Nice curry sauce

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Been craving curry and my wife makes fantastic healthy curries, but till now we've been unable to make a slim and save one, due to us usually using chick peas and passata. Thanks to lucysera, who suggested using quark to fill out the sauce, my wife spent 3 hours perfecting one, which I've just finished and thoroughly enjoyed.

It's quite green but when you see the ingredients, you'll see why.

The below makes 5 portions.

Weigh out 500g of veg, consisting of the following:

2 green peppers
5 shallots
3 spring onion
2 green chillis
5" leeks
2 handfuls spinach

Soften the veg (except the spinach) in a wok, with some water and spices (my wife used; garlic granules, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, garam masala & aesefotida) and 1 heaped tsp of boullion powder.

whizz the contents with a hand blender until smooth. Add spices to taste.

Simmer on a low heat, then slowly add 50g quark. Roughly chop + add the spinach until wilted.

Boil extra veg (I used mostly brocolli, asparagus and courgette but you could use any SS friendly veg - cauli would be good) 100g of it should do, and add to the sauce to make it a curry rather than a sauce.

I then dry fried some diced turkey breast in spices (well just paprika) and poured the sauce over the top.

Around 260 calories and used up my veg and protein allowance for the day. I am very satisfied.

Next week, we may try to make a chinese version of this.

2012-08-14180846.jpg

It looks the business Andy. Any chance you could ask your good lady what quantity of each spice she uses as we are fond of our spices in this house, and I'd like to try your version first before tweeking it.

Many thanks,

Conor

Hi Conor, when it comes to spices, we love them and tend to really go for it. Afraid the mrs has only been able to say "some" and "lots"! To be honest it's how I cook too.

Is it for a slim and save friendly meal? It only just makes enough sauce for 4 portions. If it was non slim and save, she makes one of the nicest sauces I've ever had.

Back