nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

got to say my hands and fingers are so dry. it's bad cause they're sore and bleeding and i have a kean on my thumb which keeps opening up and spliting open and then stinging. i've been using truck loads of heavy duty hand cream. anyone else suffering this?

Hia, been reading your dairy...you have done so well.

Hope I get losses like yours.

PB

got to say my hands and fingers are so dry. it's bad cause they're sore and bleeding and i have a kean on my thumb which keeps opening up and spliting open and then stinging. i've been using truck loads of heavy duty hand cream. anyone else suffering this?

yes! my hands are in a terrible state, think it's because they spend most of their life in water. I took to using the kids sudocreme on the cuts at bedtime last time they were bleeding and it seemed to help.

Yes! The skin around my nails is so chapped! I am constantly using hand cream. I use the norwegian concentrated one.

hey great things, is the body pump class good. they do that at the gym im a member of but i havent tried it. i usually go and just do rower, treadmill and bike. the only class ive been to so far is the pilates, which funnily made me ach the next day, i was surprised by that. by the way, you look fantastic in ya pics.xx

i love body pump. you use weights and keep changing it. all to music. such a good class and will make your legs kill. first time i did it i had trouble going downstairs as my legs were so wobbly. i thought i was never going to get down them. argh!

i also do pilates which i'm doing for core strength.

i decided today, this afternoon that since i was hungry and i've got a body pump class this evening that i'll do a ss+ day. i was going to do the 810 but then thought that i don't really want milk, i have no use for it. so i'm having salad with VLF cottage cheese. so i'll be having 3 shakes instead of 4 which suits me fine today.

choc, soup then bar tonight at the pictures. got no regrets adding a small meal in today. just feel like i need it today as i've literally NO energy at all :(

There is no shame in being sensibe!

BLOODY KIDS! emily has not eaten much this week at all. i think my mother is filling her up on cr*p. she's not eaten much, if any, breakfast all week. she's hardly touched her lunch unless someone feeds her, her tea has had only 1 mouthful out of it.

1st the wetting episodes now not eating. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think your life mirrors mine :D

My mums been down to stay this week as my hubby been working away and she happily sits and spoon feeds my 3 year olds - which is great until she's not there and I also have my 7 month old in the highchair who also needs feeding :mad:

least things have improved for you on the toilet training front?

my CDC texted last night to say she is happy for me to SS for another 2 weeks - at which point hopefully I will be a stone away from goal.

Although I am now wondering if I can go lower than 11.7 - don't tell my mother tho!!! Am pondering changing my goal to 11 now.....

enjoy your food :D bet it tastes great xx

my food had never tasted so good :D

my goal's 11st 7lbs then i'll work up the plans gradually and loose a bit more doing it. quite happy thinking about getting to 10st 7lbs.

i was a bit mean to her tonight in that i told her that she had to finish her tea as she'd not eaten much today and if she didn't she'd go to bed without any milk. she loves her bedtime milk.

body pump was fab. i worked really hard. my muscles ache. mind it was worth it.

just come back from the cinema. we went to see alice in wonderland 3d. what a pile of rubbish :( had a lovely choc orange bar and 750ml of water. my bum hurt most of the way through. i think most of my 23lbs has come off my bum. i wish i could re-distribute my fat now and put some on my bum. so sore.

right to bed. i'm so tired.

p.s booked a holiday today. we're off to disneyland paris 28th april until may 1st. so excited and i'm hoping to have most of my weight off by then. 5 weeks away i think. that could be anything from 15lbs to 20lbs lol. hope i don't go too bonkers whilst i'm there.

so tired today. contributing factors are....
  1. going to bed late
  2. emily crying in the night
  3. matthew waking early at 5.30am
  4. hubby snoring

need to have a good night tonight as i've been going to bed a wee tad late and getting up or being woken up at 6am

had an odd day today. we didn't go swimming with emily. her lessons, i feel, are a waste of time! they're at our local gym and you pay quite a bit for them. her classes are 2-4 year olds parent and child lessons. she's 3y3m and since her turning 2 1/2 i've worked quite hard on getting her swimming. she's quite good and can, with armbands, swim forwards and on her back. she can jump in from the side and generally tries hard. the others in her class, i think, are around 2 years old and can't swim like her. they need to games and stimulation to get going. she can't go up a class until she's 4 or even 5 years old. so i think that i'll take her to our local pool and get swimming lessons for her there. private one to one are too expensive at our gym £17 for 45mins and i'm not paying that each week!

