Nikki's Reality Check

NikkiP

Hi guys, am a Newbie so please don't bite. I have been writing on a blog but would like to start popping my food diaries and the like on here too. K? Excellent. A little background info - My name's Nikki and I am 26 years old (still sounds too old to write that!!) I work as an Administrator. I live with my boyfriend in our own little love shack but sadly the love shack days are coming to an end due to lack of funds so the future holds a move back to the parental unit until we sort our money problems out!! What this does mean is that I can return to my old SW group with my old SW pals and brilliant consultant. Good times! I have been following the plan for the past three weeks now, not sure about pound lossage as said in my blog as I have been weighing in with the Wii Fit..tricky little monkey that it is. I was at target (interim) about 5 months ago but have slipped out easily and put on about a stone, some of it seems to have disappeared before jumping back into the SW way of life (not drinking wine every night (oh dear...), no more party packs of doritos, no lumps of wenslydale in the evening or clandestine Domino pizzas! So then started the real hard work with the SW plan. I follow Extra Easy (a god send) and try to stick to 10 syns a day. Anyway people I have blabbed on and I sure noone is even interested but it feels good to have got it all out there in the open! I can't wait to get back into the majority of my wardrobe again....dream.:help xx

Morning guys - thought I would upload my diary from yesterday - in all its honest glory!
Thursday 22nd July 2010

Breakfast: Black coffee
28g Tescos Fruit and Fibre with 3 tbsp skimmed milk (0.5 syns)

Snack: Banana
Black coffee

Lunch: Tescos Roasted Salmon Flakes (0.5 syns), chicken savoury rice (free)
Pineapple
Shape yoghurt

Dinner: WW sausages x 2 (1 syn), tinned spaghetti, bacon, mushrooms, scrambled egg (milk = 0.5 syns), cheese 15g (HE A), ketchup (1 syn), brown sauce (0.25 syns)

Snack: Shape yoghurt
Diet coke
175ml red wine (6 syns)
100ml red wine (3 syns)

Total syns: 12.75 syns, HE A = cheese; HE B = cereal; 20 mins of Wii Fit

Hey Nikki - sorry to hear you're having to give up the love nest, but going back to your old group is def good (I did that at the end of last year and the weight has been slowly and steadily coming off since then rather than going up and up!)
There's always lots of help and support on here :)
Hope you have a great day x

Hi love
I did feel quite sad sitting in the flat last night knowing that we are going to have to pack up soon :( But never mind, these things happen for a reason! Am looking forward to getting back to group and having some Image Therapy. Can't wait to comment on some more posts and get to know some people on here. Happy Friday to you too!! xx

Friday *AT LAST* thank God!!
Right, time to post my food diary for today and will let you know if any extras pop in through the evening...(you know what i mean, it is Friday after all): -
Friday 23rd July 2010

Onken FF strawberry yoghurt with blueberries and cinnamon

Snack: Banana
No sugar squash
Black coffee

Lunch: Pasta ‘n’ sauce - chicken and mushroom = free
28g feta (HE A)
Shape yoghurt

Dinner: Wholemeal roll (HE B), Tescos frozen BBQ chicken quarter pounder burger (1.5 syns), salad (lettuce, sweetcorn, cucumber, onion), SW homemade chips, mayonnaise (2 syns), ketchup (1 syn)

Snack:

Total syns so far...: 4.5 syns, HE A = cheese; HE B = roll;

I wonder...

Just sitting here watching Celebrity Masterchef and salivating at the food, not that I am at all hungry (wierdo), and just thinking how nice it would be to be able to cook whatever you wanted,to have that talent where you could combine all sorts of flavours and ingredients to make something wonderful. Other than on special occasions like Christmas and birthdays I consider every mouthful that I eat! Sometimes I just wonder why for some us, food isn't just a fuel. I think this is the case with my OH. He eats to live and I live to eat. He eats to provide himself with energy whereas I crave and enjoy food. Which would you prefer to be if you had the choice? xx

