Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

Thanks Chazz, I'm starting to get over myself again now!! lol.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow! Speak soon xx

Day 4.

Hi everyone!

After my little wobble last night I am feeling much better! I'm dreading this evening as I seem to find them the hardest but I am going to have to learn to live with them if I want to loose this weight!

I had a big meeting at work today where lots of people brought in biscuits and chocolate. I really surprised myself as I just didn't want one!! How insane is that?!

I had a vanilla shake for my breakfast as a latte with coffee in (Yum!) and then a chocolate shake for lunch. I've got to say that I'm enjoying the shakes so much more than the bars and soups so ordered myself some more shakes this morning. Knowing that I am not going to force myself to eat the things I hate has made me feel much less anxious about the diet. I think we are all putting ourselves through enough without making it harder for ourselves!

I am finding the mood swings ridiculous at the moment, I can go from being happy, motivated and in the zone at one point and then within an hour I can be an angry, short tempered wreck! I hope that stables out or I might be single by the time I've finished!! :)

I think this weather is helping me as I feel uncomfortable in the heat. I keep thinking to myself 'if you don't carry on you will carry on looking and feeling crappy all Summer!!'

I was VERY naughty this morning and decided to weigh myself... and guess what.... drum roll..... I've lost 7lbs already! :D:bliss::D

I wish I hadn't looked now but I couldn't resist!

I hope that everyone else has had a good day!!!! :):D:)

Busy lol, but good not had time to think about eating so cant complain! just going to get something just now. Thats fantastic news about your weight loss it will really spur you on xx

Oh dear, I fell off the wagon......... I had a smoked macrel salad. :(

Can't believe I've allowed myself to feel like crap for the last 4 days to throw it all away! Oh well, tomorrow's another day....:sigh:

Aw surely that wont be that bad! Dont beat yourself up! Just get right back into it tomorrow and im sure your weight loss for this week will still be fine xx

Thanks Chazz, I hope not, I just felt really light headed and had a seriously weak moment. I actually convinced myself that it was a good idea and that I would use it as ws day but now feel really guilty.

It's insane that I feel so awful that I ate a salad! lol! This diet messes with your head!! xx

It's insane that I feel so awful that I ate a salad! lol! This diet messes with your head!! xx

:rolleyes: I know! I feel more guilty having a lump of cheese at the moment than I used to when I'd eaten 2 giant bars of chocolate in a row! A mackeral salad's got to be low in carbs so I bet you've done no real damage. Tomorrow's another day :)

:rolleyes: I know! I feel more guilty having a lump of cheese at the moment than I used to when I'd eaten 2 giant bars of chocolate in a row! A mackeral salad's got to be low in carbs so I bet you've done no real damage. Tomorrow's another day :)

LOL! I was thinking that! I've hardly been an angel with my food choices in the past (hence the fact I am currently starving myself on this diet lol!) It's a shame this guilt is a delayed reaction...

Unfortunately the guilt didn't stop me having 6 of my OH's chips (which I actually counted as I ate!?) and a cheese string! (I don't even like cheese strings :confused:) Oh the shame! I'm such an idiot!! :sigh:

Tomorrow.. TS 100% - no cheating! I really hope that I have not completely ruined it for my WI - I might leave it till next Thursday till my 1st offical WI. Is that cheating?? lol xx

Fingers crossed I can get through the next couple of weeks, I have some planned events coming up so am debating on whether to go on working solution for this week to cover them all rather than jumping between TS and WS as think that will make me feel ill. Has anyone else done this or do you all think it will be really damaging to any weight I loos up until that point? (It's from 5th May - 15th May as I have a work meal, a hen night and a wedding!)

Depending on what shift I am, I go between WS and TS. If I am working an evening shift I do WS.. and the rest of the time I try TS. I have been out a couple of times, and done WS for those days too.

Oh dear, I fell off the wagon......... I had a smoked macrel salad. :(

Can't believe I've allowed myself to feel like crap for the last 4 days to throw it all away! Oh well, tomorrow's another day....:sigh:

Its not the worst thing in the world to eat Nicky...
And yes... straight back on that wagon tomorrow!!

Marge
:)

I've had mackerel salad loads honey when having a 'food' night and hasn't knocked me out of ketosis or affected weight loss so try not to worry too much. Perhaps have some protein rich snacks in your house for times when you really need something- I find this really helps and I don't tend to eat them just because they are there!! Take care xx

fantastics,5 days on the diet , how are you holding on? i am starting on monday, quite scared aready. hehe. i am sure it will be fine. i hope:D.