anyway today consisted of rain, rain and more rain. so initially we stuck around the house and cleaned up a bit. then ventured out to toysrus to look at birthday presents for matthew who's 1, can't believe it, next month. i've also another 3 parties to go to, well emily does, so i bought a pressie for each child so that i'm prepared. 1st one next weekend.

then we went to soft play and boy was that busy!!!! everyone had lunch there. i had my bar, some black coffee and a bottle of water. then off shopping but the kids were asleep so i got a new bracelet and then we went home. i cleaned to top of the house and changed beds whilst hubby took the dog out. kids watching tv. then i played games with emily from her SPLATT bag and we did some potato printing. she loved that but it was everywhere from her hands, her clothes, the floor, the table cloth (which is PVC washable cause she's a messy eater lol).

tea for all.... soup for me :) and she's engrossed in lilo & stitch or is it stitch & lilo?

next is bath, bed, bottle/cup of milk for the kids.

i'm not sure if i'll really get on here tomorrow cause we're off to our caravan at primrose valley and see how it's fared over the winterisation period. it'll be the first time since nov that we've been. i hope it's ok. we were going to go today and stay over but it's a mess from moving everything away from the walls and windows and would take a bit to get sorted plus we've not heating other than some silly wall panels that don't do much other than take the chill out of the rooms so it would be freezing cold. it can't be worse than last summer when we'd rented it out through haven and it was left in a mess..... nail varnish on our seats, stains on our carpet, things missing, things broken, smokers smells, towel rail hanging off, sink shelf hanging off, poo on the toilet seat etc etc etc plus a hefty elec bill for £170... we're talking july and aug rentals. haven have been pestering us to rent it out this year but there's no way on this planet that i would ever let to them. they also say that if someone breaks something of yours in your caravan (e.g. the plates which they provide and you pay for and have to have 8 of etc) that you have to pay to replace it. any damage and you have to pay for it as an owner. my friend said that they take a deposit from their clients in case damage is done. so they must get this and still make the owners pay for it too. flaming rip off.

well we went to primrose valley today and sorted out our caravan from winterisation. turned on the water. turned on the electric. put the nets back up. made the beds etc etc we then all got our cards sorted out then went for lunch. this is where our troubles started.

1. hubby's lunch didn't go through so he was sat there waiting for ages so i went to see where it was and it hadn't gone through the machine properly so had to be re-ordered.
  2. i popped to the shop to get a swimsuit so i could take ems swimming instead of hubby. the card machine at the till wouldn't work. they tried 3 then said it must be the till. tried another till and it all worked well.
  3. went back to the cafe and hubby's lunch had come and he'd eaten it. we took ems swimming. i helped hubby and got her ready while he got himself ready. unfortunately when she was undressed her i found that her swimsuit wasn't there so i had to pop and get her another one.
  4. we went back to our caravan after swimming only to find lots of water underneith our caravan.
  5. on closer inspection there was something missing from the water pipe that goes into our caravan.
  6. on even close inspection there were dents in our caravan, followed by scrapes, white and black paint and a flaming hole. it looked like a can opener had opened the caravan up and you could see the wood under the metal. i think something has backed or drove into it. :( so insurance job. meant that instead of going to the loo then leaving i had to drive back to the owners lounge, get her to send someone out to fix the water and report the damage to our caravan. she'll be out on tues to photo it, we took our own pics too, then we had an insurance form to fill in and hand back straight away. cripes :(:(:(:(

our trip home took a while cause we got stuck in a traffic jam but we've got home ok.

so today's consisted, so far of.... choc shake, peanut bar, veg soup. got my porridge to come yet and i usually have it at 8pm. i might have a tetra instead as a hot choc tonight as it's late.

WHAT A DAY!

OMG! how you stuck to CD through all that is amazing!!!

i know lol! it's hard work sometimes but i did have a nice starbucks americano and hadn't any sweetners in my pocket as we were stood in the owners lounge waiting for someone to come to see to us so i used the artificial sweetner powdered stuff that we are technically not supposed to use, although i can't see why not.

stress...... argh!

well another day and weigh tomorrow. think it'll be 3 off this week, or at least i'm hoping it will be 3 and wishing that it'll be more :D

had a choc shake today. thought i'd give porridge a miss today as well as the only bar i have left which is choc one and i hate it with a vengence. think i'll return it tomorrow and swap it for a choc orange or peanut. better go at matthew is pressing buttons on my computer like there's no tomorrow.

i believe that this is day 36!

my mum has gone into hospital for her operation today. i phoned this morning to wish her luck. she's having balloons or stents put into one or possibly and hopefully both of her legs. for some time now she was been unable to walk decent distances and it wasn't until she went for physio that they finally sent her for tests and found that the blood flow wasn't working in her legs very well as there were blockages (i think). she got an appointment for her operation within 2 weeks as she was desperate for the operation. my dad is picking her up in about 10 mins from hospital and then i'll find out how it all went. i'm hoping that this greatly improves her walking as she is overweight and has been trying to loose weight for years without success. she's had 5 strokes, has type 2 diabetes so is not in great health.

today has been a mixed bag anyway.

