nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

another day almost over, choc shake for brekkie then i've just had a soup and put some black pepper in it and it sank to the bottom, but it made the bottom nice and hot!

dinner was a success. everyone enjoyed themselves. lamb was perfect, veggies were good, yorkshire fab. sweet went down their hatches well and i then made coffee and gave them homemade shortcakes biscuits. too much food for everyone. nothing went down my throat either. literally! i was going to have a nice frozen tetra for dessert with everyone but it hadn't frozen so after my parent's had gone i had a choc shake. nevermind, i'll have it tonight. not unless they've put something in the tetras to stop them from freezing then i'll just have an extremely cold tetra instead of tetra ice-cream!

we went for a nice walk this morning so the dog got exercised. this afternoon after lunch we went to hartlepool and saw the ship thing that's in the dock there. we told emily it was a pirate's ship as she's mad on pirate's at the moment. had a lovely time. i loved it all.

quite tired now though but i'm sure if i had to do something like an exercise class then i would have the energy to do it! :eek: :rolleyes:

finding it all hard hard hard. just can't stop thinking about flaming food! if i had a £1 for every time i thought about food over the past couple of weeks and felt i was missing out then i'd have lots of £1s. :D why i'm thinking about food is beyond me. still a slight way off before i eat again. just wish it was closer. might do an 810 one of the weekend days next weekend just to break the monotony of shakes and feeling like i'm missing out. just hope that it's ok for me and my weight loss. might kick start a bigger loss!

Well done for dealing with all that food and not eating any! you should be proud of yourself!

it's not too bad not eating like that but i does make you wish you could. :cry:

i am so upset! i discovered that i've lost one of my earrings. i've not taken these out of my ears for 5 years. i got them around this time of year maybe slightly later the year i got married and i wore them for my wedding as they matched my engagement ring and my necklace and bracelet. now i've lost one. i've looked in the bed but it's not there. i've looked all over and i can't see it. i don't know if i've lost it when i've been out today as no-one commented on it when i dropped emily off at school or when i got matthew weighed. so sad :cry:

just got back not too long ago from pilates. on mondays i just don't feel like going. it's so late 7.30-8.30pm. it's hard for me as it's a strength building and core stability exercise. when i get there and get going it isn't too bad and the hour does go quickly. i'm glad i've done it when i've been there though. i was thinking of moving to body combat but i think that i'll stick with pilates for now.

i'm wondering now if i an not loosing weight as quickly because i'm doing lots of exercise. i'm thinking of doing 810 for a couple of days to see if that kick starts more losses. i'm only coming to the end of my 4th week but by now i was assuming a little more would have come off. i think i've lost 1 1/2lbs to 2lbs this week. to say i'm a little disappointed is an understatement. i really wanted to drop at least 3lbs. i'm hoping the fat flying whoosh fairy comes and takes it away while i'm sleeping, that would be a turn up for the books :D

all shakes down today. i hate the couple of days before weigh in as you're down to your last few shakes and the decisions are not as easy regarding what to have. i'm really into my choc shake at the moment and not as much into my soup but i have found a new passion for black pepper in my soup. yum. so i think i'll go for 7 choc shakes, 7 soups (leek and pot and veg mixed), 7 porridge (apple and cinnamon) and 7 bars.

with the bars i might try the following

3 peanut
2 choc orange
2 choc

i discovered at the cinema on friday that i've gone off the cranberry as it tastes like strawberry bubalicious stuff - yak! daft eh?!

for the past 2 days we have had no accidents from my daughter. she's been really good and it's such a pleasure not to have to change her wet things. yeah! go emily!!!

right one more sleep to weigh day and week 5 has started today. week 5 already.... where did the other 4 go?

good luck for weigh in. i am doing very little exercise this week as i found that not only did my TOM not arrive but i have also stopped losing. i think CD and loads of exercise all at once might have been too much by my wearied and abused body!

however, if i sts this week too then back on the exercise again! feeling v sorry for my body right now! good luck and yes, the weeks do fly by.

how much have you lost so far leeds123? how long on the plan now too?

think it's a 2 1/2lb loss this week. hard diet for a 2 1/2lb loss :( i was hoping for a little more like 3 to 3 1/2lbs a week. considering my friend is doing atkins and it's dropping off her, she's not hungry and she's drinking wine too!

