Next Dress......sizing???

furrysmudge

Gold Member
Saw the most fantastic maxi dress in a magazine from next last week and fell in love with it, so went into our local shop and ordered it from the directory. Have been wearing maxi dresses in sizes 14 and 16 (other clothing ranges from 16 to 18) so thought I'd be safe with a 16. Arrived, gorgeous. Fit? No chance. Duly went back to shop and re-ordered in an 18. arrived next day, still not a good fit. Sadly went back, joked about 3rd time lucky ready to order in a 20 :cry:to be told that size wasn't available so I've ordered a 22 thinking ok hopefully it will be comfy on the body, if its too big at the top i can tighten the elastic....but a 22???????? :cry::cry::cry:feel devastated (but I do so love the dress). Does Next clothing generally come up small? Or is it just me kidding myself? xx

In next Trousers are always a bigger cut in my experience but tops and dress are smaller cut. Have been known to be wearing a size 18 pair of trousers with a size 22 shirt both from next and for all i am big, i am in proportion so this shouldn't be the case!!

The next cut is def smaller, i wear 12/14 trousers but on that chart it says am a size 16? no way!!!! Am actually now fitting in a 12 comfortably even though my waist is 32inches...

I've always found their dresses to be small to be honest.

Even when I was only a size 16 I was wearing a size 20 dress!

Try not to let it bother you...after all...who sees your label? ;)

I always find next sizes small, now fit in an 18 from all other stores but have to wear a 20 from next

Thanks guys I feel so much better now lolol xx

A lot depends on who makes a model for the store as well. They are not all made in the same factory.

I am another who fits comfortably into a size 18 trousers but has trouble with a size 20 top in Next stuff when in reality my bottom end is a bigger size than my top.

As someone said, what does it matter. You know you are not that size, just cut the label out and feel good about yourself.

It is a gorgeous dress :) xx

Lol the 22 just arrived and......it's too big!!! Flows nicely over the hips though so I can try and adjust the top (which fell straight down lol). Reckon I would've got away with a 20, that makes me feel better. Thanks for all your replies :) xx

Back