Nikki's food diary!!

Saturday 5th Have used 95.5 syns so far.

Breakfast -- Alpen light bar (1/2 heb), banana, and a muller light.

Lunch -- Penne with homemade bolognese sauce.

Dinner -- Steak fried in frylight with 1/2 pack co-op mini jacket potatoes stuffed with garlic butter (2.5 syns) and green beans.
Chopped up apple and banana with a toffee mullerlight.
Alpen light bar (other half of heb).

Last edited:
A bit behind with my food diary, was away at weekend with daughters skating lessons, and when we got home sunday night internet wasn't working, so just got back online last night.

Sunday 6th

Breakfast -- At rink so 2 alpen lights (heb) , 1 banana and a mullerlight.

Lunch -- Baked potato with spicy chicken and sweetcorn from spud u like. No idea of syns.

Snack -- Co-op chicken and pasta salad (4 syns), grapes.

Dinner -- Slimming world chips, beans and "fried" egg.

Monday 7th

Breakfast -- 2 wholemeal toast(heb)with hard boiled egg.

Lunch -- Stir fried veg with boiled rice and soy sauce.

Dinner -- Shepherds pie ( 1 syn) and peas.

Tuesday 8th Weigh day!! Lost another 4lbs so thats 9 in total.

Breakfast -- 2 wholemeal toast (heb) with tesco HL bacon and boiled egg.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and salad.

Dinner -- Spaghetti carbonara made with 2 egg yolks, 2 tbsp of elmlea single cream(2 syns) and parmesan (hea).

Wednesday 9th Still doing EE.

Breakfast -- Nothing too busy

Lunch -- Roast pork + gravy (3 syns),frylight potatoes, sweetcorn and cabbage.

Dinner -- Homemade chicken kiev ( 2 syns for the breadcrumbs), new potatoes,sweetcorn,carrots and broccoli.
Homemade rice pudding (hea for the milk).

2 slices of melon and a small bunch of grapes.

Last edited:
Thursday 10th

Breakfast -- nothing no time

Lunch -- Boiled rice with veg through it.

Dinner -- 1 spring roll (8 syns), half a chicken fried rice (4 syns) and a few prawn crackers (15 syns). 1 bottle red wine (27 syns).

Total 54 syns. Total for week so far 62 syns.

Friday 11th, started great,ended in disaster!! lol

Breakfast -- 2 wholemeal toast (heb) with tesco HL bacon and a boiled egg.

Lunch -- Boiled rice with veg and a bit of soy sauce.

Snacks -- 2 bananas, 1 apple and an alpen light bar ( 3syns).

Dinner -- Pizza with sausage from local italian ,2 pieces of garlic bread and a glass of red wine!! Oh dear!!. Scared to think about the syns in that lot, but never mind will be extra good till weigh in on tuesday so hopefully will either sts or maybe lose 1lb.

Saturday 12th

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal bread (heb) with 2 slices of ham, 1 shape yogurt.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and salad.

Dinner -- Is going to be spaghetti with tomato and mushroom sauce and some parmesan(hea).

Will try to stick to free foods until weigh in, might minimize damage done yesterday.

Well so much for the free food only!! I've just had a slice of wholemeal toast with flora and a funsize milkyway!! To be honest could have been much worse, for the last 3 hours all i have wanted to do is eat!! Really felt like having a binge but stopped at the toast and milky way,will check out the syns later. Going to be really annoyed with myself on tuesday if i have put on.
Right i make that 7.5 syns.

Last edited:
Sunday 13th

OMG what a disaster, unfortunately the wanting to binge feeling didn't go away and i've just had the biggest pig out for 4 weeks. TOTM is due so maybe it's that,but i've eaten so much high fat food today its unreal.
I do generally struggle with weekends but have been ok since restarting SW 4 weeks ago. I have to take daughter 400 miles to edinburgh every friday night for skating lessons on saturday and sunday and was just not organised at all with food this week and the worst thing is i didn't care, will probably care on tuesday when i have a gain!!

Breakfast -- 2 alpen lights and a shape yogurt.

Lunch -- Fish and chips from Harry Ramsdens.

Dinner -- 1/2 a Chicken mohanwallah and pilau rice and 1 popadom form local indian, and 2 glasses of red wine.

Snacks -- Handfull of mini oreos, half a twix and some sweet chilli walkers sensations.

Monday the 14th Sept. Back on the staight and narrow!! lol

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb), with 2 boiled eggs.

Lunch -- Salmon fillet with new potatoes and sweetcorn.

Dinner -- Homemade lasagne made with xtra lean mince etc and a sachet of white sauce + 1/2 pint skimmed milk. Works out (2.5 syns) a portion, will also add a hea of cheese to each portion.
Had some SW chips and peas with my lasagne.

