Night Out - Potential Diet Disaster!!

razzledazzle

Just found out that we're off out on the town on Saturday night for a Birthday celebration ....... which will inevitably end up with us either going for a curry or a chinese.

We'll also be staying in a hotel overnight so will have to sort ourselves out with dinner before the big night out and breakfast the next day .... these shouldn't be too much of a problem - but what can I order curry/chinese-wise?

I think I'll drink V&DC or wine during the evening (less synful than lager) but what's the best things to order to eat from a chinese or indian restaurant??

I reeeally want to lose 1½lb this week, but I can see this night out could have the potential to be a diet-disaster!

Jx

Here are some ideas;

Chinese;
Chicken and cashew nuts, 330g serving 18.0 take 6syns off for the chicken and that's 12 syns then 300g of fried rice is 4 syns so thats 16syns on green!

McDonalds
6 chicken nuggets 13syns - take 6 off as its chicken so heb and regular fries 8.5syns so thats 15.5syns
KFC - obviously less synfull if you do Red!
Crispy strips 7 syns each
Mini Fillet 15 syns
Regular Popcorn Chick 16.5 syns
Avalanche no topping 7.5syns

Chippy
Fishcake ea 7.0
Chips 227g 17.5
Cod/Haddock no batter 9.0

Thanks very much.

Anyone got any idea about Indian?

Jx
Yeah - avoid it like the plague if you want your 1.5 lbs this week!! LOL!!
Only kidding, I'm afraid I dont have a food directory so can't help much but at a guess I think most things will be high unless you went for tandoori chicken and plain rice (no sauces).
Chinese - I think chicken chowmein and chicken chopsuey arent too bad on green if you HEb the chicken.
Try and persuade your group to go for chinese I reckon. Have fun x

Oooh just found this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Indian Restaurants/Takeaways Lamb Rogan Josh, average portion 360g serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 6½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 23½ Syns
[/FONT]

If you are [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]having an Extra Easy day, choose the lower [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Syn value [/FONT]
[/FONT]

So am I right in thinking that if I have an EE day and have the rogan josh with boiled rice - it will total 6½ syns for the lot???

J x

When I went to a Chinese restaurant for a friend's birthday a few months ago my willpower was running high, so I managed to sit there whilst about 10 others had a banquet and I was very proud of myself for being good and ordering Beef in Blackbean sauce (R=5, G=16.5) and boiled rice (G=free). I'm on EE so it was only 5 syns in total.
Chicken in blackbean is 5 on R, 14 on G.

The following may help, pinched from SW website:
Eating out - Indian:
Starters/side orders – curry accompaniments such as naan bread are a whopping 20 Syns each on average - popping a poppadom saves 16 Syns at just 4 Syns each. Low Syn dips include onion sambal (1 level tbsp is ½ Syn on Original and Green), cucumber raita (1 Syn for a level tbsp), lime pickle (1 level tbsp 1½ Syns on Original and Green) and mango chutney (1 level tbsp 2 Syns on Original and Green)
Chicken dishes – fab for an Original day, Chicken Dhansak is 6½ Syns on Original and 18½ Syns on Green*, Chicken Jalfrezi is 8½ Syns on Original, 18½ Syns on Green*, Chicken Vindaloo is 8 Syns on Original, 20 Syns on Green* and Chicken Tandoori is 9 Syns on Original, 21 Syns on Green*. If you’d like rice with your Original dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns! Alternatively, a crispy salad is Free!
Vegetable dishes – great for Green, Vegetable Jalfrezi is 7½ Syns on Original and Green*, Vegetable curry is 9 Syns on Green, 12½ Syns on Original*, Gobi Aloo Saag is 11 Syns on Green, 14½ Syns on Original*, Vegetable Biryani 11½ Syns on Green and 21 Syns on Original*.
Eating out - Chinese:
A great appetiser that offers a fuller-sized starter for small-size Syns is hot and sour soup at only 5 Syns per serving!
Chinese cuisine provides loads of meaty choices for an Original day! Tuck into a 160g serving of spare ribs (about 4 ribs) for 8½ Syns, or for just 4½ Syns* enjoy beef with mushrooms. There are chicken dishes galore with chicken in oyster sauce at 4½ Syns*, chicken and black bean sauce (5 Syns*) chicken and mushrooms (5½ Syns*). If you fancy rice with your Original dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns!
Rice and noodle dishes make excellent Green options. A serving of chicken chop suey with noodles is a fab 5½ Syns* while chicken chow mein is 7 Syns*. For a veggie option, stir-fried mixed vegetables are a sound 6½ Syns*. Top up with loads of Free boiled rice for a Chinese banquet!

If you go for an Indian ask them to cook the curry with as little oil as possible. I know this takes a bit of guts, but honestly I do it all the time and people are always more than happy to oblige.

Tandoori meats are excellent- they usually come with a curry sauce on the side but just ask them to swap it for yoghurt and eat that with some salad and onion relish

Or- use flexible syns and just relax!

Either way- have a FANTASTIC night xxxxxxxxxx

Just found out that we're off out on the town on Saturday night for a Birthday celebration ....... which will inevitably end up with us either going for a curry or a chinese.

We'll also be staying in a hotel overnight so will have to sort ourselves out with dinner before the big night out and breakfast the next day .... these shouldn't be too much of a problem - but what can I order curry/chinese-wise?

I think I'll drink V&DC or wine during the evening (less synful than lager) but what's the best things to order to eat from a chinese or indian restaurant??

I reeeally want to lose 1½lb this week, but I can see this night out could have the potential to be a diet-disaster!

Jx

How did your Sat nite out go? I went for an Indian and went extra easy. I had a poppadum, Chicken dansak and rice and 5 vodka and diet coke - all for only 25 syns!! I was quite pleased with that! How did you get on? xx

i had an indian on friday and had chicken tikka, just with the salad and yog sauce, on sw website it shows the chicken tandori which is roughly the same thing as being 9 syns on a red day.. hope this helps... although i couldnt help myself and had an onion bahji too whoops!

Thanks for all your replies - well, it went ok until I got to the indian and they had no rogan josh on the menu!!! Didn't have a starter but then I blew it by ordering butter chicken with plain boiled rice!! BUT, I didn't eat much of it because I wasn't really that hungry.

Might have to skip class this week though, couldn't face another gain!!

J x

NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Please mate- do not skip class. This is a slippery slope which makes it all the easier to not go back the week after, or week after that.

Please try and (as you say) 'face' the situation. Not knowing about any gains doesn't mean they didn't happen- rather you find out and then get back on track. You may have a FAB week following weigh in but would never know as you hadn't weighed in THIS week.

Good luck xxx

Enjoy your night out, if I go out for an Indian meal (which isn't often these days) I usually stick to a ½ chicken tandoori, salad and rice and NO naan bread, it's about the lowest you will get in a Indian resturant.

Back