.Nicki. - time flies.

Thanks hun, yeah I'm going to listen for a few days just to get me past the first few days, I'm off work so hopefully the nightmares won't have too much of an effect.

I was on Cambridge and lost 5 stones. Take it a day at a time and be focused. If you can't get your form signed consider Exante.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Well I think I am officially ready to start! I've been out today and got a supply of brita water filters, a flask for milk, cup and water bottle for work. Work are pretty strict about drinks, they have to be in certain cups/bottles but theirs are see through and i don't want people asking questions if i'm drinking milk/shakes so i bought proper thermos ones, collected the fridge too so that is all set up with everything chilling. I also got a note book, was going to do a diary type thing but as I have a blog and minis diary it seemed a bit pointless.

Don't think i've ever looked forward to not eating.

im subscrbed too :) x

Hi Nicki :wavey: Just been catching up with your diary. Around this time of year I can get quite down thinking omg I can't face another bloody year so flippin fat (or something not as polite);).

I am hoping the slimpod will help me to think differently this year. good luck with CD, have you done it before?

Good luck. I read something not long ago saying you haven't failed till you stop trying. Thought that was quite good and am keeping it in mind.

.Nicki. said:
:wavey: I've started so many diaries in minis that i no longer know how to start one but this is something very new to me and I think I will defiantly need the support of fellow Cambridge dieters. :read:

I don't think i 'know' anyone in this section :sign0144: so I best put a little about me. I am a notorious diet hopper this year alone I've been on slimming world, weight watchers, calorie counting, slim fast, celebrity slim, thinking slimmer I'm sure there are more. I usually lose a stone or 2 and then something in life happens and i crumble or i can't see or feel anything changing with myself and get disheartened. I suffer with depression and anxiety and this year has been pretty terrible (can't wait for it to be over) which had made dieting near impossible at times :break_diet: Think I've got to a point of desperation, I don't want to live like this anymore, I don't want to spend another year miserable and I've got to fix it because no one else is going to do it.

So this is the beginning of my Cambridge Diet journey, I met my CDC and she was lovely, I was so worried about meeting her, I was seriously thinking about not going but I'm very glad I did. She seems extremely supportive too which I think is going to be very important. I'm doing 810 plan because of my BMI, but she let me take my shakes as I have a drs appointment Tuesday and I've already spoken to him about different diets so hopefully won't have a problem getting my form signed. I've bought a wine fridge :eatdrink051: to go in the kitchen to store my water/ready mades/milk in, so I don't have to go into the main fridge and see all hubbys food, so going to get that tomorrow and some more water filters. I'm not going to start until Monday as we're being taken out by the in laws on Sunday and they want to take us to dinner after and it will be easier to delay it a couple of days then explain I'm not eating/try and resist not eating on the hardest day. I'm off work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as well so I will at least be at home for the bad times. My cdc said that i didn't have to worry about veggies on 810 because I don't like them and to just have protein to boost calories to 810 so i will probably be having milk throughout the day rather then eating. So when/if I hit a plateau or want to drop to SS I have something to give up and i love drinking milk! :7834:

Ok so there is my epic first diary post, sorry if it's a bit dull :zz: but being fat keeps me from anything exciting so hopefully the more success I have, the more interesting it will become :rotflmao:

Good luck Nicki,
I did the same I took first couple of days off work and I'm now on day 5 of SS. Got through the worst now! Look forward to hearing how you get on x GMC2011

subscribed. you cant get rid of me lol

:bighug:

I was on Cambridge and lost 5 stones. Take it a day at a time and be focused. If you can't get your form signed consider Exante.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Thanks Irene, Exante is defo plan b. I'm trying to gather lots of things for the first few days to distract myself. I've worked out i've got to lose 60lbs just to be able to do ss but rather then lose heart i'm using that as my first goal.
xx

im subscrbed too :) x

:bighug:

Hi Nicki :wavey: Just been catching up with your diary. Around this time of year I can get quite down thinking omg I can't face another bloody year so flippin fat (or something not as polite);).

I am hoping the slimpod will help me to think differently this year. good luck with CD, have you done it before?

