Niamhs Diary

Hi everyone,

So I went to hosp on fri and had the scan. Nothing showed up on ovaries which is fab but showed I have a fibroid on womb. So they want to do an MRI to get a better look. Doc not concerned though which I am so relieved with. They took bloods and I have to get more bloods taken on day 2 of my cycle to see if I am ovulating etc. So overall I am much relieved by everything.

On the diet front, I am back to loving this diet. I am finding it really easy again and loving the fact that I dont even have to think about it. Just what shake to have lol.
Eventhough I still have a long way to go, I am really comfortable wearing shorts and vestie tops and no longer feel like a beached whale. I even wore my size 14 denim skirt at the weekend. Everyone is telling me how fantastic I look and so much younger! Even my brothers who wouldnt notice things straight in front of them are being really encouraging and telling me how well I am doing. I am just feeling so fantastic at the moment (hope it lasts!!!)

I lost 3lbs this week. I am now 1lb shy of 4 stone gone. It kinda feels surreal. I can really feel the old me coming back. I want to go places and am not embarrassed by the way I look anymore. My relationship with hubby has improved so much. Its like we are newlyweds again. I must have been hell to live with not wanting to go anywhere or do anything.

So all in all I am feeling great looking great (I am so modest lol) and loving life and LT again.

Niamh xxx

Hiya, so glad everything went well, you must feel a lot better about things now.
Size 14!! You lucky thing, I don't think I have been size 14 since I was 14.
Enjoy the sunshine and lots of luck for next week!

Its great to hear you so positive......hopefully all will go with the fibroid....x
Wow nearly 4 stone gone,and getting into a size 14 thats brilliant ....keep up the great work

I havent updated my diary in a while. So here goes.....

I am 11 weeks on TFR tomorrow. Cant believe it really. In ways it has flown by and in others it has been a real drag. I have had to go to 2 Birthday BBQs, a First Communion and even my wedding anniversary and I have stayed 100%. I am extremely proud of myself for that.

I am a totally different person than I was 11 weeks ago. Not only do I look so much different but my confidence has increased dramatically. I am not ashamed anymore of how I look. Now I know I still have a ways to go but I dont feel FAT anymore. I am wearing a size 16 comfortably and everyone is telling me how amazing I look.

The only thing that is getting me down is that I want to get down to a size 10/12 which means at least another 3 stone to lose. I honestly dont know if i have the strength to stay 100% for another 3 months. I really want to get the weight off but I suppose I am just getting impatient to get there. My weight loss has slowed down and I am losing about 3lbs a week. That is fantastic still I know but I suppose I just got used to losing big numbers so 3lbs feels small.

Anyway rant over!!!!!

Niamh xxx

Hi Niamh, a 3lbs loss is gooood! as everyone says what other diet could you have such consistently high losses with?

good news about the cyst.

have you got any pics to look at to keep you focussed? i keep looking at pics of my fat bum everynight at the moment! can see my shape changing a bit already so i guess it's good!

keep on keeping on!

So I got all the motivation I need to keep going today as i had a loss of 6lbs!!!! That means I have lost a total of 4st8lbs in 11 weeks. Thats crazy stuff (good crazy though. If I lose another 6lbs before the 19th of July (2 weeks time) I will have lost 5 stone in 3 months. What other diet in the world would yield those results????? I know its been really hard and I have really struggled at times but it really is worth a few months of misery.

I really want to get to 12 stone on LT then switch over to WW to lose the remainder. The reason I want to do this is as follows:

I will learn to eat healthily and have support there to help me.
I will learn to eat a certain number of points per day and no more and as I will still have weight to lose I should be motivated to do it.
I will have to go for weigh in every week (like i do now) and once I reach my goal I will be a gold member and can weigh in for life.
I want to get into size 12 clothes and at 12 stone I should be able to!
At 12 stone I will no longer be obese!!!!

Thats how I feel at the moment but I am not making any firm decisions on it. I have a have a "Hen Weekend" at the end of August but I would still stay on TFR for it if I am not ready to come off. The only deadline I have is the wedding in Oct. I will definately be off it by then.

Thanks jemi for your support! Its really appreciated!

Niamh xxx

Wow Niamh, don't stand sideways or we won't see you! :D :D
That is an amazing loss, you must be over the moon.
So glad you had a good loss this week, just shows what a bit of determination can do!
Hope you have another good week.

