Night out and drinking???

moomoo13

I am on week 2 and will be going out on Saturday night (been planned for ages) and I know I'll be having a drink or two!! I'm not a massive drinker but I did see on the Exante website that no alcohol is allowed. I know this is not going to happen so does anyone know what is the best option to go for to stay in ketosis if that is at all possible?
I know the best option would be to drink water but I dont get out very often and would like to have a couple of drinks x

I think you answered it all yourself in your post :p best option is to drink water but because you're going to be drinking alcohol then its best to get some food in your belly... :)

There have been numerous threads about this over the past few days. You CANNOT drink alcohol when you're on a VLCD it's dangerous and you will very likely end up very ill

If you insist on drinking you need to eat carbs and get out of ketosis

Thanks for the links starlight, enough to totally scare me off having a drink. I've started so well and wouldnt want to ruin it just for one night so looks like water it is. I knew this site would help me out x

Starlight said:
:)

And if you need an excuse for your friends I bet between us all we can come up with some belters ;)

My fav is the antibiotics one! Oh I can't drink cos I'm on antibiotics I can't have anything to eat because the antibiotics make me feel sick works everytime although my friends probably think I'm the illest person in south Wales lol

I've been saying that I am on a bit of a health kick and having a few months off booze, and also say it always makes me eat crap food after like kebabs etc.

I got a few reactions like 'bet you only last a week!' but now they don't even mention it.

Oh yes I'm sure I'l be able to come up with some excuse or maybe I'll just try the honest approach and tell them 'look I'm sick of being fat so I'm on a diet and I cant drink'! That should work. I've never been a very good liar and I'm sure good friends will understand. Gonna be a new experience for me going out and not having a drink, usually find it gives me a bit of confidence but not as much confidence as being slim will give me x

Back