Nikkis diary

Thank you so much pet xxxx

Hi Nikki, woohooo you have set a date.....or 2 ...lol. At least you know it will be either of them.
Sorry to hear about your mum, hope she is ok now....!
Well done for sticking with the diet.

Good luck and I know you can do it. Unfortunately I waited 30 years before trying and succeeding to lose my baby weight. Wish I had done it sooner but there wasn't Minimins in those days
We will be with you holding your hand
Irene xx

You are very sweet Irene. I really over did it when I was pregnant - used it as an excuse to make a pig out of myself :D I also (obviously) gave up the cigarettes when I found out I was pregnant so that helped to contribute to all the weight gain.. excuses, excuses eh? lol!!

Never to late Irene, maybe 30 years but are'nt you fantastic to make the change now. Think its even more admirable.

The very best of luck!!

Sorry to hear your mum hasnt been well. Glad to hear shes better :)

DOUBLE CONGRATULATIONS on both the wedding and a brilliant weight loss this week.

Its such a boost when you have a good week isnt it :)

yeah, it really is Starlight!. I havent been using my exercise to eat as bonus points, just using them as an extra contribution so hope that will help, have to admit I was wrecked last night and didnt do any at all (felt a bit bad about that) but, I did go for a 3 mile walk this evening to make up for it...

I invested in a lovely ( and very accurate) Weight watchers scales (to weigh myself - not food) so happy with that - it shows down to the half and 3/4s of the pounds which my old one didnt do. Have to admit to been a little obsessive about jumping on the scales every five minutes last week to see how I was doing but have vowed to not touch them until next Tuesday (Starlight - I like your idea of keeping them at your parents house!!)

Doing ok.. have to admit I found it a little hard today, was having a quick cuppa before meeting a friend at lunch when all the guys from the control room brought in dominos pizzas (my absolute, huge weakness) but, I didnt give in and it passed - was quite chuffed with myself for it too! (sad, I know!!:eek: )

LOL at sonkie, yes TWO dates!! I never do things by half!! :D but we did confirm the date of the wedding for the 7th of August next year. This is giving me that push - like anyone, I really dont want to look back on my wedding photos and cringe. I dont want to feel self conscious and frumpy on the day or feel horrible when dress shopping. Want to remember it all with a smile so this is really egging me on (and all of you here obviously!)

Thank you all for your lovely comments ladies!! hope you are all still doing as well xxxxx

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all feeling well!. Still doing ok... went for another 3 mile walk today - OH has been coming with me for company so its being fantastic support.

Feeling a little moody today - motivated and excited, determined one minute and then disheartened at how long its going to take me to loose all the weight the next.... hmm.. I suppose this is normal? God, Im so impatient... always want things NOW!. I look at the pics and hear the astounding stories about huge, rapid weight loss on the very low calorie diets and have to admit that sometimes Im so tempted... could reach my goal in a matter of months and just maintain it with WW once I get there. Thing is I really dont think I could manage a VLCD - I just love my food to much and would dread social occasions where you cant eat and draw so much attention to your diet and weight problem also would hate the questions in work etc.. as find it embarrasing.

I know it probably wouldnt be the way to go for me - I know there is no "quick fix" - I suppose we all dream of waking up thin tomorrow. I know the down sides to VLCDs - It must be so, so hard - I couldnt do it.

To be honest thank God for this wedding - Its really giving me the push to stick to this. Im not finding the diet (the lifestyle!!) difficult - most times am quite enjoying it.. but admittedly, I do have my moments where I think "ah feck this, want a take away" - the thoughts of the wedding stops me.. I dont feel that I have a choice. I HAVE to loose this weight - for a million and one reasons but mainly the wedding (God, so vain) - I have started to diet a 1000 times and always ended up giving in. Now, with the date booked - I HAVE to keep going.

Feeling quite sleepy to be honest - thought all this exercise was supposed to GIVE you energy and that I wouldnt be as tired because all the rubbish food is been excluded. I suppose its very early days?...

Sorry for moaning - thank you all for listening to me!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Im dead impressed at your 3 mile walk!! That would probably kill me lol

I know what you mean about a VLCD Id love to do one for the fast weight loss but know I couldnt. I like my food too much - which is why Im here in the first place lol I like the fact that WW is really re-educating me and changing my eating pattern and the way I look at food.

