Nikkiruth diary

Started a new job today did 1 ½ hours delivering catalogues, so hopefully will help with my exercise, due to health problems I have decided to do this for the moment, as it will fit in with hospital appointments and looking after my granddaughter and it will help improve my fitness,

Food Diary for Saturday 17 July 10
Green Day
B’fast – wm bread, 2 light cheese slices, fried eggs,
Lunch – Bachelors super noodles, 1 cheese slice and some grapes
Dinner – Mushy pea curry, bachelors savory rice, quorn fillets
Supper – ML yog with melon and grapes
Snacks – oaty bar;
HeA – 3 aldi’s light cheese slices;
HeB – 2 slices of wm bread; 1 weetabix oaty bar;
Syns –
Comments always welcome!

Hey Nikkiruth, congrats on the new job! Are you delivering them by foot or driving?
Will be fab excersise - all that walking!
Hope you've had a good weekend x

Hey Nikkiruth, congrats on the new job! Are you delivering them by foot or driving?
Will be fab excersise - all that walking!
Hope you've had a good weekend x

Hi Sarah, I have to drive to the area, then its on foot, did 3 hours today, so will be expecting a good loss next monday, :)

Well WI in today and I lost another 2lb and got my 1 stone award, so very pleased. Have started the fishy week, this week and had a good day, crabsticks for lunch and a readymade meal from Aldi’s it was only 2.5 syns for half a packet, so I thought what the hell I’m having the lot, it was lovely, will try and make something tomorrow

Food Diary for Monday 19 July 10
Red Day :)
B’fast – Magic Porridge (1 HeB), grapes, strawberries,
Lunch – Crab sticks, lettuce, grapes, 1 tbsp mayo (1 syn)
Dinner – Hake with cauliflower cheese bake (5 syns), carrots, Potato’s (1 HeB)
Supper – ML yog with strawberries and grapes
Snacks – cheese and crackers (3 syns)
HeA – 3 light cheese slices;
HeB – 28g Porridge oats; New Potatoes;
Syns – 9
Comments always welcome!

Last edited:
Wow congrats on your 2lb loss - you're doing fantastic! You must be so pleased having consistent losses each week.
I started my fishy week yesterday after getting back from camping - only going to do 5 days officially though as WI on Friday morning. But I'll see if it makes a difference, checking out everyone elses losses it seems like it definately works!

Well done on your loss and your 1 stone sticker :) Congrats on the new job as well. I need something like that to keep me moving!!

Thanks Sarah and Meli for your kind words of encouragements, I am so pleased with my progress so far and I am determind to see it to the end, loving the fishy week, this is my second day, got lots of fish in stock so I am well prepared. Hope you both are well and keep going with your losses :)

Second day of my fishy week and its going well, been out delivering catalogues again today was out for 2 and half hours, so hoping this will help with my loss, loving the fish week and got lots of different fish in, not out delivering tomorrow, having a rest

Food Diary for Tuesday 20 July 10
Red Day (day 2 on fishy week)
B’fast – Crunchy bran, milk (hexA), Banana,
Lunch – Crab sticks, mussels, lettuce, grapes, mayo and natural yog (1 syn)
Dinner – Smoked haddock, cod in butter (1.5 syns), egg, carrots, cauli
Supper – ML Yog, Raspberries
Snacks – Weetabix Oaty bar
HeA – 250ml semi milk;
HeB – 42g Crunchy bran; Weetabix oaty bar;
Syns – 2.5
Comments always welcome!

Hi Nikki

Congratulations on your new job hun :). Are you enjoying your fish week? I'm on day 2 today and finding it ok, not struggling too much for meal ideas in the eve, its more packed lunches. Yesterday was ok, prawn salad and wholemeal roll, today prawn and smoked marckeral salad, tomorrow will prob be tuna salad, lol.. and not sure about Friday's one. Any ideas? xx

Hi Clare and Nikki, thanks for your lovely comments, I am finding the fish week so far really easy, I always have loads of packets of crabsticks in the fridge, also, in tesco's you can buy salmon trimmings, a 120g pack for 87p, its ideal for mixing with your salad or putting in a quiche, which is what I'm having for lunch today, also I brought a packet of chilled mussel's for £1, which I had with crabsticks and salad yesterday for lunch, keep up the good work guys! :) and have a good holiday!

3rd Day on Fishy Week

Spent the day filling in forms as I have now become self employed due to my new job, so its official I am now my own boss! And it feels great, (so far!) Just completed my 3rd day on fish week and feeling great, found it very easy so far and I’m not fed up with fish yet.