I think I'd prefer to eat to live but I'm definitely the opposite!!! Hope you're having a good Friday evening x

Me too lovely. Never mind. We must perservere! (Is that how you spell it??) Well I have been searching some old SW recipe books and if the OH continues to be a good boy then I am going to make him his favourite dessert (obviously SW version) of Lemon Meringue Pie! I've already made pizza dough this week and that was messy I can tell you - but well worth it...xx

Feeling pretty down today. Trying to avoid the kitchen cupboards and the idea that stuffing my face will make me feel better. Have had tinned spaghetti on toast and a packet of French Fries today (wasn't even hungry, ate for the sake of it). Hope everyone is ok and doing better than me xx

Hi Nikki, welcome to MMs and also - big hug. Don't feel down, how about getting outside and going for a nice long walk or having a bubble bath and doing your nails etc? x

Thanks girls, I really should have gone out yesterday it was such nice weather but I just felt like holing myself up in the flat. In the end I did end up doing my nails (thanks Louise) and then went for dinner at the local pub (chicken and bacon salad, no dressing) so all was not lost xx although today i think i am going off plan because i need comforting, how bizzare that we associate food with comfort? x

I know what you mean Nikki - I think comfort eating is a big reason why a lot of us are overweight. Hope you're feeling ok, and are able to avoid temptation. Saying that, I've not although my "binge" today has been Special K Bliss cereal and a Hi Fi bar, which isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things. Going to have some lentil stew for lunch and try and draw a line under it. I think it's because I'm very stressed, and have a horrific headache which won't shift. I can't still be hungover from Sat can I? Lol.
How about we make a pact to try and put the comfort eating behind us now and get back on plan for the rest of the week? Lots of nice SW comfort instead, like Jacket Spuds, curries and chillis :) What do you think?
Sending hugs x

Thanks lovely, what a nice comment. Well i just went all out and bought my lunch in M+S (very synned sandwhich) but if you still think i deserve to be here, then I am joining your pact lovely. Hope the stress and headache dont hang around for long for you. xx

Of course you deserve to be here! It might feel like it sometimes, but our value isn't counted by what we weigh / how we look OR what we've eaten. We can only do our best and you're doing great. Hope you enjoyed your sandwich (it's great that it was only a sandwich!) and we'll both try our hardest to get back on track :) x

Hello again people of Mini mins :)
Feeling quite low again today. I know I fell off the rails yesterday and had the M+S sandwich but apart from that i am following the plan 5 days of the week and seeing no results :( I obviously fail big time at the weekend when I indulge in the wine, but I still try to stick to the eating plan. I was hoping to get to the stone mark by 2 weeks when I see my friends after months of not seeing them, but now this seems highly unlikely :( Do you ever feel like you put in all the effort so when there is a lack of a result you feel like quitting? Sorry for being a downer xx

Definitely - it is really hard to stick to it, especially when you have a specific goal in mind and don't feel like you're getting there, but you are doing really well! You are already at a healthy BMI and it will be harder to lose atm. Just imagine if you weren't following the plan - you wouldn't be as close to your goal as you are, you'd be putting on instead and would be so much less healthy.
Try and focus on how far you've come, and how great it is that you've kept nearly to plan during a difficult time. I know you can do it :)
Sending hugs x

Tuesday 27th July 2010

FF fromage frais with blueberries and strawberries

Lunch: Savoury Golden Rice, M+S Lime and coriander chicken (2 syns), Shape yoghurt, blueberries

Dinner: 1 wholemeal tescos healthy living roll (HE B), 2 M+S salmon burgers (2 syns), lettuce, mayonnaise (3 syns)

Snack:

Total syns so far...: 7 syns, HE A = ; HE B = bread roll

Ahhhh I just typed a message and my computer when nutzo. Was saying thank you so much for your comment giblet, it actually gave me a lump in my throat...sorry i am a soppy sod. Things are tough at the moment (not just the move) but I know that everyone has difficulties they have to deal with everyday. But I must remember what you have said - if I wasn't following the plan then I would be putting on weight. Lots of love to you xx

Back