News about my little sis

Yasmine

One last chance
Well, I went to the hospital today to give my support to Nasreen, today was her operation for removing her ovarian cyst. Things were much worse than what we thought.

The pain that she was in seemed very high the doctors thought because they thought that it was just a cyst, they are painful but she was in so much pain and we found out that the cyst twisted her ovary 3 times in one direction causing the ovary to damage. Her left ovary was removed. She still has gallstones in her gallbladder and is severly constipated but this will be treated until after she has fully recovered from her operation.

The ovary that was removed has to be taken to the lab to check if there are any signs of cancer, diseases or infections. Hopefully nothing will come up.

Another piece of bad news, Lipotrim has infected her kidneys. So she is no longer allowed to be on Lipotrim.

She ate today, she had a bit of bread, some hot blackcurrent drink that the doctor told her to have, and some sort of vegetable soup. How is this going to affect her weight?

All in all, she's happy and seems to act a little like as if nothing happened :eek:, she's feels a little pain but that's normal. She's doing fine :)

Oh Yasmin I am so sorry. Hope your sister is better really soon and fingers and toes crossed that nothing more sinister is found xx

oh, poor her!! Hope she will feel much better soon!!! xxx

Sorry to hear how poorly Nasreen is. I hope she makes a rapid recovery

Irene xx
Thanks Irene, she's doing a lot better than what the doctors thought. Tolerant thing she is lol :)

Oh Yasmin I am so sorry. Hope your sister is better really soon and fingers and toes crossed that nothing more sinister is found xx
Thanks, I really hope nothing comes of it too. I mean, 15 years old and having to have an ovary removed. That's bad enough.

Hi Yas ... I'm sorry things were worse than expected for Nas. I hope this will sort her out and be the end of it.

I realise it won't be a priority right now but it would be interesting to know at some point how LT infected her kidneys and in what way - and for that matter how they know the infection was caused by LT.

But like I said first things first. I'm sure the histology results will be fine and I hope she makes a rapid recovery.
Give her our love! xx

Hi Yas ... I'm sorry things were worse than expected for Nas. I hope this will sort her out and be the end of it.

I realise it won't be a priority right now but it would be interesting to know at some point how LT infected her kidneys and in what way - and for that matter how they know the infection was caused by LT.

But like I said first things first. I'm sure the histology results will be fine and I hope she makes a rapid recovery.
Give her our love! xx
I'm not entirely sure what it was about the whole kidney situation, but I think it's something to do with the nutrients that her kidney needs are not getting there and LT seems to be messing with it. I'll ask and update in detail, I'd like to know properly myself.

Thanks Yas x

Thanks Yas x
My mum told me. Apparently, all of the nutrients like calcium and stuff that is in the shakes, her kidneys and gallbladder can't cope with them, and they were just being stored. The gallstones in her gallbladder are also affected by the LT shakes. The powder in the shakes were kinda building up clogs to her gallbladder and kidneys.

Lets hope your Sister makes a rapid recovery, all the best to her.
Thanks. I'm sure she will.

By the way, I mentioned some things that she was drinking and eating. What going to happen to her glycogen levels?

Sending all the best wishes in the world to both you and your sister. I am sure she is thankful of the support you are giving her. x x
Thank you very much.

Because of eating bread, the glycogen levels could raise quicker than they would normally. It would be best if she could stick to the proper refeed sheet, but obviously replacing the shakes with some protein, maybe an egg, or low fat yogurt etc.

Because of eating bread, the glycogen levels could raise quicker than they would normally. It would be best if she could stick to the proper refeed sheet, but obviously replacing the shakes with some protein, maybe an egg, or low fat yogurt etc.
Oh ok, I'll let her know.

Thanks for that Yas - interesting. x

I haven't posted much lately coz of my hectic life at the mo (hence why I'm online so late!) but I try to grab a bit of time each day to read some posts. I really felt I had to reply to this one though.

Dear Yasmine, I am so sorry to hear everything poor Nasreen has been through. I am glad to hear the docs are sorting her out and I wish her a very speedy recovery and am sending lots of love and positive vibes - though I'm sure she won't need them with such a lovely sister supporting her.

Tell her to try and keep off the carbs but to concentrate on getting better. She has done so well so far and we are all proud of you both.

Thank you for keeping us up to date with her progress.

xx

Back