Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Yep it's Vegas time already! Woohoo! :D 1 more day in work to go - can see it being a long one trying to get everything done, but at least then it'll be time for the big chill! :D

Another good day today, am on a roll! Decided not to go to group tonight (despite the scales being even kinder this morning at 10st 12.75lbs) so I have the motivation of Saturday morning weigh-in to keep me on the straight and narrow right up until hols on Sunday :)

Exercise: Gym (20 mins bike, 10 mins run)
Breakfast: Overnight Oat (HEB), Banana, Tea (0.5)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Chargrilled Chicken Salad from Tesco - said 10 syns on Syns Calculator but I left the dressing off so will allow 5 in case any oil on the chicken), Pineapple
Dinner: Wrap Pizza (2 x HEA & 1 x HEB) with Mozzarella, Tomato and Garlic Mushrooms - my best yet definitely, was soooo yummy!

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 5.5 Syns, 30 mins gym

Tomorrow's half planned out - overnight oats already made for breakfast, and doing risotto for dinner, but not sure what to have in between... do I go green and have yet another jacket spud, do I go ultra healthy and have a salad? Hmmm...

WP_000732.jpg

Last edited:
Yep it's Vegas time already! Woohoo! :D 1 more day in work to go - can see it being a long one trying to get everything done, but at least then it'll be time for the big chill! :D

Another good day today, am on a roll! Decided not to go to group tonight (despite the scales being even kinder this morning at 10st 12.75lbs) so I have the motivation of Saturday morning weigh-in to keep me on the straight and narrow right up until hols on Sunday :)

Exercise: Gym (20 mins bike, 10 mins run)
Breakfast: Overnight Oat (HEB), Banana, Tea (0.5)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Chargrilled Chicken Salad from Tesco - said 10 syns on Syns Calculator but I left the dressing off so will allow 5 in case any oil on the chicken), Pineapple
Dinner: Wrap Pizza (2 x HEA & 1 x HEB) with Mozzarella, Tomato and Garlic Mushrooms - my best yet definitely, was soooo yummy!

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 5.5 Syns, 30 mins gym

Tomorrow's half planned out - overnight oats already made for breakfast, and doing risotto for dinner, but not sure what to have in between... do I go green and have yet another jacket spud, do I go ultra healthy and have a salad? Hmmm...

That's a good plan about Saturday WI - guaranteed to keep you on track.

Pizza sounds yum!!

And as for tomorrow, it's gonna be mega hot so i would go salad :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's a good plan about Saturday WI - guaranteed to keep you on track.

Pizza sounds yum!!

And as for tomorrow, it's gonna be mega hot so i would go salad :) xx

I don't think I can face a third jacket potato in 4 days anyway, so salad it is! :D Pizza pic up... could eat it all over again! x

It was so good, and the best thing is, it's on the menu again for Friday night with a side order of SW Skinny Fries! :D x

Work is almost over and it's Vegas time! Whoop whoop!

I'm well jel of your pizza - I have some WW wraps at home so think I'm gonna be inspired by you and have a pizza with figs and serrano ham for my dinner tomorrow. Om nom a nom!! xx

Hi! I've just come across your thread on here...bit of a newbie to all this so looking for some inspiration/motivation.

I've been off work for 6 weeks holidays (the perks of working in a secondary school) and so 'holiday mode' has been terrible to my waist line! I was gymming/dieting before the hols but I never seemed to lose any actual weight (and put it down to gaining muscle as it weighs more than fat etc etc) So when it came to getting my work trousers back on...i certainly felt the squeeze!

So I am now going to give SW a go again. I've done it a couple of times but not lasted longer than a couple of weeks as each time I have started it I ended up gaining and so I gave up! I now feel like I'm at my heaviest and all my clothes are starting to feel tight :( I am refusing to buy any sizes bigger so hopefully I can get doing this diet and hope it actually works for me this time!

This is probably the wrong place to be typing all this so sorry! But I will 'follow' you as you seem to have some good ideas for meals etc.

Have a lovely trip to Vegas! x

Hey Faye, well you've come back to SW again so you must deep down know how well it will work, I wish you soooo much luck this time around. Follow extra easy as there's so much freedom, and enjoy! Don't give into the naughty food unless its within your 15 syns and I'm sure the lbs will melt away this month! Best of luck =)

Love it! I'm just planning next week and I've planned it in for Saturday night!! X

Glad to have inspired, I'm looking forward to it tomorrow night already! :D

Didn't know wholemeal wrap was a HEB?? Please tell me it's true?!!!

Nope afraid not, I use it as a tweak! x

Work is almost over and it's Vegas time! Whoop whoop!

I'm well jel of your pizza - I have some WW wraps at home so think I'm gonna be inspired by you and have a pizza with figs and serrano ham for my dinner tomorrow. Om nom a nom!! xx

Haha a second round of inspiration! Yours sounds much posher than mine though! ;) x
Hi! I've just come across your thread on here...bit of a newbie to all this so looking for some inspiration/motivation.

