Nickys final countdown (pics contain a health warning!)

snuggle69

Silver Member
Well I am on the final stages I hope of what has been a very hard slog to lose weight. My journey started at 19 stone 12lbs.
32013-albums2416-picture14630.jpg

I have always hated having my photo taken so that is a rare one of me...how awful, this made me decide that it was time to do something to change my life! I have acute asthma which was definatly being made worse by my size, and I was unable to do the normal things mums do with their children, I have 4 wonderful kids who have helped me every step of the way.

For the first 3 years I went it alone following 1000 calories a day it was a tough slog but gradually the weight came off.

This pic was taken in December 2009 I am on the left!

32013-albums2416-picture14631.jpg

My weight loss had started to slow down and I was struggling, I carried on alone until the end of Feb 2010 which is when this pic was taken

32013-albums2416-picture14632.jpg

I then joined slimming world, which is probably one of the best things I have ever done, I really didnt expect it to work considering for the past 3 years I have only had 1000 calories a day...but it does!

Since joining in March I have lost a further 15lbs so my weight is currently sitting at 11 stone 4lbs, a total loss to date of 8 stone 8lbs. Ideally I would like to get to around 10 stone so I am now on the last stone...which may well take a while. Will try to keep this updated with all the ups and no doubt downs!

I just hope these awful pics show others it is possible, if I can do it anyone can!

Last edited:
wow :) im amazed :) I cant wait til i am a normal weight :) you've just made me excited ...

and wow hope you dont take this in a bad way but you havn't just lost weight you look years younger!!!

Thanks Gemma, I wish that I could see myself as a normal weight now, but it seems from others posts as well it takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body!

As for the age, thanks for saying I look younger I must admit to feeling years younger and have far more energy now just as well with a house of 3 teenagers and a 21 year old!!

Thanks Gemma, I wish that I could see myself as a normal weight now, but it seems from others posts as well it takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body!

As for the age, thanks for saying I look younger I must admit to feeling years younger and have far more energy now just as well with a house of 3 teenagers and a 21 year old!!

you really don't look like the same person! you've done fantastic esp 3 years alone that can't had been easy! brilliant will power!

Its funny as I can walk down the street and anyone that hasnt seen me for a couple of years walks straight past me.

lol.... You can imagine them thinking 'I know her, no can't be, is it, ooooo' lol....

i remember my old school friend adding me on facebook, she was huge in school she had to leave in year 10 due to health reasons due to weight.. and when she added me shes pobably around about size 10!! maybe slimmer! she went to quote 'fat camp' and lost and still goes every few months keep her aboard but just to help out now .. if she can do it and look like that then I can do it! ....

Just took the dogs out for a walk 1.5 hours later we are home the dogs are crashed out on the floor and I'm now shattered on the sofa, who said this weight loss lark was easy

Wow - you are like my slimming twin!! I started at 19.13 and want to get to 10 stone. I am currently at about 13 stone. I am joining SW on wednesday to help me with the lady leg of my journey. Well done for going it alone!! That must have taken some amazing will power. You definately deserve some sort of OBE or something !!!

Im sure you will be fine doing the last leg of your journey on slimming world, I have never had so much food in my life and still lost weight! Plus it helps you change your eating lifestyle. Good luck on the last leg of your journey x

Snugs - fab post - totally motivational, and shows that people who do other diets and then join SW have made one of the best decisions ever (as SW helps long term to maintain and lose weight)

Lots of love gorgeous girl - i think you are a star xxx

Thanks Ellebear thats really sweet x

I honestly believe that for anyone with a large amount of weight to lose slimming world is perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone over the low calorie options, these made me scared of food, which has meant I have had to learn to trust the Slimming world plan that I will lose weight, gradually I am losing my hang ups, and this week even managed to eat a bit of chocolate as some of my syns without breaking out in a panic because I wasnt meant to have it!

you look amazing.

Thanks, I do need to do some now pics as I have changed again....but I still hate the camera

Back