Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Hey babe! Your weeks have sounded like mine recently too - argh!! Well done on 3 days on plan though, that is a win I say!

I have been so up and down, good for a few days then it wobbles again! I somehow miraculously STS at my group on Monday though (thought I was in for a good 2lb gain at least!!) and have promised myself I will try my best to stay to group next week too no matter if I gain or STS, but am trying to get a wee loss, I need to get back on track!!!

I also would like to feel more comfortable in a dress for Xmas time, a size 12 would DELIGHT me!!

Here's to another good day.....

It's so hard getting back on track after a while off isn't it!! But well done you for the maintain, that's fab! :D

Well I'm a bit disappointed, 0.5lbs on at official weigh-in and now 11st 1.5lbs, whereas my scales at home this morning were showing 2lbs lighter than this time last week at 11st exactly! :( So I hope it's just a temporary bit of baggage this evening and I see a number I like on the scales tomorrow morning... but I will keep ploughing on, and if it doesn't show tomorrow, it will eventually!

Another 100% day despite it being weigh-in evening!

Exercise: Gym (Run, Bike)
Breakfast: Banana, Melon, Pineapple, Tea (0.5)
Snacks: Ryvita Minis (HEB), Blueberries
Lunch: Chickpea Dahl Loaf, Tea (0.5)
Weigh-in: 0.5lbs on :(
Snacks: Hot Chocolate (2), Raspberries
Dinner: Mac N Cheese (HEA) with Broccoli
Dessert: Kit Kat (5.5)
Snack: 2 Mini Cheese (HEA) & Tomato Rolls (HEB) with Butter (1) & Salad Cream (1)

Summary (Green): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 10.5 Syns, Gym

WP_000953.jpg

I'm going to sit down and do my menu plan now for the rest of the week so there's no excuses :) Am out for dinner tomorrow night but it's at a buffet thai place so I can have lots of the salad, rice, noodles, and try to pick the healthier stir fry dishes. I'll be driving so at least it'll be diet coke all the way for drinks! Although some of my friends are having a night out in town and it'll be tempting to go and join them for a few vinos afterwards, so I'll try not to go too mad with the syns at the meal just in case!

Only 2 days til the weekend... :)

x

Last edited:
Nicola's Christmas Countdown... size 10 party dress I'm coming to get you!!

Enjoy the Thai food! I feel ya on the getting back to routine. It's hard first two time but third day it becomes easier and the ole 'why did I not uphold this!' feeling comes souring back!

Hope you've had a good day Nic :) xx

Hey ladies!

Quick check-in, it's been a manic couple of days but in lots of fun ways! :D

The Thai meal on Thursday was lovely and I picked lots of healthy options and drank diet coke... and if the night had ended there it would have been all good :rolleyes: However.... I then dumped the car at work and went in town to meet my other friends for a "couple of quick drinks" which turned into a night of drinking and dancing which only ended at 3.30am!! :eek: Not good on a school night!!

So Friday at work was not much fun, I was soooo tired! Hadn't actually drunk that much so didn't feel too hungover, but hard work all the same! Took every ounce of my willpower not to go and get chips at lunchtime, but I resisted and got myself a veg chilli instead :) So basically, I was completely on plan, and even when I came home from work, got my PJs and fluffy socks on, and got myself settled on the sofa for some crap tv before bed, I tucked into a nice bowl of free pasta with my HEA of cheese! Go me!

But then the phonecall arrived... my friends had a spare ticket for The Warehouse Project here in Manchester, and wondered if I might fancy it! So despite being absolutely shattered after about 3 hours sleep the night before, I said yes!! :rolleyes: So 8pm and I was showered and back out the door for another night out, ooooops! Lots of vodka and red bulls later I ended up totally off plan and even more knackered! Was a fun night though, including a little cheeky snog with a fit bloke so all's well that ends well haha! :D And all the body magic in the form of dancing clearly helped, as my scales said 10st 12lbs this morning!! :eek: Probably just dehydration so fully expecting them to be back up again tomorrow now I've refuelled, but we shall see ;)

So after rolling home at 9am this morning and grabbing a few more hours of sleep I then also made it to a 1st birthday party for a good natter with some friends (how I managed to stay awake is a total miracle!), and then it's been home, crap tv, and PJs again... feels like deja vu from last night haha! But this time I will not be persuaded to head back out again, I am way too shattered!!