Hi

Sorry to hear you're feeling down xx

If you average out your weight loss so far (and if it is 2.5 lb this week) then that's 5.25lb a week which is good going xx

don't know why i worry so much about my losses each week.... another example of not using your scales all the time :rolleyes:

4 1/4lbs off this week.

couldn't get the .25 to work on my ticker or the .75 so the nearest is .25 down.... really cheeky :D

also i've broken the half way point! just :eek:

:character00180:

oh so pleased for you!

i have been doing it 10 weeks and have lost 22lbs. i know this is good but the last 3 weeks i have lost 2lbs! very strict and expensive way of losing so little!! but i am trying to beat my body in the battle of the stall. we'll see what happens this week.

you are doing so well and exercise seems to be really goo for your losses. do you have any tips for me? i am drinking at least 3-4 litres a day.

you are doing so well and exercise seems to be really goo for your losses. do you have any tips for me? i am drinking at least 3-4 litres a day.

do you have a lot more to loose?

you need to strike a balance with exercise i think. do enough to feel that you've done it a shape up your body but not too much to kill you and make you feel mega hungry.

my routine is this:-

monday - swimming with matthew (waterabies), pilates
tuesday - gym - bike for 10 mins, running for 20 mins (first time for 20 minutes today, last week it was 16 mins and 18mins). then the treadclimber for 5 to 10 mins. swimming with my daughter.
wednesday - nothing
thursday - gym as tuesday then while she does tennis for 45 mins i do weights and then more cardio.
friday - nothing (unless we're off out on the sat then sat and fri evening are swapped around.) going to start running to emily's school to collect her and my dad will collect us both. will get a running pram soon for this though.
sat - swimming with emily and matthew. body pump pm.
sunday - nothing but will take the dog out.

an action packed week. this is what i'm able to do and feel ok.

my body will obey me lol :D

i push hard and i can see a change in shape. when i exercise i make sure i have a higher carb bar for afters to help me recover. then a veg drink thing (not a shake but the flavouring). very salty though.

water wise i don't think i drink as much as you. i tend to drink a pint before my shakes so 4 pints a day that way then an extra pint at night, an extra pint during the night as i get thirsty and black coffee during the day. i also add more water to my drinks. so aprox 3 litres max. gym days are higher as i drink 1 to 2 litres at the gym.

i don't know what exercise you try but what about introducing core exercises for toning rather than cardio. i think that this is making a huge difference mind i think running does too. last time i didn't loose for 2 weeks then went up to the 810 and 8lbs dropped off the following week. not loosing sucks though! :(

if you need any advice just let me know what you do, what your goals are and how much more you have to loose.

well we're on a roll. emily has had 3 dry days now. yeah! :talk017:

mind tonight she threw all over her bed then in the bathroom all over the floor, the mat on the floor and the loo seat. loverrrrrrrrrrrrrly. hubby did his best to clean it up but made it worse. there was lumps of sick all over the landing. yak! just goes to show how different men and woman are. i would have put down a towel and lumped everything on the towel to contain the sick. he dumped the stuff on the top of the stairs. so i'll be carpet cleaning tomorrow.

had all my shakes today as well as a veg drink. choc, porridge, bar and porridge. i really love the porridge at the minute. i'm a real porridge freak anyway.

i can't believe that i'm past the half way point. it's crazy how quickly is has dropped off. i've got 5 1/4lbs before i move up to the 810 plan. so effectively 2 weeks left if i keep loosing the way i am. so exciting. mind i've bought some salad and some low fat cottage cheese to have on sat pm before body pump. might have it and then again i might not. it depends on how i feel and how i loose this week.

