Total Solution Nikki's Diary

nikkij

Ok here's my diary, i'm hoping that this will keep me accountible and stop me cheating.

I ordered the bumper pack and so I'm going to do 100% for the next 3 weeks up until my daughter's Christening, I will definately be having the day off for the Christening, then back on Exante until a mates wedding on the 2nd Aug. My main goal is to get 3 stone off in three months but those 2 big events plus my birthday on the 20th June are going to interupt things, but I'm prepared for that.

I had a bit of a funny start because I planned to start on Sunday but i had such a horrible hangover from a Jubilee BBQ that I felt too sick to start and change my start date to Monday (which will be my weigh in date too). I ordered the pack but held off from starting until then and in the week leading up to starting I some how managed to lose 4lbs anyway. I must have got myself in the right frame of mind but I did not consciously try to lose anything so that was a bonus!

I'm now on day 3 being 100% and even stuck with it at another Jubilee party on Tuesday, so quite proud of that!

Before starting I was 12st 7lb, but lost that 4lbs so my official start weight is 12st 3lb, I want to get down to 9st 7lb in the next 3 months.

I have found the packs are not all that nice but they are edible and I probably will get used to them. I find the shakes and soup a bit too thick and sticky and the bars are too dry. But I've got into my little routine and all is well. I haven't felt that hungry and if I do get panges I just have a glass of water. One thing I have noticed though is how tired I am, I have 3 kids under 6 and I think my energy levels are taking a hit, but I'm just going to try getting to bed earlier.

I'm trying not to go on the scales so I will update here on my next weigh in date Monday 11th June.

:)

Hey nikki

Welcome! Day 3 is rough! I felt a bit crappy on day 4 too but only until the evening then felt better.

You sound like you are doing really well and are in the right frame of mind.

Tomorrow I do my first weekly weigh in! I'm slightly nervous but hoping for a good result.

Keep up the good work!! You will get used to the packs, make sure you experiment with the amount of water do you get to know what suits you.

Good luck! X

hi nikki and welcome, you sound like you are in the zone it does get easier after the first few days just keep up with the water:7834: it does help. add more water to your shakes and see if they taste better for you.
good luck with your journey xx

Hi Nikki and welcome. Good luck on your Exante journey :hug99: xx

Hi Guys thanks for your comments, I haven't had time to update on here over the past few days so here's how it has gone.

I have added more water to the shakes and soups and find them much better now, maybe I've just got use to it but I do actually enjoy the shakes now and some of the soups, I suppose that's the problem with ordering the bumper pack, that there are bound to be some flavours you don't like.

I was feeling fine until day 4, firstly I woke up at about 4.30am and was starving, I was considering getting up for a glass of water but I was too tired and tried to get back to sleep, I managed it too until my 6 yr old came in at about 5.30am thinking it was time to get up, so after chasing him back to bed there wasn't much chance of getting back to sleep before the baby woke up, so all day I was really tired and I just couldn't stop thinking about food, it was driving me mad. I didn't give in though I stuck with exante 100%, I had to really try to distract myself and kept well out of the kitchen. Then after doing such a good job on day 4 I went to visit my nan on day 5 and she is terrible for trying to feed everyone, she just wouldn't let me get away with not eating anything so I did give in and managed to get away with a bowl of salad and a few bits of ham.

My husband hasn't been much help either he got him and the kids a take away on Friday and the smell was driving me mad. I have felt like giving in loads of times but just keep focusing on my baby's Christening in 2 weeks and that is enough to keep me straight. I have also been looking through photos from before I had any babies and seeing how much better I looked when I was at my goal weight, so that helps too.

I have been back to 100% since and I'm on day 6 now waiting for my weekly weigh in tomorrow, I have cheated a bit on the weigh in though - couldn't resist checking out on the scales each day - it is a bit of an addiction. But I'm going to try not to do it in the week ahead.

I am also going to add some exercise starting this week, I want to build some lean muscle so that when I get to the end of my diet I can keep the weight off.

----------------------------------

Hey Gigglepants - it looks like we're aiming for the same goal, are you doing 100% or the working solution? Have you been adding exercise? Can't wait until I see 10st on the scales :)

Nikki

Good afternoon Nikki. Wow well done for staying on track these past few challenging days! :hug99: xx

You'll soon see 10st, this has to be the best diet ever! There are quite a few of us aiming for 9st 7 :D

I'm doing 100% though if ever I am struggling I will have either a low carb snack (meat/egg and salad) or an extra shake or bar.

Quite a few of us have bought a Smoothie 2go to make iced shakes (think a McD's shake and it's very similar) and if there's a Tesco near you, we can have their "Ultraslim" bars and the raspberry one is to die for! £2.99 for 3, I don't have one every day, but they're handy to keep as a treat now and then or instead of one of your packs.

I wear a pedometer and try to get in 12000 steps a day, and also treated myself to a hula hoop! I still can't do it, but I figure attempting to hula hoop for 5-7 mins a day must still count as exercise!!

Busybusy and Shoebedoo are the ones to advise you on exercise I think.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, look forward to seeing how you've done

Afternoon Nikki, well done for sticking with it can't wait to see the results tomorrow! make sure you drink loads of water so you don't feel hungry, xx

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice and support.

I did my weigh in this morning and I lost 4lbs this week. It's a little bit disappointing because lots of others have bigger losses in the first week, but it is still within my target range if I can lose 4lbs a week for the whole 12 weeks.

Any ideas why my weight loss is slower? I'm thinking maybe because I lost 4lbs before starting exante so really this is my second week? The other thing I was thinking was about the way the body goes into 'starvation mode' and keeps hold of all the calories it can?? I don't know but I think I will have to add in some exercise, I really want to push this further.

Also I've been looking through other peoples progress and everyone seems to slow down in their weight loss from about 4 weeks in, I know that week 4 is a 'add food' week but I wonder why the weight loss doesn't pick up again in week 5? Would it be better to eat normally for a week then re-start to get that initial fast loss? Has anyone tried that?

Nikki x

Hi Nikki I am just coming too the end of my add a meal week and i really feel as though i haven't lost anything this week, tomorrow is my weigh day so we will see then i have stuck to green salad and egg, chicken or tuna so absolutely no carbs so i don't know why i shouldn't of lost but i guess some people lose at different rates, don't get me wrong i am delighted with my losses so far but don't understand what add a meal week is all about:confused:
keep up the good work as you are doing fab xx

Back