Nicci's journal

Hello all, I'm still here but major re-furb going on this end. Great because I am occupied, but no so good for keeping up my hello posts.
Well I am still going, the odd bit of plain chicken passing lips very occasionally, but still going otherwise.
Just caught up on everyones posts and I'm rooting for you all. What happened is past now. You've chosen which way you want to go, and thats the hard part! I guess it's a little easier for me as I've done it before and know what to expect.
If you are wondering, I did 5 weeks for a hols to go from 18/20 to size 16 (completed).
When I got back (did not diet on hols at all!!!) straight back to it to go from 16 to size 14 (completed)
Faffed all summer, on for a week, off etc.... Now am back to do the last stint (hope its last!) 14 to size 12 and healthy BMI. At the moment I'm over 3stone lighter than when I started. If i get to goal it will be 5 1/2stone in total.
Here's what I found....
Week 1 always awful, no energy, miss food et...
Week 2 a little easier but still hard,
then as each week progresses it starts to feel normal and do'able. You still get days (or evenings in my case) when you just want to give up but each time you choose whether to fall or keep going. After a feww weeks you'll not fall as easily.....but most do at some point and you either get back on or not!
If you fall off, the weight gain is water aswell so will come off again pretty quickly. One meal in a week is still not 7 days of 2000 cals or more, so you will still loose, but water retention may fool you in believing thats not true, you need to look at that one meal over a months losses etc...
It's a hard diet but it does work, its not for everyone but is the only one for me. Each time I've come off the diet I've eaten as before. I would have maintained if I was carefull but the odd choccy etc... passed my lips lol. In the last 2 months I gained about 7 lbs through not being good at all, also because I knew I was coming back on the cd and what was the point of being saintly till then, silly I know!!!.
This time mainteneance will be adhered to as this is it!
I hope this helps anyone who is still not sure whether to come back or not. As for 'i'll do ww, sw or calorie counting - if it was - I could have done that before and didn't or I've treid it before and just cheated, too slow. If you did stop cd, would you really do those things 100% or would you struggle like with cd, as they are just all diets and its us that has to work out our diet demons, whatever diet. If we fall, we get back up. As long as we keep trying and don't give up we will get there. There is no doubt in that.
Better get painting. We are all human and it happens. Not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Its harder to come back than to give up, I hope you do though. Good luck girls, I'll be here.

Hi Flowey- sounds good that you keeping busy.

Hi and welcome Pebbles, we a friendly bunch here, i taking my weight loss in small segments or i may give up.

Nicci and Jo you will get there i felt like i would have a blip today but i managed to withhold. (JUST) lol

I have managed 3 litres today so i am pleased with myself. I now off for last shake of day as i so hungry.

Paris, I know about the hunger thing! I've been the same today. 3ltrs well done you.
Wonder if nicci and jo will be back?

Hey girlies,

bloody hell flowey that was a bloody long message haha. Did you get my email last/this morning can remember which. Think it was last night. Day 1 or 10 nearly down and cnt wait for monday so it will feel like a fresh third week. Hasnt been hard getting back into cd today except would love a pmax :nono: back from where? i only posted this morning :D.

Do you like our teams name, the skinny minnies haha. Jo's gonna make us a lush banner so we look professional :8855:

On a more disgusting note, i had a poop and ive got a pound off already - only a pound!!! Bit miffed lol.

Well done on the water Paris, ive got stuck into it today and feels good to be hydrated again

How you getting on Jo?

Nicci x

tmi - i not been today yet nicci lol. Glad you managed to get back on track today.

I have friend coming round tomorrow so time will be occupied tomorrow so hopefully can have later lunch shake so less hungry at this time.

i try and concentrate on having my water throughout the day and set myself goals to say i have to have 1.5pints by 12pm etc and then 6ish i will have a choc muffin, then 830ish have porridge or whatever and the later have my last pack of the day. If i have them any earlier i dont think i would get through the nights as they are my picking time. I aim for 6pints of water a day tomake up for making muffin and losing the water in that.

