Nicola, A Journey from Points to Calories...

Nicola87

Gold Member
Hey guys , :), New to calorie counting!

A bit about me...I'm 25, and since March 2011 i have been following Weight Watchers Discover plan, and managed to lose just over 7 stone. My WW diary is here http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/201223-nicolas-2012-get-me-goal-diary-100.html

Although im still losing weight, i feel like my losses have slowed right down and am looking for something fresh!

Cant wait to get stuck in! My allowance is 1300 calories, and i am using the myfitnesspal app for blackberry to log my intake!

I will be posting my food diary in here! I would like to lose another 2 stone so hoping calorie counting can give me that final push so i can reach my goal!

I am also getting married in September 2013, and would like to be the beautiful bride I've always dreamed of being! <3

Wish me luck folks, and i look forward to hearing your stories :), xxx

Today's food:

Weetabix Minis, fruit & nut, 40g with SS milk
Source diet drink

Roast chicken salad with light salad cream
Low fat cherry yoghurt

Homemade Spag Bol using, (Lean Mince, Bolognaise sauce, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Spaghetti)
1 Small slice garlic bread

Last edited:
Found your diary! We can stalk each other...lol....

Best of luck hun and you will be a stunning bride.

Food looks good! Very filling!!

Yay! stalking buddies hehe, its good to have support :)

Total cals for today 1183/1300, also did weights to combat my bingos, 3 x 20 reps :)

He he...

What weights you doing? Are you doing a dvd?

I started skipping and kettlebells today (also for bingo wings..lol)..

Just 2 x 1kg weights...my upper body strength is non existant lol, just doing it myself stood up in front of the tv haha. I've got a 5kg kettebell but i find it so heavy to lift! Might start using it more when i've improved my arms!

Todays food:

Fruit & Fibre with SS Milk

Roast Beef salad with light salad cream
Mango & Passionfruit yoghurt
100g Grapes

Birdseye Battered fish
100g Mushy Peas
2 x Mini potato waffles
15ml Gravy
1 slice bread & spread

2 Decaf Cuppa's with SS Milk

Total 1200/1300

Really full tonight! Enjoying eating more filling foods, i feel like i can have a lot more for my 'money' with calorie counting. WW is very restricting when you dont have a lot left to lose, and i think i was bored eating the same things etc...been on this 2 weeks now and i eating all sorts i've not had for ages! :)

Also feeling really happy today and full of beans :) 4 different patients today ( i work in a dental practice ) said, WOW, look at you, you've lost so much weight, or you're looking really well. Things like this really give me a confidence boost and the will to carry on! Having lost so much its easy to get complacent but now i'm really determined to shift this last stone or so :)

Done 3 x 20 reps with my weights tonight.

Hope you all have a lovely evening, xxx

Well done! Another great day!

Its great to get compliments like that, really helps keep you motivated!

I know, if they only realised what motivation they give me just by being nice :)

Another good day today so far. Off for a pub tea tonight with a couple of friends, won't be drinking :) Unsure what to have as never been to the pub we are going to, but will prob try to stick to something that i think is non calorific lol, or maybe there will be some info on myfitnesspal.

Todays diary:

Slice of Angel Cake
1/2 cup of tea

Chicken Curry Soup
100g Grapes
Low fat Mango & Passionfruit yoghurt

522/1300 so far, will try & update later :)

Have a lovely evening everyone, closer to weekend than we were yesterday :)

Update**

Had Chicken Fajitas at the pub, calling them 350 each to be on the safe side, so thats 700, plus 2 J20's at 132 each...

So total for today 1486/1300, gone over by 186 so will have less tomorrow :)

Done my weights 3 x 20 reps as usual xxx

Last edited:
Wow you've done so well!!! I did ww a few years ago but also decided to cc this time. Like you so far I'm loving the flexibility of it. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Thank you :), same to you! You're not so far away from me, I'm in lancashire :)

Todays Food

2 x WW Bagels with light spread & marmite/peanut butter

Heinz Spaghetti & Sausages (Small tin)
100g grapes
Low fat peach yoghurt

Steamed Salmon fillet
Steamed Mixed Veg
Gravy

Spearmint Polo's

Total 1208/1300, so 92 towards going over yesterday, will have to have less tomorrow aswell :(

I'm finding myself more hungry the more i eat, weird! xxx

Well i didnt get on here yesterday, one of my dogs is poorly and had to take him to the vets :(, hes got to have an op but he should be fine...fingers crossed.

First weigh in for calories, gonna be monday to give it a full week.

Yesterdays calories were 881/1300

Todays food;

WW Bagel with light spread & 2 rashers of bacon

Morrisons chicken crisp
3 Caramel chocolates

Massala wrap kit, 2 wraps with chicken & peppers (inc salsa)

Total 1085/1300

Hope everyone has a lovely evening, i for one, will be putting my feet up & relaxing for once :) xxx

Well its my first WI on calories tomorrow, wish me luck :)

Todays food has been a bit random...not had proper meals!