Not been much of a food day today, had an apple, a bit of sushi, a slice of birthday cakes, some edamame beans, a persimmon and a kitkat... so a bit of a mix between good and bad!! Too tired to think about eating properly, so now it's bedtime.. I'm sure my appetite will reawaken with a vengeance in the morning, so I've got SW KFC planned for tea - have never made it before so really hope it's nice!! :D

Hope you're all having lovely weekends xx

It was! And the scales still say 10st 12lbs this morning, yay! :D Feeling sorry for myself today, still so tired, so it's a sofa and duvet day today :)

Started off well foodwise, had a healthy breakfast and rocky road hifis to help with choc cravings :) Feel like I could eat the world and his dog today though!! Really want my tea right now, am so excited about the KFC Chicken! :D Might have a bowl of pasta in a bit, see if that keeps me filled up for a while...

Sounds like an awesome weekend =)

And congrats on the number! Hoping it sticks for you =D

Evening ladies!

Well the number didn't stick, but I didn't really deserve it to, so can't be too upset ;) 11st 1.5lbs at official weigh-in again tonight, so a maintain. Time to really get my bum in gear (again!) and get on with this, have been such a chocolate monster this week! And I did go to a 5 course champagne tasting evening last night, so it was never going to be a good one haha! :D

Tomorrow I've got no excuses, so will be 100%, then Friday I'm out in the evening, so will attempt to choose a healthy meal and spend all my syns on vodka & diet coke. Saturday's going to be diffficult as am down south doing the rounds and Sat evening at my friend's is going to consist of Domino's and Pringles :eek: but from Sunday morning I'll get back on it and be 100% from that point until official weigh-in on the Weds. Would just love to see a good loss next week, so taking it one day at a time :)

How are you all getting on? x

Soooo many challenges for you hun! Best of luck! I'm sure you can end next week with a loss. Just get the gym planned after your pizza night and you'll be fine :) :) all is good here! Struggling equally but feeling a new lease of life tonight and think the next 5 days will be very strict now!

Just keep the goal in sight, wrote it down and put it somewhere you'll read it every now and again throughout the day :)

Evening ladies!

Thanks for the motivational words Lauren, think I might put something relating to my target on the fridge :) Am actually thinking of doing similar to you and calling target soonish... I'm fairly happy with how I'm looking and feeling, and am going to have a lot going on the next few months, so I'm thinking of aiming for 10st 7lbs for now. If I can hold around there for a few months I'll then reset that downwards another half stone and see how I get on. So going to have a good think about that week before next week's class :)

Managed a good day today, and have definitely got my body magic in! I did pilates as usual, and then had just sat down to my tea when the phone rings and mum wants to arrange to come up with half the family tomorrow!! Talk about notice!! So I've spent since 8.30pm cleaning the house top to bottom (usually my Sat morning job) and making it baby-friendly as my cousin's bringing her 1 year old with her! Am going to have to rearrange my plans to go out with friends now too (which has been in the diary for weeks), so am a bit annoyed really - I think my parents forget that just because they have zero social life it doesn't mean everyone else does too! And the best bit is, I'm down in MK Saturday so would have seen them then anyway!!! :rolleyes: So alongside doing the monster clean I've also baked a huge carrot cake so they can have that with their cuppa tomorrow afternoon, and haven't even had a sliver myself! Success!

So what I did eat is as follows...

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs with Low Fat Butter (1), Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Ham & Cheese (HEA) Salad, Apple
Snacks: Tea (0.5), Hifi (HEB), Ham, Tomatoes
Exercise: Pilates
Dinner: KFC Chicken, Beans & Chips, Sugarfree Squash

My belly is actually aching from pilates! She tried some new moves on us tonight, ouch!! x

WP_000959.jpg

HOW does one manage to make a carrot cake and not eat it?!!! Blimey!!!

Target may be a good idea! Like you know I may aim to lose another 7lbs in the new year can't decide! Sometimes we gotta realise we are actually happy with how we look and how it was at the beginning of the journey actually is far away now :) you probably won't decide until you get on the scales!