been running today at the gym. managed to do 20 mins non stop. so i'm up 2 mins from last thursday. i'm planning on running to emily's school on friday and then my dad will come and pick emily and me up. i'll thinking of getting my running pram soon then i can run to and from school (1.6 miles one way). it has a few hilly bits in there so good practice. it's running outside that really improve my running.

an apology to all readers
i think that if were to re-read my diary from the beginning i'd probably find the more weight that falls off the more i witter on about exercise. i feel that exercise is the basis of how good i feel about myself. when i'm fit and thin i love me. when i'm unfit and fat, it's not a pleasant site. my friend saw me today at the gym. she's not seen me in my gym gear for a couple of weeks and she thinks i look amazing. i've taken a couple of pictures from last week. i must post them. the front view is pretty nasty as i look very square, or rectangular but the side view is wonderful.

get-attachment-3aspx-1-2.jpg

get-attachment-2aspx-1-2.jpg

i look very rectangular - wide - here. i don't like looking wide. :(

last time when i got to goal i looked like this..... can't wait til i'm there again.

DSC00570-1.jpg

Wow! Look at those skinny little legs and your iddie biddie waist in the target photo! x

well. another dry day. 4 in a row. i think we've got lift off in emilyland!

pretty boring day today. matthew's had bad nappies so with emily chundering last night and matthew's bad nappies today i've been up to my elbows in the beasties today.

all shakes down. choc, soup, bar and porridge. think i'd like to order more choc ones next time as i like to have more than one choc a day. less bars. not sure of the choc bar as it's got a pretty nasty after taste to it. love peanut, so i'll stick to those. don't mind the choc orange either. i was trying hard to get a higher carb bar to use on gym days but not sure that it'll work out.

that's it. nothing else to report.

mind for a laugh... the other day at the gym i ordered an americano and was just about to put in my sweetners when i dropped them in the coffee. almost a full dispenser too. not cheap at £3.99 a shot. they were ruined so i left them their. luckily i had more in my pocket so i used those otherwise i would have had to break rules and have loose sweetner sachets as that's the only other option. shame. mind i've never found loose sweetner problematic for me.

Wow! Look at those skinny little legs and your iddie biddie waist in the target photo! x

i'm not skinny in the gym ones though :p

p.s i was a 12 to 14 in that picture. would like to shift another stone on top of that picture.

Hi - so you are definitely going for 10.5? That would be very skinny indeed! You do look good in your target photo though. Looking at your now pictures I can see how you're in smaller sizes than me. I'm much bigger than you in my body but I have got quite skinny arms and legs - so different distribution of the weight. Will have a look at sticking some photos on at some point. Although saying that, in Next today I could easily get into size 16 jeans and have bought a size 16 checked shirt which looked fab - long time since I have said that!

Weigh in day tomorrow, am really hoping for 3 off but will have to see. Scales are back out of the loft so I have weighed myself but the CDCs are 2 pounds heavier and I can't remember what mine said at my last weigh in! Will post with update xx

you should have a yellow record card that gets filled in by your CDC. last time round i didn't get one but this time i did and a strange medium sized hessian bag. quite useful for your shakes. i take it with me when i buy my shakes so that i can put them in it.

yes, looks like our weight is distributed differently. i wish that a size 16 next would look good on me too. i find that the jeans are always too short on the rise and end up living on my hips and are way too small for that and don'd do up. :(

you look fab, and i love reading about your exercise.

i can't believe it! i ran for 24 mins today. i really pushed hard for the last 2 mins as i was very tired and hot. looked like a baked lobster when i'd finished. so today i did... bike for 10mins, running for 24mins, rowing for 5mins. then swimming. i didn't do my weights tonight as i've got body pump tomorrow night and i was tired and didn't push myself.

ems had an accident tonight. she was over tired and hit hubby so he told her off and she wet herself. i'm so upset as we were doing really well. i'm hoping that it's just a small set back.

Back