Nikki's food diary!!

Saturday 26th EE .

Breakfast -- 2 slices grilled lean bacon, 1 poached egg and beans. 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb).

Lunch -- nothing

Dinner -- M & S burger (6.5 syns), white roll (7.5 syns), oven chips (8 syns).
Lemon meringue pie (10 syns) and cream (5 syns).

88 syns so far.

Sunday 27th EE.

Breakfast -- Roll and bacon (heb) but bacon was probably fried.

Lunch -- Picked at bits and pieces, was away at a skating competition, so probably have gone over my syns now.( Half a cheese sandwich, a few salt and vinegar sticks and a milky way)

Dinner -- Steak cooked in frylight,salad and potatoes roasted in frylight.
4 glasses of wine (18 syns).

107 syns without the lunch bits, not great but there is never anything healthy in ice rink cafes and when i am away all weekend i can't take enough stuff with me. This is becoming a problem diet wise as i have to take daughter away every single weekend for either lessons or competitions.
Any advise would be appreciated. I know i could not drink any wine at all and that would maybe balance the syns out a bit , but i really enjoy a few glasses of wine at the weekend after a week at work, especially if i am away with a few other mums. Help please!!!!!

Ok totally lost the plot last week , hence the no posting of diary. Was my birthday last tuesday and i went out for dinner, then i just slid into a week of eating anything and everything !!Lol Mcdonalds, fish and chips, pizza, trip to cinema complete with popcorn etc.....you get the picture. Anyway must get a grip this week and get back on plan!!
5th october EE

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with 2 boiled eggs.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans,salad and 1 apple and a satsuma.

Snack -- 2 bananas and a mug shot.

Dinner -- Is going to be linguine with bolognese sauce (1 syn for a dash red wine in sauce).Parmesan (hea).
Shape yogurt.

Supper -- 2 morrisons eat smart sausages and a few syn free potato wedges (3 syns for some cheese seasoning).1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn).

Swam 40 lengths of local pool.
5 syns used.

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th

Breakfast -- 2 morrisons syn free sausages, 1 egg and 3 slices wholemeal toast (heb) +(3.5 syns).

Lunch -- Left over spag bol from last night (1 syn). 1 apple.

Dinner -- Chicken breast with syn free bbq sauce and hea of cheese on top, sw chips and sweetcorn.

Snacks -- 5 melba toasts (2.5 syns), and a 99 cal toffee crisp (5 syns).

12 syns today.

Last edited:
7th oct EE

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with grilled tomatoes.

Lunch -- Salmon kebabs (6 syns),frylight roasties and sweetcorn. 1 tbsp xta light mayo (0.5 syns).

Dinner -- Going to have 2 or 3 morrisons syn free sausages with egg, beans and frylight chips.

Snack -- Coffee and a 99 cal toffee crisp (5 syns).

Last edited:
Ok haven't kept my food diary for nearly a month coz i haven't really stuck to plan for that time.School broke up on the 9th of oct for nearly 3 weeks and i just lost the plot!!! I am not good when i am off work and have no routine, i also went away for a week so ate everything in sight!!
So here i go,starting afresh yet again. Weighed myself yesterday and of the 10lbs i had lost i have put 5 back on,was just relieved it wasn't the full 10!! Going to try and be 100% between now and xmas.

Monday 2nd November Extra easy

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) and tomato.Banana.

Lunch -- Birds eye roast beef in gravy ( 0.5 syns) frylight roasties,cauli and carrots.Apple and satsuma.

Snack -- Sweet and sour mug shot.

Dinner -- Roast chicken,frylight roasties,carrots,cabbage,peas and bisto gravy (1.5 syns).Apple,satsuma.

Supper -- Rice pudding made with hea of skimmed milk.

Tuesday 3rd Extra easy.

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast(heb) with tomatoes and 2 light laughin cow triangles ( 1/2 hea).Banana.

Lunch -- Savoury rice and 2 slices chicken.Apple and satsuma.

Dinner -- Chicken and vegetable risotto with white wine (1 syn) and 14g of parmesan (other 1/2 hea).
Shape yogurt,apple and some grapes.

Last edited:
Wednesday 4th EE

Breakfast -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with tomato.

Lunch -- 3 sausages,( 9 syns) frylight roasties and spaghetti hoops. 1 apple.

Snack -- Left over risotto from last night.

Dinner -- Salmon fillet, roasted veg and couscous. Shape yogurt.

Totally forgot about my food diary over the last few days,just been really busy at work and with daughter. Lost 2lbs this week,so not too bad, as had quite a lot of wine on friday night (ooooppss!).

Monday 9th Nov EE

No breakfast - 4 people off sick so too busy!

Lunch -- Baked potato with cheese (hea) and salad.

Dinner -- Homemade leek and potato soup. Shepherds pie (3 syns for gravy granules) and beans.
Banana baked with 1/2 a curlywurly inside. (3 syns). I haven't counted syns for the banana as it wasn't really cooked just warm,so hope that is ok.

Supper -- 1(heb) of the tesco wholemeal roll mix that is now a heb with tomato and ham,an activia yogurt and an apple.

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th Nov EE

No time for brekkie again.

Lunch -- Shepherds pie left over from last night (3 syns) and peas.1 banana and an activia yogurt.