Manic weekend then! Good on ya for sticking with it.

Cant believe day 36 already?? Good luck for your weigh in, 3 off will be good. I'll be happy with that this week. My scales are saying 2 off so far so hopefully another pound between now and Thur morning - should be do-able.

I'm having all choc mint again next week, I did think about getting some bars for those out and about moments on a weekend but sticking with my fave :D hubby thinks I'm barmy but I do like them....he was saying the other night that he hadn't expected me to keep it up for as long as I have. I think we all deserve a good pat on the back, as this diet aint easy, and we're all doing bloody well!

Treated myself to 2 new pairs of jeans today, size 16 from New Look. Feels great! My 18s were dropping off me, far too big round my bum and legs although I have a massive (but shrinking) spare tyre, so I've got a bit of a muffin top going on when I wear the smaller size (I think thats what they call it). Still, I did need them as the others were falling down as I walked along :D

I'll be watching out for your update tomorrow. Lots of luck, not that you'll need it, you're doing great :D

Manic weekend then! Good on ya for sticking with it.

Cant believe day 36 already?? Good luck for your weigh in, 3 off will be good. I'll be happy with that this week. My scales are saying 2 off so far so hopefully another pound between now and Thur morning - should be do-able.

I'm having all choc mint again next week, I did think about getting some bars for those out and about moments on a weekend but sticking with my fave :D hubby thinks I'm barmy but I do like them....he was saying the other night that he hadn't expected me to keep it up for as long as I have. I think we all deserve a good pat on the back, as this diet aint easy, and we're all doing bloody well!

Treated myself to 2 new pairs of jeans today, size 16 from New Look. Feels great! My 18s were dropping off me, far too big round my bum and legs although I have a massive (but shrinking) spare tyre, so I've got a bit of a muffin top going on when I wear the smaller size (I think thats what they call it). Still, I did need them as the others were falling down as I walked along :D

I'll be watching out for your update tomorrow. Lots of luck, not that you'll need it, you're doing great :D

thanks. :D why not get your usual stuff and then a bar on top just incase you go out then you have an emergency bar. or a shaker from your cdc!

i pulled out a lot of 16s from the cupboard and they fit fine. put on john rocha jeans and they were falling down on me all day was spent pulling them up. i think they're a little bigger than some though. feels so strange to be back in jeans again so soon after matthew. with ems.... i was in maternity clothes until i started cd feb 08 and she was 14 months old.

my mum is devastated. her op didn't go well. she's been suffering for 5 years and in this time has been backwards and forwards to the docs complaining. he's given her more tablets, physio etc etc none of which has worked. the last physio she saw knew something wasn't quite right and got her referred. they found this leg problem but it has been festering for 5 years. 5 years they had to do something about it and now it is too late to do the keyhole surgery that she went in for today. it's now major surgery and she will have to be knocked out which is not good as she will be very high risk. she is angry and crying and worried etc. my mum, who's 67 this year, does not need this stress. it's so annoying that her doc has been messing her around for so long.

what happened today was that they tried to into her left artery but it was too blocked so they had to go into her right artery in her leg. this meant 2 injections in her groin.... very painful and she is not good with injections at all.

they said that there is a blockage too far up for them to get to, so around hip area. they carried on downwards and it was going well until they reached her knee and there it stopped. they could go no further. it had been left too late and the artery has calcified. very little blood flow gets through to her foot hence all the problems she has been getting.

the problem with this is that this wasn't her most painful leg. the right leg is her most painful leg. she is now worried that the same thing is happening or has happened the other side.

what they have to do now is an artery bypass for the full length of her leg.

what can i say to that. i had to go round to her house tonight as i couldn't understand what she was saying on the phone. she got so upset that she was crying and with her strokes it makes it impossible to understand her at all.

the most annoying thing is that her brother had a similar thing happen to him after mum's leg started being uncomfortable and his doc got him to see a consultant within a week and within a couple of months he had this keyhole surgery and he is now fine. bloody doctor.

anyway i didn't go to pilates tonight. by the time hubby came home and i darted out then came back again it was too late.

i just hope that they get on the phone within a couple of days and get her into hospital - the lastest next week. she desperately needs it sorted and it was urgent before it most be very very urgent now.

Back