Your wedding will be the best incentive ever - just think this will be the last time you ever need to start a diet ;)

LOL at sonkie, yes TWO dates!! I never do things by half!! :D but we did confirm the date of the wedding for the 7th of August next year. This is giving me that push - like anyone, I really dont want to look back on my wedding photos and cringe. I dont want to feel self conscious and frumpy on the day or feel horrible when dress shopping. Want to remember it all with a smile so this is really egging me on (and all of you here obviously!)

Thank you all for your lovely comments ladies!! hope you are all still doing as well xxxxx

Woohooooo 7th august 2008 yay the date is set. The day after hubbies birthday. So have you got any ideas for your dress etc, early days yet I know, I always had an idea of what I wanted, though when I started trying on dresses my view changed...lol.

Keep up your hard work, it will pay off.

Hey Nikki I always thought that I could not handle the vlcd as I loved my food too much, which is obvious seeing my start weight. After trying everything and not getting far, I decided to give it a go.......after the first week to 10 days though it really did get easier......I was dreading hungry all the time but being in ketosis you just dont feel hungry, you may crave something or find yourself eyeing food up but its more a habitual thing.

Thanks girls xxx

Sonkie, what do you do in social situations - if you have to go out for dinner or even do you face alot of questions from people?

Didnt do any exercise yesterday or today (so far anyway) so bit disapointed in myself there.. was just soooooo tired at the end of the week (excuses, eh!)​
Felt like rubbish yesterday, hated the "diet" - was exhausted tired, hungry, moody - thought I was supposed to feel better when eating better but didnt. I didnt give in though.
Realised I didnt have much choice in the house or anything "exciting" and low fat to eat when looking for a snack - so found myself not eating anything too high and getting cranky and feeling all of the above. So, I went to my beloved tesco today and did a huge shop. Cupboards are now filled with lovely, varied, low fat bits and bobs and I feel better. As Starlight said on another thread, now that I know the stuff is available to me I dont seem to want it anymore!!.

I have to admit I did go one point over today (first time I did this) - I calculated wrong and had an options hot chocolate - looking over my tracker again and realised I was over. Know its probably silly but a bit worried now! - can I just eat one less point tomorrow now to make up for it? im sure I can as its just saving points in reverse? plus I did do quite a bit of exercise this week but didnt count any of it as bonus points - so do you think it will be ok? --- God, Im such a worrier!!

Anyway, I feel loads better today. Have been good this week about staying away from the scales but have to admit do find it hard sometimes not to have a quick peak. Going to weigh myself Tuesday morning, nervous already!!

Hope you are all having a good week xx​

Thank you pet, your very good...

Thanks girls xxx

Sonkie, what do you do in social situations - if you have to go out for dinner or even do you face alot of questions from people?
Hope you are all having a good week xx

Actually I have been fine, if anyone asks I will say im dieting and most people are really interested and think I am great for sticking to it....! I have yet to go out for dinner as I dont go out too much, but I would have my drink before I go and just stick to drinks of water....!
Hubby`s family are big party peepz and throw a party for any reason they can think of, They do ask if I want anything but if I say no they do take it as my answer whereas before they always pushed you to eat more and drink more.

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Im in great form today - feel really motivated and excited! - read about Starlights loss so that really gave me an extra push. I went for a 4.2 mile walk today - country road, mostly up hill - have to admit it nearly killed me!!! :eek: at one point near the end I actually thought I was going to die! -- but the feeling of "ive done some good exercise today" afterwards is brilliant.

Im planning to go out next Saturday night so am going to save hard this week - we have'nt been out in a good while so Im looking forward to it... is it right that a vodka is 1 point? (will mix with diet 7up) - Im a devil for having a takeaway after a nights drinking so thats the only thing im worrying about... might have a ww meal and a few ww cookies or something waiting for when I get home - is that the best idea? or any other suggestions? - just really dont want this to effect my diet.

Feeling great today!! (long may it last :) )

well done nikki you done great -

XX KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK XX

Thanks Anntext, Sparkle and Starlight!!!!!!! xxx
I might invest in one of those t-shirts too, I always seem to be agreeing with you Star!! lol!

Sonkie, I know the feeling - my mother in law (to be) would practically force feed you ( do I look like I need it :D )

You must have FANTASTIC will power sonkie. I really doubt I could do it. Well done!!. Do you have a diary? cos I havent seen it? nose, nose, nose...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back