Nicci x

how are the muffins made Nicci i dont know nothing about that.?

you gotta get it into a thick paste with hot (not boiling) water and mix it up, i do it in a cup and pop it in microwave for just under 30 seconds. I make it so its muffiny on the outside with chocolate goo in the middle yum yum. Really does taste nice, might take you a few times to get it right though. My boyfirend sthe best at it- bless him.

i will probably give that a go tomorrow if i get time as does sound good

It really feels like a friday night to me tonight, i have no idea why.

Ive got a bit of a dilemma. With it technically being my first week again and having to get back in ketosis im not allowed bars, which would be fine but..........my bloody cdc is away and so i bought a bar for everyday cos technically if ide stuck to diet ide be allowed one a day now so i dont know what to do because if i have all packs through the day then i will be left with 14 bars to have 2 a day with all next week which isnt allowed because of carb content. My counsillor is the only counsillor where i live but do you suggest i ring a different one and ask if i ca buy a few more shakes to tide me over until my own cdc gets back (is that even allowed). Ive found a site called avidlite and its pretty much the same diet as cambridge except you dont see a counsillor (you order off internet) and its half the price of cambridge too. I could order off that and just get enough shakes to get me to my official weigh in. Really dont want to cheat by having too many carbs with the bars, ive checked nutritional content of avidlite against cambridge and its the same, little less carbs in avidlite but only a couple of grams. any thoughts?

Hi all..Im officialy a member then lol.....avnt a clue how you all are doing smileys...Im terrible with computers....you are all doing just so well and if im a tiny bit like you guys then im gunna do well.
What does ketosis mean????
I had the choc and mint today....oh it was so hard to sit and enjoy and swallow....my throat was shouting "NOOOOOOOO dont do it dont do it"....my belly was shouting "you will be sick like before if you swallow it "and my brain was saying "go on do it and loose weight you silly billy think of those lovely clothes you will be able to get in".
So I swallowed...not as bad as I thought but as I was swallowing it I was thinking mmm bacon butties mmmmm chocolate mmmm it wasnt a nice experience...Iv drank lots of coffee and water about four 500mls...feel so fat and to top it all Iv had work men around here all day putting a new bathroom in and tomorrow a new boiler so no water as its turned off aarrrgghhhh....been out and stocked up...they were eating delicious sandwiches at dinnertime couldnt help but watch and it was like in slow motion....bet they thought I wasnt all there lol....
wanna be thin......I think we are very similar by the sounds of it....its like a roundabout and you get on and then off then back on,it doesnt matter though what does matter is you are back on it and like Flowey says its harder to come back than walk away so give yourself a whopping pat on the back for that and you must have more determination than you think you have so well done....right Im off now for the evening and I wonder what tomorrow will bring...the muffin sounds good is that done with the shake in the sachet....cor I sound so silly but I just want to get it right....xxxx

pebbles- Ketosis is what stage your body enters after a few days of not eating anything, and your body taking from your fat stores,

My ketostix today was defo in ketosis so i sure i was in it yesterday just need energy surge to appear.

Nicci i reckon your body would hit ketosis sooner than first time as the week before i started i had cut down on meals, and it only took me til day2 to be in ketosis so, maybe start bars day after tomorrow would possibly be ok.

IGNORE THIS POST WRONG CODE ENTERED LOL

Last edited:

yay we have a gorgeous name title lol how do i attach it to mine hun??

Pebbles- the smileys are on the right hand side when you are writing a post you just click on the picture of the smiley you want. Im a bit of a techno retard aswell- my boyfriend sorts out most of the comp stuff for me.

Nicci x

hiya hun. im 11.11 and really want to lose weigh for he 28th november which is my 23rd birthday too! im going t egypt next sunday for a week but as soon as i get bk im cracking down with the shakes! feel free to email me as r weight and target date is v.similar so maybe we could help each other. Its [email protected]. good luck! x

Hi Hannah hun,

ive sent you an email with my address etc. Welcome to the forum, theres loads of support here so youve come to the right place. Wish i was going to egypt, this diets got me skint haha. I know we can get to goal for our birthdays (if ide stop messing about that is).

Nicci x

hannah i copied and pasted what your email address said onto my email but its sadi delivery failure, i dont want to say what the address is for obvious reasons so you might wanna check what you wrote :D

Nicci x

Back