Nikkis diary

Bro not too bad, he broke his back in car crash and has damaged his spinal cord, so is paralysed from just below his shoulder blades down, he is coping well though has his up and down days. I havent been able to see him for a while as it costs too much to get up to Sheffield (the spinal unit he lives in Nottingham)

Well I am trying to get back on track.

"If I can help you in any way - just shout" - Starlight - you could be sorry you said that!!:D xx

Sonkie, thats awful, its far from the same thing but an old boyfriend of mine had an motorbike accident and was paraylsed from neck down and brain damaged - it was devastating and we were'nt together very long and we were'nt so closely related so I cannot imagine how it has been for you :( you should be so proud of yourself to keep going with your weight loss - for your own health - im sure he'd hate for you to stop because all this is going on. If you ever want a chat about it please give me a shout - although I don't know what to say, it sometimes help to chat it out. xxxxxx

Thanks for that I have done well the times I have visited him I have been pretty good, but it was much more conveinient to eat...but sensibly.

Right im off to bed now, will catch up with you tomorrow, dont forget be good, if you cant be good, lock up your cupboards and fridge.....lol

Night xx

I was told that I had to use all my points or the weight loss wouldnt be as good, so was encouraged to try extra yogurts etc to bump up the points.

sonkie, I didnt know that at all! why is that? :)

folks, I like the way some of you have a little "goal" tracker at the end of your signature. Im thinking of doing something similiar myself but was wondering how do evaluate a reasonable goal? I mean Id love to lose a stone this month but its probably impossible on ww. So, how do ye work it? do you have a little process to work out a sensible target? - sorry, such a stupid quesiton!!!

Something to do with the points are calculated for the weight you are, I was told to make sure I ate all my points and not to miss out any lower than 3 points as my body would store fat....?????
As for the mini goals, I think you just decide what you would ideally like to lose for your diet.

Thats really good to know - thanks a million!! xx

anyway that is what I was told, but whether its right or not I dont have a clue, ask your group leader to be sure.

I must say, not using up all my points isn't something I have trouble with, if anything I want more, hehe.
Oh I don't have that problem either LOL - am the very same. The whole storing the fat thing makes such sense - I just did'nt think of that before - thought that if I ate under my allocated points, I would loose more weight but now I can feel really good about devouring the whole lot!!! - thank you xx I have saved 7 this week so far so might have a little treat in the next few days. :)

So... day 4 - feeling quite good! - such a lovely feeling to be constantly full, not feel deprived and know (hope?!) I will loose weight!! - Beginning to really assess my whole relationship with food - I know this sounds so disgusting and I am really ashamed of myself but for a (LONG) while my whole life was revolving around food!! - I would eat for recreation - ideal night in was a dominos pizza and a dvd... would sit in work in morning thinking about lunch, after lunch would be thinking about dinner.... yuck! - I know its disgusting!! (know this is only day 4 this "while" Im talking about was only last week LOL!!)
Feel so much in control at the minute. Feel so excited that "wow! I could look how I want to"

did 30 mins on cross trainer tonight and felt REALLY good for it - actually enjoying the exercise (dun..dun..dun..), would you believe it! - me? the most anti movement person in the world lol!!

Have seen people throughout the years loose such huge amounts of weight and completely transform themselves and Ive always thought "wow, are'nt they fantastic - wish I could do that" - but, eh.. I can if I try hard enough!!
been copping out for too long now. :)
Thank you all so much for your kind messages:)

I think we've all been there with the constant thinking about food cycle. I found my worst time was in the evenings watching TV. I just ate all the time.

Mind you I still do to a degree but its more likely to be fruit and yoghurt, or Melba toast, or my absolute passion at the moment - low fat popcorn!!

Its great to see youre so motivated. Lets hope that stays with you.

I found my first really good loss helped me 'click' I felt SO good about it that it made me realise, no food on earth could beat that feeling :)

Hope you have a great weekend

You too pet!! its so easy to be motivated at the beginning of diets but easy to slip off so heres hoping I continue once and for all - think its got to a point with me that I dont have a choice - if I continue the way I am, I wont be around to see my little girl grow up or live the life I want to live.

Im on page 18 of your diary so am waiting til I finish it to post - loving it so far starlight - can really relate to so much of your thoughts. Ive seen your photos - you are going to be such a stunner when you reach goal.

