nibbling my way thru the queasy!

Funnily enough I am on a roll today with the sparkling water intake.

I usually find it very taxing.

Still water is less pleasant. But I struggle with both.

So the new "week" started on monday for me (the dieting week). I lost a stone in the first week and i've been slightly fearing how the weight will be lost ...

i've been weighing myself every morning, same time. so far, since monday, i've lost 3lbs. for some reason, i expected a little more. And i also have to look at the positive side and know the the "week" is only about half over...3 more days til the next weigh day.

I've been doing very well so far, in terms of not nibbling, etc. I have, however, started to find it a little tiring consuming soooo much water. But i MUST remember what Chunkychicken said in a different post/thread:
The More you Drink, The More You Shrink!

So,
on that note, where did i leave my 2L water bottle??? hmmmm ... ;)

i'm off to frost the cake!
hope everyone is doing well today!
ciao 4 now.

hi dis

i used to get disheartend at little losses
one week i even gained lb :eek:
dont ever let little losses put you off
you can garuntee another week you`ll lose a 5 or 6 lbs

keep up the good work
kaz xx

great to hear you are still going strong with the diet candice.

It must take some serious willpower to not tuck into those yummy cakes.

Well done.

OH my!! when i bake, i just try to picture myself spooning the batter or cookie dough into my mouth, and i pretend someone is in the room with me, watching me! who wants to be seen porking out on uncooked batter?!?!? what a piggy!

so, i just dont touch it. i DO still, however, get food up to my nose and inhale the yummy arome, wether its sweet or savoury. for some odd reason, it seems to help me. makes me feel like i'm "tasting".

:cool:
oh, and i've never ever had willpower before... dont know where this has come from!...but i'm not going to question it incase i jinx it!

hi dis

i used to get disheartend at little losses
one week i even gained lb :eek:
dont ever let little losses put you off
you can garuntee another week you`ll lose a 5 or 6 lbs

keep up the good work
kaz xx

Thank you kaz. ;) i'll have to keep that in mind for when i get low losses and even the gains! ((wow, that surprises me)) i know it has alot to do with the flucuation of the water weight...or as i've ben told by my cdc. only makes sense.

she said she had one client that didnt lose AT ALL in the first week! :eek: can you believe it? well, she convinced the client to stick to it for another week and she lost over a stone in the first week...

and to update the weight loss so far this week, 6 LBS! woot! ((official weigh in is tomorrow, monday . so i'lll know the total fo sho!)) woot.

Funnily enough I am on a roll today with the sparkling water intake.

I usually find it very taxing.

Still water is less pleasant. But I struggle with both.

i think i will try sparkling. when not on the diet, i was known to consume quite a bit of pelagrino and many other sorts of sparkling.

My favourite "water" to drink is Tonic Water. I've always fancied it over most liquids...even as a kid. in fact, my father used to have to take it from the rest of his drink mixers and hide it from me bacause i'd always get to it first...sans gin, of course. ;)

Anyone know if i can have tonic water, slimline?

Hi Candice,

You are doing so fabulously well!!

All you girls are really keeping me motivated....

When is your weigh day ?

Thank you Anne! i have to say that everyone here keeps me motivated....and i am always looking on the Before & After photo thread for new additions...thats the ultimate inspiration, dont ya think?
oh and my weigh in day is monday...ut i have a really bad habit of weighing myself every morning at 5am. why am i up at that awful hour? well, you ask my 9 month old, Fynn, that question! ha! ((luckily, most of the time he will go back to sleep for a couple hours))

looking at your ticker Candice, another 2lb and you are a 1/4 of the way to target!!

