News today - water intoxication

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by RacieTracie, 15 January 2007 Social URL.

1. RacieTracie

RacieTracie Full Member

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    That's sad! For a nintendo wii Can hardly believe it.

Caution to all to not drink too much water over a short period. Try to spread it through the day AMAP.

Thanks Tracie.

Dizzy x
  4. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Lighter Life and now CD
    She did drink 6.2 litres in quite a short space of time I think. 4 Litres spread throughout the day should be fine.
  5. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

OMG, this may explain why I felt so drunk. I did post about a week ago, "is it possible to get drunk on water"?

I am drinking about 7/8 litres a day, may be I should reduce this?
  6. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Hhmmm..... The most I'd go to would be 6 litres and in all honesty that would be on account of doing exercise :cool:
  7. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

How much water did she drink?

I completely agree that it is possible to drink too much water. However one cannot go soley on the standard guidelines since on a VLCD one is not consuming food so no proper water content. However since water is added to make up the shakes and soups I wonder why that doesn't contribute to water intake as pound for pound there's more water in a soup or shake than there would be in a bread and butter sandwich ......

However one thing I wanted to
  8. artemis

artemis Lil' Miss Naughty

Lighter Life
    I could do 8 plus my packs no problem, Ive only had one day where Ive almost done 10 without realising and did feel a bit off with myself.

Since my fall of the wagon a few months ago i usually manage 6 a day.
  9. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

I drink about 2 to 2 1/2 litres a day on a VLCD and i know i couldnt actually get more down me.

Its awful this story...poor woman...wanting to win a Wii...nothing wrong with that...

God help her and rest her soul

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.