, have just had tea out and had steak again,.. bit worried now although have had no bad side effects with the steak before so perhaps its ok for me,, i do think it the easiest thing to have when eating out.. with jacket potato as you know exactly what you will get...
Big surprise this morning though while eating my usual special k....with red berries although it was M&S version of it, looked at the details on the box and to my horror... although it is low in fat,,, it had 34g of sugar per 100g!!!:eek: OMG...
I have given the rest to the chickens in the garden and have decided to go back to my old faithful Bran Flakes... am wondering now perhaps this is why my weight loss has been slower that others... I was eating a huge amount of sugar unknowingly.. sometimes twice a day!
So monday tomorrow , am now starting the week afresh with new cereal, and then the rest as normal, cannot refine other stuff I eat as it seems to be really healthy and low in fat...here goes then for tomorrow...

Bran Flakes today with skimmed milk, chicken pasta salad for lunch, a few snack of jack circles in the afternoon... banana and then for tea cooked dinner, chicken potato broccoli..and gravy...
really full... am going to try and reduce my portion sizes.. am far too full... xxx

I think she means the big snack a jacks as opposed to the crisp packet like ones?

thanks poogatch.x
yes that them, the big ones, if i get peckish I like to have a couple..;)

On a boring course all day today, had bran flakes for brekkie, took some pasta salad with me for lunch with a banana and for tea have had a jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad.. very full the j.pot was quite big..
I really hope the scales move this week am getting well fed up of them not budgin!

Have been out all day today with hubby and kids... yes in the rain,,,had bran flakes for breakfast... jacket potato out for lunch with tuna and salad and guess what? jacket potato again for tea out with tuna and salad.... where we went it wasnt safe to have anything else!! never mind I did enjoy it... sat down now with a large glass of rose.... dissappointed with scales they are showing a weight gain today... I have no idea why??? just wish I could stop weighing myself everyday...

Back