That didnt take you long mate. well done

i never thought to look at it that way! and since you posted this, i've lost another 2! wow, its a nice way to think about it, Thanks!

i cant wait to see your ticker move up again on your weigh in day!

its been a nice lazy sunday...i made a chicken roast dinner for the hubby and baby. ((i think it was the first for the baby and of course he enjoyed it, mashed up-style! ha!))

it was a little hard to resist. especially the yorkies with gravy. its ok, i told myself i will have a small one with about a little spoon of gravy AFTER i get to goal... :)
everything in moderation...something i hope to live by after i lose the weight...definitely something i have NEVER been able to do, obviously!

right...so the wedding ring issue...
well, last night the hubby and i took the baby to a huge family do, a silver anniversary party. very nicely done, it was good fun...except that by the time we got there, the only table left was right by the dj and his speakers. poooey! oh well.

when the dj announced the food was ready, i got up and got in line. i brought back two plates...One for the baby dude and one for my father in law. :) i slurpped down a shake right before i went into the event so i was cool with my bottle of water..i didnt fancy cheating just for an egg salad sandwich or a pork pie...eewww or even the huge salmon with the head still on. (that always grosses me out!!)) i usually cover it with a serviette when i pass by it. hahaha

anyways, i was feeding fynn his food and i could immediately tell something was wrong with him. he normally dives into his food...eager to try everything. a family friend was holding him in front of her while i was trying to feed him, and next thing ya know...Blurrrrrrrrrgh..he puked everywhere! over and over again! poor little chap! all over the gal holding him and her clothes... oh wowo what a mess.

well, we left around half ten, got home about midnite because we live miles away...and when i got out of the car, i noticed i my ring was missing!!! somewhere amidst the puking, the loud speakers, the baby being passed around, the humidity in the tent and the crazy rain...I lost my ring.

I DO remmeber at one point thinking it was loose and chalked it up to the weight loss.

im so gutted about it. no one has found it, ive asked the family who are taking down the tent, etc... ahhh here come the tears...

ok i better go for now.

fynn is desperate for a nap i think...

oh and btw, he's better now. i think it was the soy milk i gave him, and the tiredness, and the heat...

hope you all had a nice weekend! despite the weather...

Weigh In Day...

this morning, i stepped on the scales only to find that i'm one pound up! :eek: i'm going to chalk it up to my very limited amount of activity (due to sitting on bum watching diana concert yesterday and not drinking enough water)...Plus...i wont lie...I had a tiny bit of chicken! im not sure how or why that would put a pound back on me, seeing as its protein and i didnt have enough to warrant a whole pound! oh well, fat & water works in mysterious lumpy ways. i'll just have to make an extra effort to get back on track from 98% to 100% today. :)

And if it ever stops raining (!!!) i'll take the bebe out for a lovely long walk!

on another note, i purchased the water flavouring from my cdc last friday and only tried it in my water bottle last night. i think i over did it. blech (at first!) but its very nice. i tasted the powder with my fingertip first and it was like a zingy sour explosion of flavour. ((amazing what your buds will detect after not having much flavour in over 2 weeks!)) anyways, it made me a bit queesy because of the strength of it, and now this morning, im fine and the water just tastes incredbly sweet. must adjust it next time to something a bit more tame.

also, i will have to use it sparingly...like when i neeed something sweeet because it has aspartame/phenylenenenenlyne in it. i steer very very clear of it at all costs usually.

anyways, thats all for now. i'll be browsing thru everyones diaries today, i think. get a little bit of light reading in!
take care and happy monday, if there is ever such a thing!

ciao 4 now

Hey Dis,

You are doing great. Dont worry about the 1lb. Thats the problem when you weigh every day, fluctuations in water retention can make it look like you've gained. when actually a 4lb loss over the week is fab.

Remember its only water (prob caused by you eating the chicken)

Keep going Dis. Another 7lb and you are a third of the way there.

Sam
xx

Thanks sam. I know you're right about the weighing in everyday issue. i really shouldnt seeing as i can sometimes get down about the issue of weight gain...as we all can. so i'll try to either NOT do it every day OR i will try try try to keep the flucuation bit in the back of the brain so that it wont effect me.

On another note, i'm feeling very good today! woot woot! i have mentioned this in anne's diary so anne, ignore this bit! Having baked up a storm last week for the school in the village, i've been asked by several moms if i would do birthday cakes for this over the next few weeks! wahey! im hoping that word-of-mouth will work in my favour for other parents at the school! it will help, the extra cash, seeing as i'm sort of ignoring the issue of going back to work and putting little man fynn in daycare. i'm not quite ready to do that just yet...and not to mention, part of my pseudo-master plan is to drop this weight, enjoy it for a little tiny bit, get that fab xmas party dress (lol), and then work on having bebe #2. ((i dont want another high risk pregnancy PLUS i really want to look like a cute-pregnant woman. know what i mean??? it was embarrassing that the bump wasnt obvious until like 7-8 months! ha!))

annnyyyways! i do hope everyone else is sticking to it 100% today! ((have you lost the nibbles, sam??))