Dinner -- Chicken breast stuffed with garlic and herb philly (2 syns) and wrapped in bacon, frylight chips and a huge salad with 1 tbsp tecso xtra light mayo (1/2 syn).
M & S cou choc mousse (4 syns) with raspberries and blackberries.

Supper -- 1 (heb) wholemeal roll,with boiled egg and ham.
Highlights hot choc (2 syns) made with (hea) skimmed milk. Very yummy much more chocolatey than i thought it would be.

Last edited:
Wed 11th EE

Breakfast -- Banana

Lunch -- Baked potato with egg mayo (1 syn) and salad. 1 pear.

Dinner -- Pasta with mushrooms,broccoli and chicken with (3 syns) of philly stirred in and 28g of parmesan (hea).

Snack -- 2 alpen lights (heb) and a highlights hot choc (2 syns).

Monday 16th

Breakfast -- Banana

Lunch -- 2 sausages (6 syns) ,frylight roasties, sweetcorn and a little gravy (2 syns). Yogurt.

Dinner -- Roast beef with mash,sprouts,carrots and broccoli and gravy (2 syns). Yogurt.

Snack -- 2 wholemeal toast (hea) with 2 morrisons eat smart sausages and tomato. Options hot choc (2 syns) made with (hea) of milk.

Last edited:
Tuesday 17th EE

Breakfast -- Banana and activia yogurt.

Lunch -- Noodles with mushrooms and 1/2 tbsp of asda noodle seasoning (1 syn).

Dinner -- Mushy pea curry with chicken and boiled rice.

Supper -- Will be 2 wholemeal toast with egg mayo (1 syn) and tomato. Coffee made with hea of milk.
Milky way (6 syns).

Last edited:
Wed 18th Still doing EE

Breakfast -- 2 syn free morrisons sausages with low fat supernoodles. Strange i know,but it was 11am!!

Lunch -- Small bowl of pasta bolognaise.

Dinner -- Chicken breast with syn free bbq sauce and 1 tbsp of sweet chilli on top (1.5 syns). Topped off with my hea of chees, and sw chips, 2 mini corn on the cobs + 1 tsp flora xtra lite (0.5 syns).
Sugar free jelly and a squirt of cream (3 syns).

Supper - 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with a scrape of xtra light mayo(0.5 syns), ham and tomato. 1 curlywurly (6 syns).

Last edited:
Thursday 19th EE

Breakfast -- Banana and a yogurt.

Snack -- Eat smart tomato pasta (1.5 syns).

Lunch -- Low fat super noodles.

Dinner -- 2 syn free sausages,2 slices of lean bacon, beans, 2 bird eye waffles (5 syns) and a "fried" egg.
WW yogurt and 1 apple.

Supper -- 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with ham and tomato and 2 laughing cow (part of hea).
Egg custard (other part of hea).

Last edited:
Friday 20th EE

Breakfast -- 3 egged omelette, banana and a ww yogurt.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and cheese (hea).

Dinner -- Pasta with tomato sauce, birds eye black pepper chicken fillet (4 syns).

Supper -- 2 slices wholemeal (heb) toast with ham.

Snacks -- Bag of walkers baked (5.5 syns).

Whole pack of microwave popcorn (24.5 syns).

Last edited:
Saturday 21st EE

Breakfast -- Lean bacon and scrambled eggs, 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb).

Lunch -- Macaroni cheese from tescos cafe (3000 syns?).

Dinner -- Chicken fried rice from chinese (8 syns) and 2 glasses wine (12 syns).

I've used 92 syns so far not counting the macaroni. I'm just going to draw a line under the macaroni and not worry about it.I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sunday 22nd Green

Breakfast -- 2 egged omelette, ww yogurt and a banana.

Lunch -- Pasta with broccoli,mushrooms and 1/2 a pack of schwartz garlic mushroom sauce (2.5 syns) made with 150 mls of skimmed milk (1/2 hea).

Dinner -- Lentil soup, homemade pizza made from tesco bread mix (2 heb) with low fat mozzerella (hea) and sweetcorn and mushrooms.
Mullerlight.

Options (2 syns) made with (1/2 hea).

Last edited:
Monday 23rd EE

Breakfast -- Banana and 1 apple.

Lunch -- Mashed potato,peas and carrots with tiny bit of mince. Apple.

Dinner -- Lentil soup, Roast beef,mash potato, mixed veg, broccoli ,2 yorkshire puddings ( 5 syns) and gravy (2 syns).

Supper -- 2 alpen lights (heb).

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th green

Breakfast -- Banana and a yogurt.

Lunch -- Veg soup, some plain boiled rice and green beans. (I bought a tin of veg chilli to have with my rice but it was rank!! lol).
1 apple.

Dinner -- Pasta with roasted butternut squash,parmesan (hea) and light philly (heb).
WW yogurt and blackberries.

Supper -- 1 wholemeal roll (heb) with 1 boiled egg and an options hot choc (2 syns) made with milk (hea).

Last edited:
Wednesday 25th EE

Breakfast -- banana.

Lunch -- Beef stew (2 syns) roast potatoes,carrots and cauliflower.

Dinner -- Plan totally went out window,decided to clean daughters bedroom which took about 4 hours!! (and still isn't finished!) I was so traumatised by the time i came out i needed a glass of wine which unfortunately led to pizza and more wine!!

Last edited:
Back