Depending on what shift I am, I go between WS and TS. If I am working an evening shift I do WS.. and the rest of the time I try TS. I have been out a couple of times, and done WS for those days too.

Its not the worst thing in the world to eat Nicky...
And yes... straight back on that wagon tomorrow!!

Marge

Thanks Marge, that makes me feel better! lol. I am back in the zone today and weighed myself this morning and it hasn't changed so fingers crossed I haven't done too much damage... :):)

Last edited:
I've had mackerel salad loads honey when having a 'food' night and hasn't knocked me out of ketosis or affected weight loss so try not to worry too much. Perhaps have some protein rich snacks in your house for times when you really need something- I find this really helps and I don't tend to eat them just because they are there!! Take care xx

That's a good idea, I think half the battle is me telling myself I can't have anything so having some sensible choices in case I crack would be good.

On reflection I am quite pleased with the makeral salad as I actually went to tescos to buy it and could have made some much worse choices whilst in my there..... the chips and cheese string are a different matter...... Anyway, I'm drawing a line under that
___________________________ :D:D

fantastics,5 days on the diet , how are you holding on? i am starting on monday, quite scared aready. hehe. i am sure it will be fine. i hope:D.

I'm not sure last night classes as 'holding on' but today is another day!! :D

Make sure you use this website, it's been a godsend to me!

I never thought that this kind of diet would work for me and although I've had a blip, I have found it really useful to take away food rather than battle with food choices like on other diets. I found day 1 (and 4 hee hee!!) to be the hardest, make sure you drink plently of water and distract yourself when others are eating around you. The biggest battle is in your head....!!

Good luck with your diet, make sure you stay in touch and we can keep each other motivated! You'll do great xx :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

After my minor slip up last night, I am back on track! lol :)

I have had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast which was yummy! I'm going to try to leave my second shake till 4pm and then have my last at 7:30pm as the evenings are my hardest time of day.

I have decided that I am not going to cheat - Monday will be my 1st official WI and if I've ruined it because of last night then it will hopefully teach me a lesson!!!! :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely bank holiday! :D

Hi everyone,

After my minor slip up last night, I am back on track! lol :)

I have had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast which was yummy! I'm going to try to leave my second shake till 4pm and then have my last at 7:30pm as the evenings are my hardest time of day.

I have decided that I am not going to cheat - Monday will be my 1st official WI and if I've ruined it because of last night then it will hopefully teach me a lesson!!!! :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely bank holiday! :D

Nicky, night time is my hardest time too.
Have you tried maybe splitting the packs ?
I find this helps, as I have half a soup mid afternoon. Then the other half about 7.30pm.
I half or third the shakes, and have them in coffee.
I third the bars. I always keep a third to have at night.

Aye... keep your WI day to the same day :)
If you keep a record of what you do, when you eat ect, then maybe you will be able to see a pattern or trigger point, and hopefully it may help you in future.

Have a great weekend
Marge
:D

Nicky, night time is my hardest time too.
Have you tried maybe splitting the packs ?
I find this helps, as I have half a soup mid afternoon. Then the other half about 7.30pm.
I half or third the shakes, and have them in coffee.
I third the bars. I always keep a third to have at night.

Aye... keep your WI day to the same day :)
If you keep a record of what you do, when you eat ect, then maybe you will be able to see a pattern or trigger point, and hopefully it may help you in future.

Have a great weekend
Marge
:D

That's a good idea, I think I'll try doing that from tomorrow onwards. I think it's just a mental battle to be honest, I crave very naughty things but hopefully your suggestion will work!

Thanks Marge and hope you have a lovely bank holiday!! :D x

Hello Nicky,
Just been catching up on your diary. You're doing really well, and as the others have said, a mackerel salad is a really good choice, and just makes that day into a WS day; the cheese isn't too bad either, as still low carb (let's ignore the chips ;) )

For mood swings etc, I think the first few days are the worst as you adjust into ketosis and get used to the diet, and it sounds as if you're through the worst. I'm with the others, and I always keep some high protein /low carb things on standby, my favourite for this is something like a peperami, so that if I really need something I've got something to hand; that doesn't involve raiding my daughter's biscuit stash (something I've also been guilty of in recent weeks :( )

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, and hope you have a lovely weekend. I look forward to seeing you weigh-in result at the end of your first week :)

Back