Nikkis diary

Thanks Marie - hmm yeah, I think your right - chinese is probably the best idea and OH loves it and will more than likely want one at the end of the night.. so probably the best choice... going to go and have a look at all the points you listed in the chinese takeaway thread... thanks again xx hope you are having a good week (after your session friday :D ) your weigh in is tomorrow, isnt it? will have a peak tomorrow eve - fingers crossed for you xxxx

I really must see about getting those Tshirts made, sounds like I could be sitting on a lucrative business ;)

Youre doing really well Nikki, a walk like that would kill me!!

Id go with what Marie suggested and opt for Chinese - definitely safest :)

Hello Ladies! - hope you are all well!

I have'nt been online for a few days - my mother has'nt been well again - she was in hospital 3 weeks ago for a week - she had a very irregular heartbeat and very high blood pressure (which apparantly contradicts itself) so had a series of tests etc.. they didnt find the exact problem and sent her home after a week with heart tablets...
she is allergic to so many things and felt that the tablets were'nt agreeing with her... she went to her GP last Tuesday and he gave her a letter to admitt and to go straight back into hospital... We spent 6 hours in A & E (after 3 different doctors and 1 nurse told her she would definately be staying in) when a young doctor came around and sent her home with a "different" tablet - (I thought, as she was allergic to previous one she would need to be monitored but hey, what do I know)
Anyway, we realised a few days later that he had just given her the exact same tablets, just in a clear plastic... hmm - Irish fecking health service, hey? :mad:
She looked very pale last night and was upset - her heart was "fluttering" like crazy and she said she was scared so I made her go in again - went in at half 8, had to stay in A & E and have bloods taken, x ray, etc (procedure...) and they admitted her and said she should have never been let out in the first place!!! :mad: - I didnt get out of hospital til 3 this morn and had to work at 9 so was wrecked and worrying didnt help but at least I work in the same hospital so Im able to tip up and down to her. Thanks to everyone for their lovely messages on this before xxx

Ok, so on a more positive note I have lost SIX POUNDS this week!!! - on WW exactly 2 weeks today and have lost a total of 11 lbs......... is this possible? I know this will level off and I will start to loose alot less weekly but I found it so unbelievable that I was doubting if my (new) scales are correct or not!! thrilled with that!!

Also really happy (God.. wait for it... this is SO sad) because of brilliant information from the very lovely Anne Marie - I have discovered that I can still have my (fave) dominos takeaway every now and then!!!!!!:) made my day as I thought they were out the window as I am now "dieting" but only 2 and 1/2 points per slice!! woo hoo! (I really need to get out more) so saving points this week for a nice pig out this weekend!!!!!!!!

I did manage (before my mam felt really bad) last night to do 20 mins on the cross trainer. Doubt Ill do any exercise tonight to be honest as have migrane today (eased off loads - took half day from work) and Im wrecked so going to just be good to myself and take it easy.

Hope you are all having a great week!! xxxx

(fingers crossed for Bethanys weigh in tomorrow)

Hi Nikki

Im so sorry to hear about your mum it sounds as though she has been messed about I do hope she goes on ok i know how you must feel at least she is in the right place and once they get her sorted out she will be fine . At least if you are in the same block as her you will be able to keep having alook on how she is.

I saw your weightloss results you have done well losing 6lbs what have you done to lose that are you just on the points I go tommorow night to get weighed wonder what mine is this week with going out to a 80th birthday meal .

Anyway Nikki take care and hope your mum goes on ok too
:)

awww Bethany - thank you so much for your kind words - really appreciate it.

I have to admit I am delighted with this weeks loss... I bet you will do every bit as well - dont worry about the 80th - you didnt go mad - and you did save for it. You will be fine.

I dont know what I did to loose it to be honest - just stuck to my points (isnt WW fab) but did exercise - went for two 3mile walks, one 4mile walk and did about 30mins on cross trainer last week - I didnt use these bonus points as extra food - just put them as an extra boost - this might have been it - I dont know - did you cycle to work this week at all?

:wow: Well done on an amazing result this week!! No wonder youre so chuffed and rightly so!!

Im so glad your mum is on the mend, what a totally stressful time for you :(

Dont go having too many of those pizzas ;) Ive given up the take away ones and buy the Tesco or Asda thin crust freshly made ones, they really satisfy my pizza craving and are only 7 points for half a pizza (depending on the topping mind you)

Heres to another fabulous week!! :)

Thanks Starlight!! xx

Do think one a fortnight or so would be ok providing it is within my points... hmm.. was wondering about that as it is still junk food.. what do you think?

Hi Nikki
I have not biked yet to work maybe tommorow if the weather is ok it must have been the walk you did and the exercise on the cross trainer. Yes nikki ww is good because you dont have to deprive yourself of anything ive got a exercise bike might start using that and see if the weight comes of allot faster its just getting motivated to do it hun.
Are we still going to be buddys

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear your mum is having such a horrendous time of it:(

Sending prayers and hope she will be feeling much better soon.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss 6lbs.:clap: :clap: :clap:

What ever your doing keep on doing it!!!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear your mum is having such a horrendous time of it:(

Sending prayers and hope she will be feeling much better soon.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss 6lbs.:clap: :clap: :clap:

What ever your doing keep on doing it!!!

Love Mini xxx

Mini - thank you so much - your very sweet xx

God I hope that happens to be Starlight!:D love my junk!! although, I do know what you mean - my friend in work is trying to eat healthy but she had a McDonalds the other day and felt so sick and headachey afterwards!!.....

