Newcomer's Diary

Well, went to see nurse on Friday morning and have put on 3.5lbs:(:( I did expect a gain as had put on 5lbs but lost a bit since the new year but not enough!!
Never mind back on track and also back on track properly tomorrow as going back to the gym which I havent been to for ages....
I am now really going to go for it as well, new year new me... looking forward to wearing some lovely clothes and feeling a lot fitter come the summer....

Having a good few days... enrolled on myfitnesspal.com .... have found this really useful to be mindful of cals and fat content throughout the day... ideal for me to keep track will try and update it everyday... looking forward to my phone upgrade now so that I can update it when I am out and about as I eat the food...and do the excercise of course!:)

Talking of excercise not going to gym everyday anymore have decided that 3 times a week is enough and I just stay there for an hour rather than doing a quick session everyday so should work out the same...
So have decided to go mon, wed and fri
I started back mon and went yesterday also and my bum is aching today so obviously doing something right!!

Would like to lose what I have put on over xmas which was 3.5lb and then also a little more on top... so would like to lose 5.5lb or 6lb

My scales are going the wrong way!!!!!
and I dont know why??????

Have put all that I plan to eat on my fitnesspal today and have started to notice that I do not eat anywhere near 15g of fat per meal for breakfast it is 2g and for lunch as I have included snacks it goes up to 11g.. however for my whole day it is on 19g out of a possible 45g....
Am wondering though if you managed to get anywhere near the 45g of fat that you can have..eg 15g per meal then I would imagine that the cals for that day would be very high... in fact too high to lose weight?????????

wow piink punkstarr you have done so well in your weight loss,congratulations on your acheivement :D , i hope i can be as succesful as you i need to lose 7 stones realisticaly i have problems with both my knees, gp thinks its due to my weight i am 110kg

Thanks xxx
I have had a really busy weekend!! OMG I think I have managed to drink more alcohol this weekend than I have all over Xmas...... still it sometimes happens that way..... so consequently I still havent lost any of the weight I put on over Xmas yet... still back to it now.... I think I may have 2.5 weeks to get myself sorted out and back into a routine,,,, really need to start going back down the gym regularly..

You can do it!
Just keep telling your self that!

Thanks everyone,

Had a good few days....
looked in my diary though and I dont have 2.5 weeks, my weigh-in is next week:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG
So now this has made me really start to go for it, went to the gym yesterday, no alcohol at all this weekend in fact not till weigh in just cannot spare the calories!!
Have lost 2lbs already if I can lose 2lb more will be happy with that....

Thanks Joany,
Well went to see the nurse... lost 2lbs ( only just ) back with avengance now though... I have committed myself to losing 5lbs at least by the next weigh-in.. not doing much gym at the moment but have been going to zumba classes... OMG.. they are fast and hard, the sweat pours off you but it is also thankfully good fun...

Well done on the loss... and if you set your mind to that 5lbs I'm sure you can do it....
And I'd also love to do zumba!

Zumba is the hardest thing I have ever done! but lots of fun... it is a mixture of aerobics and salsa I think ( that what it seems to me anyway) you are shattered afterwards... the first time I did it I came back home ate my dinner on my lap watching midsomers murders ( the last one as well) fell asleep... only woke up just as it was finishing with the tray still on my lap!!! lol

Lol that's quite funny...

Hiyaa! The doc is starting me on xenical within the next few weeks, as i have polycystic ovaries and am a uk dress size 20-22 and 75lbs if not more overweight and am unable to concieve. I am also going to be going on Metformin tablets, which my doctor also said will make me loose weight, so hopefully i will be a uk size 12 in no time lol ((hopefullly)) i also go to the gym 2 times a week so that may help also. Im abit worried about the oily stools that some people describe, :s but as long as i stick to a low fat low calorie diet i should be fine. It will be really helpful for me to talk to other women who are on the same medication as me as i feel quite alone with my weight problem as none of my family or friends understand whats its like being overweight, thanks

Hiyaa! The doc is starting me on xenical within the next few weeks, as i have polycystic ovaries and am a uk dress size 20-22 and 75lbs if not more overweight and am unable to concieve. I am also going to be going on Metformin tablets, which my doctor also said will make me loose weight, so hopefully i will be a uk size 12 in no time lol ((hopefullly)) i also go to the gym 2 times a week so that may help also. Im abit worried about the oily stools that some people describe, :s but as long as i stick to a low fat low calorie diet i should be fine. It will be really helpful for me to talk to other women who are on the same medication as me as i feel quite alone with my weight problem as none of my family or friends understand whats its like being overweight, thanks

hi and welcome to the xenical site, you will find great help on here, but you will get more people to support you if you start your own diary hun and then you can write down your food diary and anything else you want to put down!! Not many would see you on here!!

As for the oily stools you wont experience them once you stick to the low fat rule of no more than 5g of fat per 100g of item of food!! 45g of fat a day is the maximum! We are all in the same boat here, so we know what your going through!! Good luck!!

Hi Ki33ie,

Good luck, hope you get on alright with the tablets... read all the info you can on this site first it is really helpful, re the rules and also what foods to avoid...you wont have any side effects if you follow the rules and can carry on life as normal... good luck.. let us know how you get on,,

Back