2 stephensons bread with light spread
Diet coke

Jacket potato with tuna, cheese & light mayo
Doritos

Cheese & Onion Ridge crisps
Wagon wheel caramel

4 Caramel chocolates

Total = 1259/1300

I have just myself a tuna salad for work, & going to try & have a proper tea tomorrow, healthy of course! My stomach feels horrible today having eaten crap :(

Onwards & downwards people, xxx

First weigh in & i'm 3lb down :D

Nothing but rain & more rain today! :(

Todays foodage has been...

2 warburtons crumpets with light spread & 10g peanut butter

Tuna salad with light mayo
Muller fruit corner

Jacket potato with 30g cheese & gravy

Handful of doritos
Cuppa tea

Total - 1108/1300

Been doing a bit of exercise each night. 50 lunges, 3 x 20 reps of weights, 20 starjumps :), i did the c25k earlier this year on my treadmill, might do that again before the end of the year, we'll see :)

Have a lovely evening everyone, xxx

Hey everyone/anyone, lol, i'm not sure anyones actually reading, but putting my diary on here helps me so gonna carry on :)

Been another good day today! :) Just finished doing my daily exercises lol, i love how the OH looks at me like im barmy when i'm doing starjumps around the living room while emmerdale is on! Seem to have a bit more energy, but i think that because i was eating so little on weight watchers, i prob wasnt getting enough calories, or maybe ive just been sleeping at night better lol.

Todays menu..

2 Crumpets with light spread & Peanut Butter

Ham ( 1 slice ) salad with light salad cream
Weetabix Oaty bar

1/2 packet curry supernoodles
1/2 garlic baguette

Extra light cheese triangle

And now i'm just having a lovely cuppa tea :)

Total = 1065/1300

Have a lovely evening everyone, xxx

Hi all, been so starving today, gone over my calories..oops...i need to be more consistant, some days i have less than others..i'm wondering if i should work it out in a weeks worth of calories or keep going with daily?? hmm..

Todays menu:

2 Crumpets with ex light cheese triangle

Homemade Pastabake
Shape Delight Vanilla & chocolate sprikle yoghurt

4 Mini poppodoms
Basmati Rice
Chilli Cooking sauce
100g Mince

Total 1435/1300

Evening everyone :)

Disappointed in myself tonight :( gonna over my calories AGAIN! found it really hard past few days as i didnt realise how many calories certain foods had in them, like what would be relativly healthy on ww is like 300 cals. I need to get a grip and stop going over my allowance otherwise i'm going to start gaining :(

Going to try and have 900 tomorrow to try pull back some calories from in the week. I need to stop being a pig lol

Heres todays food..

2 x Warbs toastie loaf with light spread & peanut butter

WW country veg soup
2 Ryvitas
Lowfat strawberry yoghurt

4 Skinless sausages
Mash
Peas, Cabbage
Gravy
Slice of Brown bread

Raspberry ripple mousse
Ridged crisp
Titan chocolate bar

Total 1541/1300

I didnt need any of those snacks! Just pure greed and boredom :(

Weigh Monday, hoping i can pull it back xxx

Well just got back off another driving lesson :) coming towards test time soon , eek! Feeling so much more confident & ready for it though :) Weight loss definatly does give u the confidence to do things you couldnt do. Last year i would have dreamed of learning to drive, i was so in my shell, no self esteem or belief in myself, now somedays i feel on top of the world :character00182:, hehe, road u better be ready for me!

Todays food,

2 Warburtons toastie with light spread/peanut butter
Ridged Crisp

479/900 so far

Gonna try stick to my 900 tonight to pull back the days i've gone over. Not sure what i'm having for tea, and didnt have time for breakfast this morning.

Will do my lunges/weights/starjumps now :)

Have a lovely friday night xxx

Hey all, had a very productive day today :)

Eating habits have been strange, but they always are at weekend depending on how busy i am lol

2 Warburtons toastie with light butter & bacon & mushrooms

10 Malteasers

Chicken tikka masala takeaway from Asda

Total 1359/1300

Done usual exercises :)

Lost 1lb this week, happy with that as was expecting a gain lol. I'm realising it is ok to go over sometimes as i have a lot less other days but i do need to reign it in a bit and find foods that are filling but wont send me over my allowance.

Didnt get chance to come on here yesterday as was really busy sorting through loads of crap i want to sell. I now have a 'items for sale' box lol.

Today i've had;

Egg mayo with salad
Low fat cherry yoghurt
Tangy Toms

Cheese & Ham toastie
30g Pringles
A few giant buttons

1153/1300

Will do my usual exercises hehe xxx

Still going with this even though i dont think anyone is reading lol

Todays food...

2 Crumpets with light spread & peanut butter