I've been off work for 6 weeks holidays (the perks of working in a secondary school) and so 'holiday mode' has been terrible to my waist line! I was gymming/dieting before the hols but I never seemed to lose any actual weight (and put it down to gaining muscle as it weighs more than fat etc etc) So when it came to getting my work trousers back on...i certainly felt the squeeze!

So I am now going to give SW a go again. I've done it a couple of times but not lasted longer than a couple of weeks as each time I have started it I ended up gaining and so I gave up! I now feel like I'm at my heaviest and all my clothes are starting to feel tight :( I am refusing to buy any sizes bigger so hopefully I can get doing this diet and hope it actually works for me this time!

This is probably the wrong place to be typing all this so sorry! But I will 'follow' you as you seem to have some good ideas for meals etc.

Have a lovely trip to Vegas! x

Hello Faye! Welcome to Minimins, SW and my thread! :D Know the feeling well with the holiday mode, that's been me for the last month or so, but it kind of makes you more determined to get back on it at least - I absolutely refuse to go back to wearing size 14s again! :) All the best for your first few weeks with it, it's a great plan and really is just healthy eating, so if you can get your head around it you can be set up for life xx

Sooooo.... it's officially holiday time!!! :D :D :D Managed to finish work at 5pm (a small miracle after the last few weeks!), did my pilates class (and worked extra hard!), and was back home by 6.30pm... bliss! Made myself a very cheesy tea, and then had a friend around for a glass of vino and a gossip - fab way to start my holidays and all on plan! :D

Breakfast: Overnight Oats (HEB)
Lunch: Tesco Fish Variety Sushi (6), Pineapple, Apple
Snack: Banana
Exercise: Pilates
Dinner: "6 cheese" risotto made with a Quattro Formaggi Risotto Pronto (0.5), Parmesan (HEA) and Mozzarella Balls (HEA) - oh my god did my house smell after making that?!
Snacks: Glass of Red Wine (6), Sugarfree Squash

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 12.5 Syns, Pilates

All topped off with the finale of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model! :D And a battle to try and clip Sophia's nails before I go away :rolleyes:

Only 2 more days of being on plan required before going on hols - I will be flying at less than 11 stone! :D

x

PS. Here's the risotto that also looked like a pizza by the time it had been grilled to make the cheese go brown! :D

WP_000735.jpg

Sounds brilliant :) hope you have a lovely holiday xx

Thank you, am very excited now! :D

So yet another good day - why couldn't I have been this motivated the past month?! :rolleyes: I've even resisted the offer of a chinese takeaway and wine with my housemate on one of her rare evenings in... and am going to just have a single glass of wine instead!!

Was off work today so have had a chance to have a bit of a sleep-in, do some last minute shopping and chores, and to get the all-important holiday waxing done :eek: Was trying to convince the lady doing my waxing to join SW after she confessed she wasn't doing any clothes shopping at the moment because she was unhappy with her weight... I do pick my moments haha!

So today's food etc...

Breakfast: Muller Greek Yog (0.5)
Snack: Cadbury's Eclair (1.5), 5 Extra Sugarfree Mints (0.5)
Lunch: Pasta n Sauce (1)
Dinner: Pizza n Chips - Garlic Mushroom Pizza again (2 x HEA, 1 x HEB) with SW Skinny Fries... mmmm
Snacks: Glass of Red Wine (6), Hifi (HEB)

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 9.5 Syns

WP_000750.jpg
So that's my green week over - everything crossed for weigh-in tomorrow and then I'll relax a bit tomorrow :) Will still be trying to stay on plan for the day but if I go a few syns over I won't be beating myself up!

Tomorrow I must get all my packing done, and I've also got the less painful beauty treatments (eyelash tint) to look forward to, offset to a trip to the dentist in the afternoon... which I suspect will be more painful to my wallet than me, but as long as I have healthy pearly whites to take on hols with me I'll be happy!! :eek:

Happy weekend everyone!! :D xx

Hello ladies!

0.5lbs on at weigh-in.... boo! But going on hols at 10st 12.5lbs officially (and 10st 11.75lbs unofficially) isn't too bad a result really - it's less than I was when I went to Ibiza :) So now it's holiday time, time to let my hair down and enjoy, and then after hols I'll be straight back to weigh-in (fly back on the Monday, weigh-in on the Wednesday) and back on plan for the countdown to xmas! :)

It's a good thing I did decide to go for the Sat morning weigh-in, as I've been terrible since! :D And just think how bad that could have been if I'd been like this since weighing in on Weds?! Went to M&S after getting eyelashes done and had a sudden craving for a ham sandwich, so bought some yummy little mini sub rolls to have with ham and butter, and accompanied that with a pasta salad and a piece of cheesecake - carb overload!! Could totally have a little snooze right now but it's nearly dentist time... eek.

Really must go and get on with my packing - I have lists upon lists but very little actually in my suitcase yet!! Such a chore, but so worth it once the bag has been checked in and it's time to fly! :D

Hope you're all having nice weekends so far? xx

At least it was a pre holiday loss hun. Sounds like you're already in holiday mode too! Lol. Happy packing xx

Back