Food Diary for Wednesday 21 July 10
Red Day (3rd day on Fishy Week)
Breakfast – Raspberries, 2 WW yogurts,
Lunch – Smoked salmon quiche topped with cheese (1 HeA)
Dinner – Crab sticks, mussel’s, Lettuce, Grapes, Mayo (1 syn), mixed with Natural Yog,
Supper – ML Yog, Melon, Pineapple,
Snacks – Weetabix Oaty bar, cheese, crackers and grapes, milk for coffee (3 syns)
HeA – 28g chedder; 3 slices light cheese slices;
HeB – Weetabix Oaty Bar; 3 crackerbreads
Syns – 4
Comments always welcome!

Congrats on being officially self employed.....no more excuses to the boss though!! lol
Loving the sound of your quiche, will be borrowing that receipe please ;)
xx

Quiche, was so easy, just used salmon trimmings which you can buy from Tesco's for 87p fo 120g, whisk 3 eggs and half tub of quark season and add any thing else you want bung it all in a flan dish and bake for 30-35 mins it was lush!

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday, so I have posted yesterdays and today’s diary’s, been out Yesterday and today delivering books, so walked for 6 hours over 2 days

Food Diary for Thursday 22 July 10
Red Day (4th day on Fishy Week)
Breakfast – Magic porridge, with banana and grapes
Lunch – Tuna and crabsticks, salad with grapes mixed with Nat Yog and Mayo (1 syn)
Dinner – Smoked Salmon topped with EL philli (2.5 syns) mixed salad with apple and grapes in Mayo (1syn) and Nat Yog.
Supper – ML Yog, Melon, Pineapple,
Snacks –
HeA – Milk for coffee;
HeB – 28g Porridge Oats;
Syns – 4.5 used

Food Diary for Friday 23 July 10
Red Day (5th day on Fishy Week)
Breakfast – 1 slice of toast (½ HeB), topped with 1 slice light cheese slice (½ HeA), fried egg,
Lunch – Crabsticks, salad with grapes mixed with Nat Yog,
Dinner – Cod, topped with prawns and philli (2.5 syns), carrots,
Supper – ML Yog, Melon, Pineapple, grapes
Snacks – Cheese on toast (½ HeB & ½ HexA)
HeA – 2 cheese slice; Milk in coffee;
HeB – 2 slices wm bread; Weetabix Oaty Bar
Syns – 2.5
Comments always welcome!

Had a good day today, no walking but been very busy, still finding fish week fab!!! :)

Food Diary for Saturday 24 July 10
Red Day (6th day on Fishy Week)
Breakfast – Toast, fried eggs, light cheese slices,
Lunch – Crab sticks and Prawns in homemade Coronation sauce ( 3 syns), on top of lettuce leaves
Dinner – Smoked Salmon topped with ex Light Philli (2.5 syns) and smoked Mackerel (2 syns) and Prawns, Large Salad with Yogurt Dressing,
Supper – ML yog with melon and pineapple,
Snacks – Oaty bar,
HeA – 2 Aldi’s light cheese slices; milk for coffee;
HeB – 2 wm slices of bread; 1 weetabix oaty bar;
Syns – 7.5 used
Comments always welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Nikkiruth, hope you're having a good weekend.
Wow you've been doing loads of walking for your new job. How are you finding it?

I'm impressed with your determined fishy week - I only managed until Thursday then caved into a carvery (SW friendly of course). I was craving meat so badly!!

Hi Sarah, I'm finding the walking a little hard, but I do have a bad hip and back and I do tend to push myself to do a certain amount, I have loved doing the fish week, only trouble is I took a peak at the scales this morning (I no I shouldn't!), and so far I've STS, I've have been so good, I've not had any fish for breakfast but I'm not sure I could eat fish that time in the morning but I have had fish for lunch and Dinner and done all Red days. I am going to have fish for my tea today, as I'm doing Roast Beef and all the trimmings so I will be having Beef for lunch! I weigh tomorrow and I will be dissapointed if I don't lose, I will probably try it for another week and perhaps do it on EE and not Red we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Your diaries look great.

Don't be disheartened if you sts or only have a small loss this week because although your new job and exercise won't have developed muscles yet it will make your body retain water in the muscles as they adapt to the new level of activity.

Keep up the good work.

You have inspired me to make a smoked salmon quiche when i normally avoid eggs and fish together. I am on day 6 of fishy week too.

Teresa

Back