HaHaHa Fiona, No fear of not seeing me as there is still a lot of me in it!!!!! But I really am over the moon with how I am looking and feeling. The only bad thing about losing the weight is I have become quite vain lol. I am taking more interest in my appearance.

On the down side I am still struggling in the evening with the food demons. I think its more that I am bored with the shakes etc and I am longing for tasty things. I have resisted but its flipping hard. Its like a constant battle in my head. I can put up with it and it kinda gives me a kick to think I can overcome the cravings!!!!

My mum started last Monday on the LT. She lost 10lbs this week and is so delighted with herself. She is only doing it for a few weeks as she has a wedding at the end of July. But she has me to support her and I have her which is nice. My niece had her 16th Birthday on Saturday night last and she had a big party with a BBQ. I felt really sorry for mum as she was less than a week on the diet and she LOVES BBQ food. She was drooling. I'm kinda used to it at this stage so it didnt really bother me.... just it smelled sooooo nice. She was really strong though and I was really proud of her.

The biggest positive about losing weight is my marriage. Someone commented to us the other day that we were like newlyweds again. Little looks and smiles at each other. Holding hands and snuggling. I really think it has more to do with my new found confidence in myself and that I am less of a couch potato. Looking back on how I was I think I might have been a bit depressed. He is being really supportive and he is usually not the sensitive type.

I really have to start an exercise regime. But I am generally a lazy person and I hate exercising. I might start swimming again as I enjoy that. Maybe I might buy a workout DVD. Any advise on exercise for someone who hates exercise would be appreciated!!!!!!!

Niamh xxx

Hi Niamh

Just read your diary and wanted to add to the list of compliments. You've done so well!

Nothing wrong with being vain, i'm sure we'll all be the same when weve lost the same amount as you! I bet your husband enjoys showing you off too!

Its great that you can support your mum through this as it can be lonely and people never quite understand how were doing.

I've decided to take your advice and take it a week at time as it is quite daunting looking at everybodys lists of losses. The good thing is we can all be sure its going to keep coming off! Can't wait till my profile looks like yours! lol

Good luck with the next two weigh-ins and i'm sure you'll hit the 5 stone marker. You are amazing!

Emma x

you go girl!!!!! its amazing how great you feel hun and like you im taking more time with my clothes etc even make up. :eek::p

must be nice having the support of your hubby hun. plus hes getting the fab results eh. ;) :bunnydance:

i know what you mean about the bordom with the shakes, its the lack of taste and im so fed up of liquids but im on this for another 4 or 5 months and in my quest for slimdom its all worth it. especially now people are noticing. :)

drown the food demons in your head with water hun and just think how fab you will look at your cousins wedding!!! :eek::D.plus you have your mum on it now who will now understand what you going through etc and you can support each other.

stick with it hun, especially as you still having the big losses. :)

good luck

xox

Hey hun,
Well done so far! I can so relate to what your saying about your relationship with your hubby! Our relationship is so great now (in more ways than one lol). I think for me I never really felt I was good enough. My husband is flipping gorgeous although I am slightly biased and I just felt like a fat cow before. I never used to dress up nice because I just felt fat and used to dress like an old woman! Now I dress up more and hold my head high because I feel confident again.
Glad he is giving you support- always helps! And well done on your new found confidence- just imagine what you will feel like when you reach your target!
T x

Hey Tinkerbell... Thanks hun!!!! The only way (for me) to get through this diet is week by week. Sometimes day to day. It is a hard diet in ways but in others it is so easy. For me I would start a diet, go great for a few weeks and then break out and get bored and fed up only losing 1lb and think "I cant do this, it will take too long". For me LT is a lifesaver. The choice of food is gone. I cant think I'll be good tomorrow. I know if I break it will be 3/4 days of hunger and hell to get back into ketosis. No food is worth that.

Bex, you are, as always, so supportive of me and your words of encouragement and advise spur me on to keep going. THANK YOU!!!!

Hey Tigerlily, I cant believe how fantastic you look. You look like a different person in your new profile pic. Didnt your profile pic have a pic of you and your hubby???? You have done amazing. How was refeeding? Is it stange to be back eating? Are you following a plan? Questions Questions Questions.... Sorry!!!