I have tried it about 6 years ago and didn't get past the 3 day mark but to be honest I don't think my heart was in it and i didn't want to go to the dr to get my form signed so i just gave up. I am going to start listening to the slimpods tonight because they did help me not drink coke or want junk so hopefully it'll be the edge i need to get over the first few days. I've already told myself that even if i don't like the shakes, i will force them down! Good luck with slimpods x

Organisation, I'm told, is key!

SDC11283-1.jpg

Here is my attempt! My little corner of the kitchen known as Diet Central. Mini fridge so I can avoid the one with food in, Flask to keep my milk cold at work, cup to hide the shakes at work, baby water bottle as I hate warm water so can drink it quick and refill, Smoothie maker for shakes, there are some straws too.

SDC11284-1.jpg

This is my CD motivation bible, It has all my targets, aims, reasons, results and it will have photos and bits in too, hoping this will be enough to get me through any hard times. I'm also getting some 'fat pictures' printed to stick in the kitchen.

So I think I'm ready to go!

Day one is hard but I think that is more down to this stinking cold I've woken up with, its getting worse as the day progresses but I refuse to put of starting! In a way i guess it helps because its hard to tell what is the illness and which are side effects.
I've already had 2 litres of water and my morning shake, not feeling very hungry so will put of next shake as long as possible. I've just written a list of 100 reasons why I want/need to lose weight, I'm going to print it and stick it everywhere. Also worked out my targets, first target is the biggest 60lbs and will take me down to obese 2 and allowed to do ss. I'm kinda hoping I could get the by new year but then realised that It's November tomorrow, not really sure where this year has gone.

Well I asked the lovely mods to merge my CD diary with this one, as I was feeling a little lonely over there and believe me, I need all the support I can get.

I'm defiantly ill, through out the day I've got more bunged up, more snotty, my head feels like it's in a vice and my glands have swollen. I'm upset that I can't go see my cousins baby and I'm worried she thinks I'm avoiding her because of everything that happens this year. I text her explaining everything and I think she appreciated me saying I wasn't going rather then her having to say please don't come round sick, I've that makes sense. Give me a few days to finish the present, couldn't do any today as I've got such a headache.

Diet wise I'm fine, found it liberating to empty the fridge this morning, even binned a half eaten bag of sweets, go me! Found the second shake a little hard to stomach but I got it down and I've last longer then the last time I tried a VLCD. Already drank my 2 ltrs of water and most of my milk so I feel like I slosh when I move but hopefully I'll get used to that. Think the big test will be when hubby gets home and makes tea, I think i'll go upstairs for that, no point making it harder then it need be.

hey Nicki
In haste but wanted to pop in and say Hi and well done sweetie so proud of you, so organised and determined :D well done! xxxxxxx

Thank you, I appreciate the support, its needed!

So day 2 is apparently the hardest, the day to avoid the kitchen at all costs (unless make shakes) So where am I now? sat on my kitchen floor watching the washing machine which contains a blanket maisie insists on weeing on! Oh the reason i'm watching the machine is because we think it's leaking, not because i've finally lost it. So i have to be ready to stop it if it is leaking, luckily it's on the 30min fast wash because hubby's skips are looking at me. I do have maisie running around and over me like a loon and my laptop so i am, for the moment distracted. Bella is sulking because her favourite toy appeared in Maisies cage this morning wee soaked and eaten, she was not amused.
I have my taste back this morning and rather enjoyed my mint choc shake for breakfast, I am getting a bit of a headache though! I have my doctors appointment today, will be the first time I've seen him since he signed me off at the end of Sept and I hope he sees that I'm trying to take positive steps rather then become a recluse again. I have to get him to sign a form for my cdc to continue the diet so hopefully he'll sign it.
Having really odd dreams again, Sunday night I dreamt my teeth were falling out, which is apparently a fear of change or a lifestyle change (the direct quote is in my blog) and last night i dreamt i cheated on my diet and on hubby, which was really odd, haven't looked that up yet. Speaking of blogs, I have put my before pictures on it, under the 'photo diary' tab, so if anyone is curious about how big i really am, have a look. I must say I was surprised and quite upset but I just thought know point dwelling on it, that's me and I'm going to do my best to change that. So I've ordered some prints (50 free prints, thank you) of all my pictures and I'm going to put them in my kitchen, to remind myself what I actually look like because I must admit I didn't think I was THAT big in front, well that's what living in a house with 1 little mirror does to you.

Back