Nike + iPod Sport Kit

Raudi,

What are the running programmes like with the ipod? Did you download them from the ipod site? Is there music with them? Sorry for all the questions!! I have 'persuaded' my son to let me use his nano if I buy the nike + kit. I do run with music now but I am getting a bit bored and thought that the ipod stuff might make things more fun.

Do you have Nike+ trainers or do you attach the sensor to other trainers?

Thanks.

Dawn

Hi Dawn

I have downloaded the indurance and treadmill training from itunes......

I have the nike + running shoes but not on purpose as had my feet fitted but these were the most comfortable! They are like running on springs :D

My friend has them attached to her laces..........

It is so easy to use and highly recommend......

have a look for what it can do www.nikeplus..com

Are the training programmes from itunes music or is there a trainer talking too?

Anything that helps with motivation has to be a good thing!

Thanks

Dawn

yes there is music and depending on which one you download there is a trainer talking. I'm currently doing endurance and will be doing treadmill from tomorrow when back in the gym

Dizzy,

Could you please send me the link to the straps that you got from ebay? Are the straps strong enough to hold the sensor in place?

Thanks very much

Dawn

Last edited:
When i looked there are lots of straps listed...

Off to the gym to do my first treadmill run with the Treadmill training going in my ear... hope its a good one

Hi Raudi, how did you get on with the tredmill training...I'm looking into buying Nike+ and nano and kit, purely as it sounds great...I'm starting training for my 5k race in July and want to run at least some of it so will need some music to keep me in training I think. I'd lvoe to hear how well it works before spending out £200!

Thanks - Joe

Does anyone know if this can be used to walk? I'm not allowed to run so if it's only for running there's no point me even wondering! ;) Thanks

Hi Raudi, how did you get on with the tredmill training...I'm looking into buying Nike+ and nano and kit, purely as it sounds great...I'm starting training for my 5k race in July and want to run at least some of it so will need some music to keep me in training I think. I'd lvoe to hear how well it works before spending out £200!

Thanks - Joe

Hi Joe!!

have only used it a couple of times on the treadmill..... But works well...... and would be lost training without it now....

How comes you'll be spending out £200?

Does anyone know if this can be used to walk? I'm not allowed to run so if it's only for running there's no point me even wondering! ;) Thanks

Hi lesley

Yes you can use it to walk too........ If you decide to go for it, hope you enjoy it!

Hi Raudi, it cost over £200 as I didn't have any equipment! I have just purchased a fantastic pair of running shoes from the Sweatshop and got the Nike kit and an Ipod, my husband has input all my CD's and has programmed me some running music,and I'm sooo impressed, it's a very good motivator. I downloaded hte top 10 powersongs and they are very good too. I'm looking forward to improving so Nike can track it for me! Still early days but if i can ever run more than 1 minute i'll be chuffed :)

Joe

Well done on joining the nike plus world! I really is a fab gadget isn't it!! Im off for a run later so will enjoy putting myh results onto the nike + site

The more I use the Nike+ the more I realise it's actually the thing that's helping me keep focussed and it's what is making me work harder each time...fab gismo!

I got one of these too and I LOVE it. I have got to calibrate it to my stride though because I have got little legs (5ft 4!) and it always says that I have gone farther than I have! Sunday I did just over 4 miles but the Nike + said it was just over 5! I love being able to load the runs at Nikeplus too.

Has anyone used maymyrun.com ?
It is good, and free, and you can plot a route and it gives you the distance. I think that you can do more with it but I haven't got that far yet.

Anything that helps me keep going is great, although I think that I have officially caught the running bug and I miss it when I don't go!

Dawn

glad you all liking them def keeps me focussed when running!

I haven't used the site deej i tend to use the route planner onn the London Marathon site

Did not know about these shoes until today BUT Zest mag has a voucher code for 20% off Nike + shoes - runs out at the end of he month.

May save you a bit of money of you are looking to get the trainers.

Nicky

I have ordered one and waiting for it to arrive, will let you know how get on as I am a complete novice when it comes to running.!! :D

Back