Just made the Strawberry slices from the little cookbook that was free with the magazine this month, looks nice,i'm not a huge fan of quark but fingers crossed it is good.
Will report back later.

Well just had a slice of the strawberry cake and it was pretty good, i cut mine into 8 instead of 10 so is (2.5 syns) per slice and i had 2 tbsp of squirty cream with it (0.5 syns).

So syns for the day 5.5.

Last edited:
Well amazingly only put on 1/2 a pound this week, after all the takeaways i had last week i really expected it to be much worse, so quite relieved!! Definately sticking to it properly this week though.

Breakfast -- 2 slices of wholemeal toast with 1 silce of ham and a boiled egg.

Lunch -- Homemade veg soup, salmon fillet with cold new potatoes and salad.

Snack -- Tomato mug shot.

Dinner --Beef stew with carrot,turnip, stock and 1 tbsp cornflour 3.5 syns, so my share is ( 1.5 syns).

Last edited:
Wednesday 16th Still doing EE.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast ( heb) with ham and tomatoes.

Lunch -- Lasagne leftover from other night ( hea + 2.5 syns) , with a few frylight potatoes. 1 apple.

Dinner - Ainsley harriott spice sensation couscous and a birds eye simply salmon fillet, 3 mini corn on the cobs with 2 tsp of flora light ( 2 syns).
Had a piece of my strawberry cake and 2 tbsps of elmlea squirty cream ( 3.5 syns)

Syns so far this week 15.

Last edited:
Thursday 17th EE

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with 2 slices of tesco HL bacon and tomato.

Lunch -- Tesco light choices chicken with herb dumplings and root veg meal (4 syns) and some frylight roast ptoatoes.

Dinner -- Fusilli with sauce made from tomatoes,onion,chilli, peppers and chicken.
6 melba toasts and 28g cheddar (hea).

Mini milk (1.5 syns). Shape yogurt, and a few sw crisps,which i know aren't really free but i only have them once a fortnight or so and then just a few so am not synning them.

Last edited:
Friday 18th EE.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholmeal bread (heb) with 2 slices of tesco hl bacon.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and cheese (hea).

Dinner -- Pancake roll ( 8 syns) ,Beef in black bean sauce with fried rice from chinese (9 syns) Prawn crackers (9 syns).
Red wine ( 36 syns).
Toffee crisp small bar ( 5 syns).
Half a wispa gold (6 syns).

Total 88 syns so far for the week.

Last edited:

Saturday 19th September EE.

Breakfast -- 2 extra lean sausages from local butcher, beans and a poached egg. 2 slices of wholemeal toast (heb).

Lunch -- Homemade courgette and potato soup, a shape yogurt and a banana.

Monday 21st EE

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with 1 boiled egg.

Lunch -- Baked potato with egg mayo (1 syn), and salad. 1 banana.

Dinner -- Chicken and mushroom risotto,with parmesan ( hea).
Shape yogurt,1 peach, 1 apple.
2 finger kit kat caramel (5.5 syns).

Tuesday 22nd EE , weigh day, lost the 1/2 lb i gained last week but that was all, own fault i had too much wine,pizza and a large bag of popcorn over the weekend.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with egg mayo ( 1 syn).

Lunch -- Baked potato with ww coronation tuna (2 syns) and salad. 1 Apple, 2 slices of melon and a few grapes.

Dinner -- Extra lean pork sausages from butcher, mash and beans.
Strawberries with quark and 1/2 an options sachet (1 syn).
Cup of black tea and a small toffee crisp (5 syns).

Last edited:
Wednesday 23rd EE.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal bread (heb) with 1 egg and tomato.

Lunch -- Pasta with tesco light choices tomato sauce (3 syns) and half fat cheddar (hea). 1 apple.

Dinner -- Britmums lemon chilli chicken with vegetable rice.
Also made britmums squidgy choc cake, was very nice, had a 3rd of it (3 syns), with the rest of my choc quark (1 syn) and strawberries.

22.5 syns so far.

Last edited:
Thursday 24th EE.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with 2 laughing cow ( 1/2 hea) and tomato.

Lunch -- Roast beef ,gravy ( 3 syns) 1 yorkshire pudding (5.5 syns) carrots, cauli and frylight potatoes.

Dinner -- Chicken chow mein (0.5 syns).

Snacks -- Morrisons pasta n sauce (2 syns). 3 WW garlic dough balls (4.5 syns).

28 syns used so far this week.

Last edited:
Friday 25th EE.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with laughing cow (1/2 hea) and tomato.

Lunch -- Salmon kebab ,boiled rice ,sweetcorn and broccoli.

Dinner -- 1/2 a portion of wontons (8 syns), 1/3 beef and chilli +garlic sauce with boiled rice (2 syns).
1/2 a bottle of wine (13 syns).

Total syns so far 51.

Back