Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

x-Nicky-x said:
Oh dear, day 1 and I've failed already! I tried to eat my veg soup but it was awful so I opted for a boiled egg instead. I'm trying to persuade myself that it's not really cheating but I'm not really convincing myself! Has anyone else really hated the food packs and still got through this??? I'm not feeling too hopeful :(

I can't beleive that I've fallen at the first hurdle......:(

Aw Nicky bless ya. I was on lipotrim first so exante packs are well yummy to me. I only have shakes tho.
Might be worth adding the allowed things to them see if it makes it better.
I'm sure you'll get used to them try see them as medicine rather than food babe.
Hope it gets better for you.

Oh and you've in noway failed xx

Thanks Clair, here's to day 2! lol x

Keep strong babe it really does get easier. You have no way failed as Clair said. Lots of people on here have something out of the allowed foods list as they are getting back into ketosis and if it works for you then you go for it. I know I wouldn't be strong enough but sounds like you can for sticking at just an egg. Don't beat yourself up honey as no reason to. You got through day one so here's to a great day 2. You may feel the cold today and maybe get headaches and maybe even a nasty taste in your mouth- that's all normal chick and means you're closer to getting there. Good luck and keep strong xx

Keep strong babe it really does get easier. You have no way failed as Clair said. Lots of people on here have something out of the allowed foods list as they are getting back into ketosis and if it works for you then you go for it. I know I wouldn't be strong enough but sounds like you can for sticking at just an egg. Don't beat yourself up honey as no reason to. You got through day one so here's to a great day 2. You may feel the cold today and maybe get headaches and maybe even a nasty taste in your mouth- that's all normal chick and means you're closer to getting there. Good luck and keep strong xx

Thanks! I'm feeling much better today as I'm back at work and am really busy, it's amazing how well distraction works!! :D

I'm feeling a bit light headed but not half as bad as yesterday which is promising! Saying that it's only 11:15am! There's still time for it to go wrong! xxx ;)

Ok, so day 2 is going well so far.... I had a chocolate shake this morning which was much nicer than the other food packs I have tried. I'm thinking I might order shakes and just have those as I'm not keen on the soups and bars. I'm feeling a bit light headed but overall, pretty good. It's amazing how I haven't been hungry, I think it's more about the change in routine which is going to be the hardest.

Being back at work has made a massive difference rather than being at Uni in a hot stuffy room like yesterday. On reflection, it probably wasn't the best day to start but I think if I can get through that I'm going to fly..... (maybe!) :)

Thanks for everyone's support, I feel stupid that I nearly had a meltdown on day 1 but am feeling much more motivated and in the zone today! Fingers crossed I stay this way!

Does anyone know if there's anywhere we can swap foodpacks as I've read how lots of people like the bars and soups so think it's down to personal taste. It seems a shame for to waste them and was thinking I might put them on ebay if there's no arena for us to swap etc! Any advice welcome xx

Day 2 - Part 2!

I've had a really good day today, have felt much better than yesterday.

My OH is just cooking his dinner now though and the smell is making me drool so rather than give in, I decided to distract myself by posting on my diary. :)

I've just forced myself to have a tomato soup which has confirmed that the soups really aren't for me. Ebay here they come!

Day 2 100% (Not including the boiled egg!) :D

Well done on day 2 Nicky xxx

Thank you! x :D

Day 3 - Part 1!

I have woken up feeling even better than yesterday. I thought I was going to have to tolerate feeling crappy for the next few months so am pleasantly surprised that I am already feeling quite energetic and 'normal'. I am finding it quite liberating to be in control and although I have been hungry, I have used a photo taken of myself at Christmas to spur me on! :D:D

I am also becoming very addicted to this website and almost using it as a substitute to food which is a little worrying! :eek: (What ever works hey!)

I have read everywhere that day 4 is the day that ketosis kicks in but I woke at 4:45am this morning and feel like I have loads of energy so am thinking I might have got there already? Is that possible at the beginning of day 3??