The key to not eating the cake was not putting the icing on!! It's always the icing that tips me over the edge! :D Am going to get a can of the squirty icing from Tesco tomorrow and put it on literally before I serve it to them! :D

I know what you mean about not knowing which target weight is right until you see it on the scales and see how all the clothes fit :) I'll be happy being a comfortable size 12 for now - it hit home to me earlier when I was doing my laundry and I looked at the size of the waist on one of my work skirts and couldn't believe that it actually fits me! So I know I've come a long way - I'm not quite the teeny tiny size 10 yet, but really, what's the hurry? If I can have a healthy BMI and fit into such a lovely normal size already I should be happy with that, and if I can maintain while I go through another phase of change in my life (job stuff, potential relocation again etc) then I'll be really proud of myself. And then by the time I do the next big holiday (Cuba in Nov 2014) I can be that skinny size 10, something to aim for! :D x

Cuba! Gosh I envy your life sometimes, you're always having such fun =)

If you're happy I say give yourself the break! Only you truly know if you will be happy at 10 1/2 and size 12 is fab :) I'm scared to go any lower as I'm now a size 8 on top and I'll never find size 6's anywhere!! My hips need to catch up lol.

You've come so far, and achieved your goal essentially already so enjoy it. A stress free Xmas! I can't wait

Haha I live for my holidays!! I will scrimp on everything but those! :D Have just asked my manager to carry forward some holidays next year so I'll have plenty of days off and just cannot wait already!

Isn't it funny, we must be totally different shapes - my bottom half is much smaller than my top half, and my bum and hips will definitely get to that size 10 before my top does :) I'm not sure I'll ever get below a 12 on top, damn boobies!! Mustn't grumble though - as my mum constantly reminds me, women pay for boobies like mine haha! ;)

Well today has been a day of two halves... this morning and afternoon ultra good with yogurt, fruit, sushi and sugarfree sweets, but this evening went totally to pot after the family descending resulted in us ordering a chinese banquet from the takeaway!! Had a little bit of everything including the chips, oops... and half a slice of my carrot cake which was lush!! :D There's so much takeaway left over that I'm going to bring it with me tomorrow to Milton Keynes, and me and the girls can have it for our tea for our girlie PJ night in! :D

Tomorrow I'm going to have a healthy breakfast and lunch, and then accept that once I get to my friend's house it's going to be difficult to be good (not least because of the takeaway as mentioned above!!)... but from Sunday when I get back in the car up north I'll be back on 100% again. Might even try to be 100% in the morning too, depending on what my friend has in for breakfast :) Hopefully the scales won't be too mean to me as a result!!

Any nice weekend plans for you ladies?

xx

Wow can't believe the weekend has come and gone already?!!!! Blimey! I took photos on Saturday...that was about as exciting as it got for me! Doing the same all day this Saturday. Then I'm gonna stop after one more the following Saturday as I've had enough of sacrificing all my day off! I have some scrummy newborn outfits arriving in two weeks :D then I'll take a couple more!

How was your weekend?? I had weigh in tonight so am 100% ready for a fresh new week on plan :)

Hello! Had a lovely weekend but went ridiculously off plan and oh dear god me and the scales really are not friends after all that!! Showing 11st 3.5lbs this morning!! :eek:

First day back on plan today and feeling better for it already, have just sat and planned menu for the week so hopefully I can finally have a 100% one for the first time in a long time :)

Breakfast: Yogurt (0.5), tea, banana
Lunch: Egg salad, grapes, persimmon, tea
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese with parmesan (A)

EE: 1 x HEA, 0 x HEB, 0.5 Syns

x

1 1/2 on isn't too horrific!! A week 100% will get you back on those tracks :D hope you're doing well otherwise and enjoying yourself :-D

I wish it was only 1.5lbs - the scales were showing 10st 12lbs the last time I weighed myself before that, ooooops! Official weigh-in tomorrow so we'll see what the damage is...

Have been good again today but it's been hard, yet again I've been craving rubbish! Having a charity Pringles sale at work didn't help though... 3 boxes for £1!! :eek: They are being firmly kept in the boot of the car until friends and family visit!

Breakfast: Banana, tea (0.5)
Snacks: Almonds (b)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Pineaple
Snacks: Satsumas, 4 Chewits (2)
Dinner: Chicken, Ham & Mushroom Creamy Pasta (a)
Snacks: Veg Soup

EE: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 5.5 Syns

So glad it's the weekend, I am knackered!! Can't wait to just chillax with the kitty :) x

Oohhhhh oops! Well I always find weigh in after a bad week feels like a splash of cold water to the face so hopefully from tomorrow you have a renewed determination that rockets you to a big loss next week huh?! I've been on a superfree guilt trip since Tuesday to say buh bye to the 2 1/2lb gain I still haven't shifted!! It's literally laughing at me, daring me to get rid of it haha

Back