Thank you so much Marie!. :)

Not having the best day today - took a days annual leave (was so tired from Monday night), but being at home all day found myself snacking an awful lot more - used all my points already! :(
Finding it a little difficult today - really feeling like binging out (so, so much) - so to distract myself Ive been hoping on and off the cross trainer for a few mins to take my mind off it and do something positive. (your going to laugh but have put on programmes about obese people to encourage myself)

have to admit - Ive went one point over today :mad: but I intend to eat one less tomorrow to make up for it (bit annoyed with myself).
hmmm.. hope I have a better day tomorrow.

My mother is still in hospital, but she is feeling loads better and she is quite positive as she has changed to a well known excellent doctor who is commited to finding out exactly whats wrong with her. Was in with her for a few hours this evening and she looks loads better. They did say that she will probably be staying in for a good while - until they get to the root of the problem anyway. Thank you so much for all your lovely messages.

OH is just after making himself a lovely bowl of popcorn. Grrrr!! :mad: :jelous:

Does everyone get like this every now and then? - really finding it hard today. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Marie - as I said earlier - what would I do without you!! thanks a million - you speak so much sense....

So, I gave in :mad: and went over my points by FIVE :( but I have promised myself that I will pay them back over the next 2 days..... hope it wont effect my weight loss next Tuesday. fingers crossed. Just found it way too hard tonight and have to admit that I do feel better now by having a bit of a munch.

Hope you all have fab weigh ins tomorrow.xx

Thanks Starlight xx

I woke up this morning with two little wet, sloppy lips stuck to mine, kissing me, little arms around my neck followed by "I love you mama, ok?" - how could that not be the perfect start to any day??:)

Did way better today - am full to the brim now and still have 4 points - going to save these so I will only owe one more (dont want to go into the weekend owing points - you know how it is - love a bit of a treat night Friday or Saturday)
Found it so much easier - been in work today - not snacking. Yesterday, when I was off, I just picked and picked.....

Havent managed to do any exercise today to be honest - quite lazy this week, plus with my mam in hospital its been late by the time I get home and just too tired!!. Will probably go for a nice long walk at the weekend to try contribute something.

I bought a slendertone with good intentions after my little princess was born but to be honest the novelty faded after a few uses and it was thrown in the back of the cupboard.
I rooted it out last night and put it on for a half an hour - I didnt use it for long enough the last time to see any effects or benefits so im not sure. Has anyone had any experience using one? do they actually work? or are they a complete waste of time?

Hope you are all having a good week!!:)

Awwww that sounds a lovely wake up call. I love when Im staying at my mums and my niece is there. Usually Ive come off a night shift so need a few hours sleep. She does regular checks, wakes me to ask if I need anything lol and sorts my duvet, its SO cute I just cant be annoyed.

Ive got a Slendertone thing somewhere... think I used it once - I really should dig it out - Id forgotten all about it

Glad to hear youve had a good day today - and youve almost cancelled out that 'overspend' from yesterday, even better :)

Ah Starlight - she asks you do you need anything??? that is so so sweet!!

Go on Starlight - pull out yours and we'll post the results together (if any!!) surely it does work? my tummy muscles (they are in there somewhere!) felt like they had been worked last night.

Shes 18 months Marie - she is such a little dote - so, so affectionate!! - her daddy leaves for work 5 minutes before we do and she stood at the door this morning, when he got in the car, shouting "I love you daddy!!! I love you" - he just had to stop the car and come back into her.

Get so funny at this age - you know yourself - once you have kids, your days of going to the bathroom on your own are gone - when I flush the toilet, she looks really sad and says "bye-bye wee wees, bye!"

How old is your little girl?

Ah Starlight - she asks you do you need anything??? that is so so sweet!!

Go on Starlight - pull out yours and we'll post the results together (if any!!) surely it does work? my tummy muscles (they are in there somewhere!) felt like they had been worked last night.

Shes 18 months Marie - she is such a little dote - so, so affectionate!! - her daddy leaves for work 5 minutes before we do and she stood at the door this morning, when he got in the car, shouting "I love you daddy!!! I love you" - he just had to stop the car and come back into her.

Get so funny at this age - you know yourself - once you have kids, your days of going to the bathroom on your own are gone - when I flush the toilet, she looks really sad and says "bye-bye wee wees, bye!"

How old is your little girl?

Im usually tempted to tell her I need some peace and quiet but couldnt lol She has us all wrapped round her little finger. She was out with my mum yesterday, looking for rabbits at the site they were at. She took her sandwich with her and after a while, handed my mum a bit as my mum took it and popped it in her mouth Emma announced she was sorry it wasnt a bigger bit but she forgot to share and was sorry that bit had been in her mouth - ooohhh lucky mum lol

Ill dig out my Slendertone and get batteries for it - start on Monday? Thats my next days off :)

Monday! excellent!!! will be great to have someone doing it too. thanks!:)

Your niece sounds hilarious :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I tipped into shopping centre today to buy my mother a few new pyjamas - nipped to the centres toilet (very crowded) and a little girl (around 3) went into a cubicle with her mummy - she must have been toilet training and used to all the praise because all of a sudden she exclaimed (in a very loud voice) "WELL DONE MAMMY - YOU DID A HUUUUGE POO POO" ............. Oh God, the mortification!! :eek: that poor poor woman!!!

Back