Will update again tomorrow,

Sweet dreams!! :)

:) God, no you have'nt scared me at all - thats fantastic - thanks a million for the advice (phew! ALL those trips to the loo will be cut down :D )

xxxx

You are very welcome:princess:

How you getting on so far? xx

Hi folks,

Im new and find this website absolutely fantastic - everyone is so supportive and the before and after pictures I had a nose at are really so inspirational - I think that this site could really help be achieve my goal, is it ok if I keep a diary here?

I have never ever been small - but REALLY piled on the weight when pregnant with my little girl (now 18 months) - 5 stone!!!!!!! (or 70pounds) - to be honest, I used my pregnancy as an excuse to eat my way through most of the restaurants and take aways in Ireland!!.

So, in the 18 months, ive tried to start many different diets, many different times and obviously failed. Ive actually just continued to gain and gain and am now a whopping and very unhealthy 18 stone!!!!!! (5 foot 9 inches)

I feel awful - both physically and mentally.
I feel sluggish and tired, my knees are actually beginning to really hurt me under all the weight.

Mentally - I have absolutely no confidence - well I never really did but now its at an all time low. dont like going out (at night), feel uncomfortable in my own skin, its effecting everything...

So........ on a postive note its time for a huge change!! I feel really determined THIS TIME - I am getting married August 2008 and really dont want to look back at the photos in disgust - this is obviously a huge incentive!!.

Im a doing WW at home - (not going to meetings as really dont have time - work full time - have little girl and study) but have all the information, points and books that I need and figured that this site can be my support.

Im only on day 3 - im allowed 26 points a day and eat about 23. I exercise for half an hour ( x crosser and rowing machine at home) but home to build this up as I become fitter.

cross your fingers for me - please!

Hi Nikki,

Just wanted to say that you are unknown to any of us here on Minimins, however you are already cared about because we empathise with how you feel and where you want to go. Good luck with your wegiht loss.
xx

awww thank you cha-ching

You are very welcome:princess:

How you getting on so far? xx

Great! thanks a mill - so far, so good! finding it quite easy (at the minute!! :) )

So we booked our wedding date today!!:) :) - well provisionally it all depends on the OHs annual leave - he just has to confirm this on monday as they havent known up to now, being next year and all (hes a military musician so unfortunately cant take it whenever he feels like it) so we provisionally booked the 7th and the 14th of August (it will definately be one or the other) 2008. Really, really excited!!
Will probably turn into bridezilla :D Just hoping to God that I will be the size I want for the big day. :(

Having a little trouble in regard to eating out - went for dinner to day with OH and to be honest was at a bit of a loss in regards what to order... always concerned that they're are hidden ingrediants (therefore points) for taste that you just dont see. In the end I went for smoked salmon on a bed of mixed leaves and capers on two slices of (thick) brown bread. the brown bread had butter but I scraped most of it off leaving a very, very little layer. I asked for no dressing with it but think the capers could have been cooked in a little oil (God.. im boring myself now - sorry) No Idea how many points to give this!! anyone have any idea?? I was going to give it 10 to be on safe side but OH reckons thats ridiculous. Im fine eating at home but find this dining out thing quite hard to tackle.

Thank you xxx

Hi Nikki,

Congratulations on setting the date for your wedding! There is no bigger incentive for weight loss than counting down to your big day. Lots of luck - although lucks not what you need - you just need the determination to see this through and it sounds like you've got it!!

Meant to say eating out can be a bit tricky but if it is only one meal a week (out of twenty one) then I find as long as you don't go nuts then 'guesstimating' your points wont affect your weight loss.

Thanks a million Kate xxxxx:) :)

Hi Starlight!! thank you so much for your concern pet. My mam was in hospital for a few days :( (shes fine) so very busy in and out to her so didnt have the time to post!.

Still doing quite well - sticking ridgid to it anyway!! and have religiously done some exercise each evening :) Started a week ago today and have lost 5 pounds so really happy with that (realised that my ticker is wrong too!) I know the loss will slow but was a lovely boost and incentive to keep going!! :bliss:

Learning a few tricks of the trade too... finding more and more little things that I can eat and that are low. Seems to get easier as you go on.

Thanks again xx hope your doing well..

Nikki, so sorry to hear about your mum, hope everything is okay now. Well done for still managing to stick to the diet and exercising though - so many people would have used that as an excuse to have a break from the diet (myself included). You should really give yourself a pat on the back for that. Impressive weight loss for your first week as well!

Keep up the good work, you'll be down in no time! :D

Back