Niamh xxx

So glad you are feeling vain, so you should after such a huge loss in such a short time! I bought a mirror the other day and have to take a peek every time I walk past, just to be sure its me! Haven't quite got used to being so much smaller already, I think its taking my mind a while to catch up with my body!
Its great you and hubby are like newly weds again, I think the huge boost you get to your confidence when you lose the weight makes you feel sexier.
As for exercise, see above! Seriously, I have just joined a gym and have lasted through one half hour sesson so far! Came out knackered and cursing lipotrim 'cos I tired so quickly, but I'm going to build up slowly. Trying to do some more walking as well, have borrowed my parents dogs (they live just next door so nice and easy) and they haven't had so much exercise in years!
I'm a bit bored with the shakes every now and then, too, but I keep telling myself it isn't forever. A few months out of the rest of my life is nothing compared to how I will feel once I get to a sensible weight. your idea of going from day to day is a good one, I did that when I quit smoking and it really helped.
Lots of luck for next week, that 5 stone mark will be here before you know it :D

Hey hun,
Thanks :) Yes was a pic of me and hubby before. Bit weird because I only lost two stone but it has made such a difference to the way I look. Hmmm not complaining though!
Been refeeding for about a month. I'm going for the suck it and see diet! I have been sticking to the refeed sheet roughly the last few weeks and been doing ok. This week I think I have been having to many carbs and have sts so going to cut back a bit now. Ideally would like to lose another stone but I'm in no rush!
It was so weird to eat at first. I just used to stare at my plate for ages before I could eat and just felt so guilty about the whole thing!
How much longer are you going to do this for? I have to admire you. 8 weeks was enough for me!
T x

Thank crunchie its Friday!!! Yeah!!!!

Looking froward to the weekend. I dont miss food at all now. Only thing I miss at the weekend is a glass of wine but i'm not missing it too much. I am back to enjoying this diet again.
I have been spending my time reading the WW section of minimins in prep for when I reach 12 stone and switch over. I have to say I am really looking forward to eating healthily and I like the more relaxed attitude in WW. No food is banned and as long as I stay within my points I can have treats. I think I have broken my addiction to choc and crisps. I have surprised myself with my willpower on this diet and I honestly believe I can keep the weight off. I no longer crave sugary foods.

Anyhoo. To answer Tigerlilys question. How long more will I be on LT? Still taking it week to week and when I reach 12 stone I am going to move to WW.

On the exercise front I am going to start off by going to aquafit 2 nights a week. Starting this Monday night. Am looking forward to it. I went before and it is a fantastic workout. The guy that does it really works you for the hour and its good for toning aswell!!

Got my appointment for the MRI. Its on Wed 21 July so at least I dont have too long to wait. Am back to Gyne on the 26th so I should have results of blood tests by then. Hopefully all will be ok. Am feeling very positive about it so I am sure it will be.

Thats all for now!

Niamh xxx

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was in town this morning with my hubby and I decided for a laugh to fit on a pair of size 14 jeans as my 16 Lee Cooper jeans are getting a bit loose. I wanted to try on a pair of 14 to see how much more I have to go to fit into a 14. So there I was in the dressing room and imagine my surprise when they fitted me. I actually cried a little (how sad!!!!). I walked out in them to show my hubby to see if he thought they looked ok and not too tight and he was amazed! Said I looked fab in them and to buy them.

I cant believe that I own and fit into size 14 jeans. I am on cloud 9!!!!!!

Went to see my county play a double header yesterday (football and hurling). First match was on at 5pm and second on at 7pm and we knew we'd have to be there at 4.30 so get good seats. Brought my flapjack with me and my fizzy water. My brother brought sandwiches with him as we knew it was going to be a long evening. So between matches as everyone around me was tucking into sandwiches choc and crisps, I whipped out my flapjack and started to eat it. The funny thing was the auld lad sitting beside me must have got the smell of it cause he kept side eying me to see what the hell I was eating. I was going to offer him a bite of it for the laugh but didnt!!!!! Good result as Offaly won both matches. Lipotrim has become so normal to me now I really dont miss food that much anymore.

Anyway I'll sign off now..... am a very happy bunny :bunnydance:

Niamh xxx

Last edited:
Well done I bet you feel great you are doing so well.
Cathy

So I went for my 12th weigh in today and I lost another 5lbs. Wasnt expecting that but am over the moon with it. Just a pound short of 5 stone lost now. I now weigh 13st 11lb from 18st10lb.

I LOVE LIPOTRIM!!!!!! lol

Niamh xxx

well done Niamh.You are doing really well.:clap::clap::clap:
Cathy

Wow In your 14's!!!! So delighted for you. Another goal ticked off:checkmark green:
Emma x

:party0023:

Back