Ciao 4 Now!!

OOppps forgot one thing...one very "feel-good" thing...

while i was sitting with the other moms in playgroup, i was completely surprised when i noticed i had been sitting with my legs crossed in the chair WITHOUT having to hold it up by the knee!!

does anyone know what i'm going on about??
well, either way, it was a great feeling!

wow. its the little things like that, that keep me going on the CD. :p

p.s. one slight downside, with the dieting plus no longer breastfeeding, my boobies are shrinking! :eek: oh well. i'd rather it be that way instead of living with the "obese-me"! sorry if thats tmi!

great news about the orders for the birthday cakes Dis. Once word of mouth spreads about how good they are you will be inundated with orders. It would be great if you could make enough money from that so you dont have to get a job.

The nibbles have gone thank goodness. Have been 100% today. Just had 2nd shake and am working this evening so wont get my 3rd till 10pm, and no opportunity for cheating at work.

I know exactly what you mean about the cute pregnancy thing. You couldnt tell I was pregnant with Zoe till about 7 months.
Glad you are still going strong with the diet.

Dis your baby is such a cutie!

I am so jelous that you bake.... all those cakes for the school... I am useless baking.... I will learn but not till I have reached goal!

It's funny Dis, I can't wait to have smaller boobies! I hate my big boobs!

Keep up the good work Dis!

awww thanks. i adore him completely! he's the main reason i'm dong the CD...i want to be here longer for him and not miss out on things like taking him swimming, horseback riding without feeling like the horse should be riding me! (lol), etc...

Sorry Dis, Im with Anne on the boobies thing. But then mine are a whopping 40G so Ive probably got enough for 3 pairs lol.

Cant wait for mine to start shrinking, although Ive lost 4" of waist already only 1/2" off bust.

and as far as the boob shrinkage issue to both you and anne...i was a 42D while breastfeeding, and then a C normally...why do i get the feeling i'm going to end up with a B?? heheh. its ok i suppose. rather a B cup bra than size 22/24 trousers! anyday!

last night , i was so very very hungry so i had my last meal of the evening...i attempted to stomach the only soup i thought i would enjoy. (tomato) needless to say i was feeling so very ill in the stomach during and afterwards. nausea isnt a nice feeling. so i thought i might need a balance of sweet taste so i drank my water with the berry flavouring. and i could barely drink that because the nausea only worsened. so i went to bed...hungry feeling at its worst so far!

this morning, instead of waking up via the bebe, my growling gurggling tummy woke me!! so i had a sip of water, felt nauseas again, and then made a choc shake. i drank that down, and still felt queesy! and the thought of having more liquids is proving to be very difficult today....

hmmmm...i'm REALLY hoping this is a passing phase!
maybe it will pass before lunch. at least i hope!

on another note, how is everyone doing so far this morning??? fantastic i hope! :)

Hi Dis..... Morning sickness????/? Just thought I'd ask???

It took me a few days to get used to the soups.. and someone said not to make them frothy as it tastes horrid... I do agree as the foam on a soup isn't nice...

I am using the fruti flavouring very sparingly as yesterday it started to make me feel icky... too sweet and I only used a little of the recommended amount.

Try sipping your shakes in stead of downing them? I think my stomach is def shrinking as I have always drunk loads of water and would think nothing in the past of downing a litre of water in one go... I can't do that at all now, even when thirsty as I can feel it backing up!

Anyway hope your tummy settles a bit.... Good luck with today

Good Morning Dis,

Hope the sickness has passed (unless it is morning sickness as Anne suggested lol)

This diet seems to affect people in different ways - some people struggle at the start, some people struggle around day 5/6, some are OK till day 10. So the nausea could just be your body finally adjusting to the diet.

Fingers crossed its nothing serious anyway and hope you are feeling better today.

Sam
x

Back