Nicola's JUDDD diary!

Morning, the only advice I would have in regard to DD is to try altering your eating pattern a bit, see if that helps. For me personally I have found that I deal with them better if I wait until I am hungry before I eat and I mean hungry not fancying something or eating because its lunchtime etc. I don't think in terms of mealtimes when I am on a DD . It might be different for you as I know some people can be hungry when they get up and then if you wait you just get hungrier and then risk a binge? But have a play around, see what works for you. If you are someone who has to eat on a regular basis maybe try getting more for your cals, fruit, veg etc maybe you could break it into several snacks, that said the longer you do them the easier they become and remembering that they are magic will help get you through x

Well done on ur loss xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks skinny and steph x.

bajoleth said:
Morning, the only advice I would have in regard to DD is to try altering your eating pattern a bit, see if that helps. For me personally I have found that I deal with them better if I wait until I am hungry before I eat and I mean hungry not fancying something or eating because its lunchtime etc. I don't think in terms of mealtimes when I am on a DD . It might be different for you as I know some people can be hungry when they get up and then if you wait you just get hungrier and then risk a binge? But have a play around, see what works for you. If you are someone who has to eat on a regular basis maybe try getting more for your cals, fruit, veg etc maybe you could break it into several snacks, that said the longer you do them the easier they become and remembering that they are magic will help get you through x

I'll try it. I'm usually starving the second I wake up tho lol, it's so annoying xx

A woman at work says she's the same, hungry when she wakes up, but has a glass of warm water with lemon juice in it and says that really helps?

Susie

ladyfelsham said:
A woman at work says she's the same, hungry when she wakes up, but has a glass of warm water with lemon juice in it and says that really helps?

Susie

I used to have hot water with lemon on the first week I did the 'lemon juice diet', but have since switched to NAS juice and just squirted lemon juice in it, but think il try the hot water again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :)

Hello again! I only lasted around a week on JUDD last time, the down days were a bit too hard then.
I've since restarted it and been on it for 2 weeks now. I'm finding the down days much easier now...I think this time I really want to do it, and you've got to WANT to do it for it to work.
This time I'm not weighing myself as I get discouraged if the numbers on the scales aren't going down as fast as I like...so I'm just going to use my clothes to a guide to how I'm doing.
Today has been an UP day and though I've enjoyed it I'm actually looking forward to my DD tomorrow :)

missnic07 said:
Hello again! I only lasted around a week on JUDD last time, the down days were a bit too hard then.
I've since restarted it and been on it for 2 weeks now. I'm finding the down days much easier now...I think this time I really want to do it, and you've got to WANT to do it for it to work.
This time I'm not weighing myself as I get discouraged if the numbers on the scales aren't going down as fast as I like...so I'm just going to use my clothes to a guide to how I'm doing.
Today has been an UP day and though I've enjoyed it I'm actually looking forward to my DD tomorrow :)

Good luck for your DD!
Relax and enjoy!

missnic07 said:
Thank you. How long have you been JUDDing for? Do you have a diary?

'BB's last stone diary!':
That's mine! Lol

Only been judging for a few weeks, newbie on this diet, I had started as a vlcd S&S dieter who lost quite a bit and now just trying to lose the last bit of weight and maintain on this!

Everyone is really nice and helpful, they all have tweaks that they share which makes it great for me as you can try It out an see if it suits you?
I would like to try Hannah's way,once I get the hang of this diet!

I tend to try not eat during the day on my DD, I usually last until lunch or after.

DD for me tomorrow, I did do 2 DDs in a row last week, they went ok, but as its TOTM I don't fancy trying it this week!

Sounds like you've done really well! I'll check your diary out.
I do DD on Mon, Wed and Fri and I'm trying to do Sundays as an ID.
I last until lunch time too and have soup for lunch at work, then usually an Alpen light bar around 4pm then 2 slices of toast about 8pm.

Down day is pretty much over! I had:
A mug shot for lunch but i didn't finish it all so we'll say 150 cals
A Celebrations chocolate (I'm guessing 50 cals?)
2 Weight Watchers petit pains (220 cals) with a little butter and 1 cheese slice (75)

So..ive just stayed under 500. Bring on my UD tomorrow :)

missnic07 said:
Down day is pretty much over! I had:
A mug shot for lunch but i didn't finish it all so we'll say 150 cals
A Celebrations chocolate (I'm guessing 50 cals?)
2 Weight Watchers petit pains (220 cals) with a little butter and 1 cheese slice (75)

So..ive just stayed under 500. Bring on my UD tomorrow :)

Well done, that's my food done for my DD as well, what's your plan for tomorrow? Any nice ideas?

biggusburdus said:
Well done, that's my food done for my DD as well, what's your plan for tomorrow? Any nice ideas?

The Belvita breakfast biscuits for brekkie and 2 pittas and a bag of crisps for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet. Oh and a bar of chocolate threw in there somewhere ;). What about you?

missnic07 said:
The Belvita breakfast biscuits for brekkie and 2 pittas and a bag of crisps for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet. Oh and a bar of chocolate threw in there somewhere ;). What about you?

Is that an up day!!

I am not sure if I want to do a second DD so I can have Friday and Saturdays as up days?
Mind not made up yet!

Yeah, I'm sure il be able to fit a couple of other snacks in there somewhere lol.
Hmm I've never tried a double down day, do u find them hard?

missnic07 said:
Yeah, I'm sure il be able to fit a couple of other snacks in there somewhere lol.
Hmm I've never tried a double down day, do u find them hard?

Did a couple of them last week, didn't mean to but it's how the week panned out!
They were actually ok, and I managed them better than I thought I would? I think because I had already done the first day and the second was then added on it made it a lot easier? If you started the first one knowing you were going to do 2 may do your head in a bit! Lol..

Not sure now as I do like the weekends!

Hi guys!

Just following your journey here, I've been curious about this UD/DD diet for a while. But wanted to know more and hear about people's weight loss.

Is it a 500cal limit on DD? And do you ever use your S&S meals? My fiance is doing S&S at the moment and the meals are quite tasty! I've just started WW again, but I know I'll plateau eventually and I need a plan.

On an UD is there a calorie limit? Or can you seriously pig out?

Sorry to hijack a bit, I'm following your journey though and wish you lots of luck!

Glad you found them ok. I don't think I could handle it yet lol.
So what did you decide to go with today?

Well my UD has gone well. Just had half of a dairy milk caramel bar (bigger than the standard size but not as big as the family size), and previously I'd have been able to eat a full bar, but I now feel sick off just half the bar...strange!

missnic07 said:
Glad you found them ok. I don't think I could handle it yet lol.
So what did you decide to go with today?

I went with a DD as it was too tempting for an up Friday and Saturday! I am soo looking forward to tomorrow now!

Back