Anyway, I had a vanilla shake, hot with coffee for breakfast and I've got to say I was very impressed. To say that I nearly had a panic attack when I tried my first pack on Monday as I hated them, I am gradually starting to come round. Seeing them as my medication has really helped me plus the longer it is since I've had food (get me not even 3 days yet!! lol) The less disgusting they taste if that makes any sense??

I have also told EVERYONE that I am on this diet as I am less likely to fail if people know as I won't be able to stand the shame and embarrassment of eating in front of any of them! I hope it wasn't a very silly move...! Anyway, best get on with some work, wish me luck for the day, I might well need it! :D:D:D

Thats great you are feeling much better about it all! I think it just depends on the individual on how quick you get into ketosis, so yes you may already be there. Good luck for today :) xx

Morning Nicky

You sound so positive Hun :)

Yeh u can go into ketosis on day 3. I did :)
It's all a mental battle from here :) xxx

I'm feeling surprisingly positive (in comparison to my near breakdown on Monday!! lol) How are you feeling Clair? Good I hope :D

Fingers crossed I can get through the next couple of weeks, I have some planned events coming up so am debating on whether to go on working solution for this week to cover them all rather than jumping between TS and WS as think that will make me feel ill. Has anyone else done this or do you all think it will be really damaging to any weight I loos up until that point? (It's from 5th May - 15th May as I have a work meal, a hen night and a wedding!)

After these 3 things are out of the way, I am fully committed to the TS for the following 3 months! eek! :eek:

I initally was going to start this diet after these things but thought I was just being avoidant so started early.

I have also told EVERYONE that I am on this diet as I am less likely to fail if people know as I won't be able to stand the shame and embarrassment of eating in front of any of them! I hope it wasn't a very silly move...! Anyway, best get on with some work, wish me luck for the day, I might well need it! :D:D:D

Good luck! I think it's great that you've told everyone and with your positive attitude I think you are bound to succeed! :)

Good luck! I think it's great that you've told everyone and with your positive attitude I think you are bound to succeed! :)

Thanks my goodnessme! I'm hoping so but I'm only on day 3!! I'm only at the beginning of the journey! :eek: xx

Day 3 - Part 2!

The positiveity has gone, I feel rubbish! I'm having a mini sulk whilst my OH eats his dinner. I was sooo close to stealing some but instead I have come on here to have little rant.

The mood swings on this diet are insane! I'm not usually like this!

My OH has just told me that I have 'got the food grumps!!!' I wish he was doing this diet so he actually understood that this is more than hunger, it's mental torture! And 'food grumps'!!!! What does he think I am?? A 2 year old! :grumble:

Anyway, moving on to more positive thinking..... I'm nearly at the end of day 3 - 100%!!! (excluding the boilded egg on day 1!) Beneath all of the hunger, mood swings and longing to chew something, I feel quite proud of myself! I just need to keep reminding myself! :D

Hope everyone else is having a good day!! xxx

You are doing great Nicky you are not the only one who is getting the mood swings lol, I am terrible. Its all worth it though! Keep it up, you will probably start to feel better from tomorrow xx

You are doing great Nicky you are not the only one who is getting the mood swings lol, I am terrible. Its all worth it though! Keep it up, you will probably start to feel better from tomorrow xx

Thanks Chazz!

I think it's the evening which are worst. I am fine when I'm busy at work! I can also handle watching people eat salad and sandwiches but smelling my OH's dinner is really hard!!!

Fingers crossed I will start to find the evenings a bit easier as they are killing me at the moment!! :D

I might have a sneaky peak at the scales to try and get some motivation, though that could go seriously wrong if I don't like what they say lol!!!!

I think you will be pleasently surprised. Evenings are harder, im busier through day than night so it might just be that i have more time to think about food. wont get on this til tomorrow night so hope you have a good day and feel better then xx

Back