.Nicki. - time flies.

aw im so sorry you've had to stop listening, but its best if they are giving you bad nightmares, mine have stopped and im sleeping alot better. have you spoken to them about it? the slimpod people? x

no i downloaded it so didn't get a case but i didn't read it anywhere, not that i really looked tbh. Might be the reason though,
Amy i spoke to them and they said try listening during the day, but its not made much difference.

i didnt know that, but i have to say i have been on medication for depression and anxiety for 8 years and since listening to the slimpod ive not had any anxiety attacks, and i am off my medication. I guess they have to put that warning incase something happens like with nicki. x

i didnt know that, but i have to say i have been on medication for depression and anxiety for 8 years and since listening to the slimpod ive not had any anxiety attacks, and i am off my medication. I guess they have to put that warning incase something happens like with nicki. x

oh absolutely. I'm not saying nobody should listen if suffered etc, just happened to notice the little notice on the case.

it says

Warning : Do not listen to this CD while driving or operating machinery or if you suffer from epilepsy, clinical depression or any other nervous or psychiatric condition. If in doubt consult your doctor.

It may not be related at all Nicki only mentioned it as remember reading it earlier xxxxxxxxx

Hey everyone,
How are we all? Sorry i disappeared early last night, went to bed as it was my first day back at work today, back to 8hr shifts rather then 10.5, doesn't sound much on paper but it really does make a difference and i had a pretty good day too, got a wicked headache though. My coke (cola) habit reappeared today, always knew i'd struggle at work but it was only one bottle so a lot less then usual.
As for the diet, having spoken to hubby and dawn, i'm almost certainly going to try cambridge diet. I no vlcd aren't for everyone but i'm having issues with myself and food at the moment and it might do me some good not to have to think about it too much. I also no that sw would prob be a better option and if i had 5 or 6 stone i would chose it but i have another person to lose, an overweight one at that and its not something i think i can cope with for another year. Its going to be hell for the first few days but its not forever and if i'm successful i could be almost at target by summer, i could be happy by summer.

Evening bestie x

I'm glad you're starting to get a bit of a plan together hunni x

As you know, I'm not a big fan of vlcd's, and I AM a big fan of sw, but I can see your reasoning behind trying Cambridge. You have to do what you and lovely hubbs think is best for you x. If you can lose a couple of stones quite quickly, I'm sure it would do wonders for your confidence :) and perhaps you could then slip back into sw if you wanted to xx

Keep positive hunni, lots of luv as always x

Evening bestie x

I'm glad you're starting to get a bit of a plan together hunni x

As you know, I'm not a big fan of vlcd's, and I AM a big fan of sw, but I can see your reasoning behind trying Cambridge. You have to do what you and lovely hubbs think is best for you x. If you can lose a couple of stones quite quickly, I'm sure it would do wonders for your confidence :) and perhaps you could then slip back into sw if you wanted to xx

Keep positive hunni, lots of luv as always x

Thanks Bestie,
To be honest i think i will end up back on sw at some point but a the moment i'm going to aim to get to christmas on cambridge and then see how i feel. If i've completely had enough and lost some poundage i'll rejoin in the new year, if i'm ok without and think i can go another month or 2 i will. I just want to be happy nicki or preferably knocked up happy nicki, not fake happy nicki which is what i feel like i am.

.Nicki. said:
Thanks Bestie,
To be honest i think i will end up back on sw at some point but a the moment i'm going to aim to get to christmas on cambridge and then see how i feel. If i've completely had enough and lost some poundage i'll rejoin in the new year, if i'm ok without and think i can go another month or 2 i will. I just want to be happy nicki or preferably knocked up happy nicki, not fake happy nicki which is what i feel like i am.

I'm really proud of you bestie x

You've been through so much...but when something doesn't go right for you, you look for an alternative. You don't just give up. Takes a lot of guts to do that sweetie x I think lots of women could learn from you xx

Here's to a new start for you bestie xxx

good luck with cambridge! Ive never tried it as Im not allowed to do vlcd because of my health, ketosis with only 1 (not great) kidney wouldnt be a good thing!! But i wish you all the best with it, i know you can do whatever you put your mind too xxx

Thanks guys, i don't know what i'd do without your support, i really don't.
I've decided to start Monday, although i'm seeing the Lady tomorrow after work. I was going to start Saturday but my in laws have paid for us to go watch Phantom of the Opera at the vue cinema (screening the live show from the Albert hall) and take us to dinner and i'd rather not discuss the diet with them and being in the cinema with all the lovely smells will be very hard so its just easier to start on the Monday. Very excited about the show, we saw the show on our honeymoon but from the managers box due to my lard arse not fitting in the tiny seats, so will good to see it head on.
So i'm trying to get as prepared as possible for the diet because i want to give it the best shot, i'm going to get a mini fridge for the kitchen so i can keep my water, tetras, etc without a battle of seeing all hubbs yummy food and drink in the big fridge, i'll just need to go into the freezer for ice. I've unlinked all my food shows because thats really not going to help during the first few days. I'm worried i'll give up, that i won't be able to manage, that my dr won't sign the form but i have to try.

Hi bestie x

Well done on getting all prepared for your new diet sweetie x Planning is key to any diet, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things x

Have a lovely night out at the "opera" and good luck for Monday xx

Lots of love x

.Nicki.'s new world of CD - Day 1 :(

:wavey: I've started so many diaries in minis that i no longer know how to start one but this is something very new to me and I think I will defiantly need the support of fellow Cambridge dieters. :read:

I don't think i 'know' anyone in this section :sign0144: so I best put a little about me. I am a notorious diet hopper this year alone I've been on slimming world, weight watchers, calorie counting, slim fast, celebrity slim, thinking slimmer I'm sure there are more. I usually lose a stone or 2 and then something in life happens and i crumble or i can't see or feel anything changing with myself and get disheartened. I suffer with depression and anxiety and this year has been pretty terrible (can't wait for it to be over) which had made dieting near impossible at times :break_diet: Think I've got to a point of desperation, I don't want to live like this anymore, I don't want to spend another year miserable and I've got to fix it because no one else is going to do it.

So this is the beginning of my Cambridge Diet journey, I met my CDC and she was lovely, I was so worried about meeting her, I was seriously thinking about not going but I'm very glad I did. She seems extremely supportive too which I think is going to be very important. I'm doing 810 plan because of my BMI, but she let me take my shakes as I have a drs appointment Tuesday and I've already spoken to him about different diets so hopefully won't have a problem getting my form signed. I've bought a wine fridge :eatdrink051: to go in the kitchen to store my water/ready mades/milk in, so I don't have to go into the main fridge and see all hubbys food, so going to get that tomorrow and some more water filters. I'm not going to start until Monday as we're being taken out by the in laws on Sunday and they want to take us to dinner after and it will be easier to delay it a couple of days then explain I'm not eating/try and resist not eating on the hardest day. I'm off work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as well so I will at least be at home for the bad times. My cdc said that i didn't have to worry about veggies on 810 because I don't like them and to just have protein to boost calories to 810 so i will probably be having milk throughout the day rather then eating. So when/if I hit a plateau or want to drop to SS I have something to give up and i love drinking milk! :7834:

Ok so there is my epic first diary post, sorry if it's a bit dull :zz: but being fat keeps me from anything exciting so hopefully the more success I have, the more interesting it will become :rotflmao:

Hi Nicki, just wanted to say good luck with CD, just wondered if you might find it helpful to also listen to the slimpod at the same time, as I have been told it can help when on a diet, something to think about. It might help with getting the water down you xx

Back