Nilo's Diary - Grrrr I Hate Dell

Did you get to class chick? If so hope it went well

x

Nilo

Where are you ? I've just caught up with your diary and can see so much of myself in your comments..

I switched from Slimming World to Weight Watchers on Tuesday as I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, if you know what I mean..

Only you can make you lose the weight, your OH can only help but you have to be motivated for yourself. My OH and kids never know what diet I am on from 1 week to the next but this time it's different... I have 'played' around with the same 4lbs for the last 4 months.. I have spent God knows how much on Cambridge Diet, rejoining Slimming World etc and I am still the same weight that I was 4 months ago..

I vowed that I wouldn't be fat and 40 - I'll be 41 in February and I'm still 13st 6....this is my time and I'm doing it for me...

I hope that you will read this and summon the motivation that you need to do this...

Come on girl - we are all here for you

T
x

Thank you guys, you've done the trick, i'm back in the zone, Got up early this morning to join a group just down road, even braved going and joining on my own, but it wasn't on, not sure if they've moved or changed date, but hey ho. Soooooooo i think i'm going to go with plan b, which is doing the plan but not going to group, as i'm not keen on going to group on my own and DH has said he would go to the first one with me but none after that. So my plan of action is to buy a pair of decent scales, i have some ww ones but they are a couple of years old and useless. The heavy duty ww ones in argos have good reviews so i think i'll go with them. I'm going to make a booklet for our kitchen with all the stuff we eat. Going to stop using my cross trainer as a clothes horse and actually start using it for exercise and i should be well one my way. When i get down to the teens again, i'm going to get myself a swimming costume and actually use it (i say this now but i'm so unconfident this one may not happen) I'd also like to start running but as i can barely walk at the moment this could be some time off. Can anyone suggest some good websites with ww recipes on? gone through the ones on here, but would like some more.

Well i have my new scales, they were a bargain should have been £50 but are on sale for £25 and they are really good. So jumped on them this morning and i've lost 3.5lbs :bliss: so must have done something right. :party0049: Very happy as i thought i would have put on as i've not been doing it properly although i have been good, if that makes sense.
Can't complain about DH, he's being really helpful and good or so i thought, got in his car and found were is new hiding place is for his sweets. Bless him, he's trying but he has a full blown addiction to haribo. For tea tonight we are having gammon, egg and chips, yummy. We've started getting all our meat from the local butcher and our freezer, which used to be full of processed junk, is now full of meat and fish. Can't beleive the changes i've made in a month, they're pretty radical for me, all i need now is to start eating veggies

Thats a great loss hun. What a bargain for your scales too :)

How fantastic that you have changed your lifestyle so much and within only a month!! It gives you such a sense of pride i bet.

Keep up the good work :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks guys, I love this place, the support is awesome.
I need a little advice, i'm the first to admit that i can be a bit fussy, and i do have some pretty weird food phobias and i think if i could get over them, it would make dieting alot easier. My main ones are veggies and soup, they come from childhood, not sure what happened with veggies but i used to get shouted at alot for not eating them, soup i remember refusing to eat soup when i was about 4 and being force fed it, which made me sick. I just tried to eat a chicken and sweetcorn soup (i love both) well that was midday and i've only just stopped being sick:character00264: The thing is i see veggies on tv and think they look yum but as soon as i try and eat them, i gag. Its must be psycological but how do i get over it? anyone else got anything like this? or got over anything like this?

have you tried cutting them up really small and mixing into pasta sauces and stuff like that? x

Hi Nilo, I think you'll just make yourself worse. I'd stop trying altogether for now and seek some cognitive behaviour therapy or hypnosis first. There are other things you can eat, and have dietary supplements (vitamins) for the time being

Have you ever seen the program 'freaky eaters' ? they cover lots of people with phobias like yours-used to be on bbc2 but is on one of the satalite channels now.. i find it really interesting,my one daughter is really picky and i'm always looking out for ways to get good stuff into her

Thanks guys, think i'm going to give up on trying, when i next make stew i'm going to blend some onions and carrots and see if that will work, well i already do it with onions and they tend to have disappeared by the time its eating time. Never seen freaky eaters, sounds interesting though. I have been thinking about having hypnotherapy but it's quite expensive.
I have another day of waiting around for someone to fix my computer. Hubby bought me a new dell, took 3 weeks to be delivered, then it broke within a min of turning it on. Someone came yesterday and found that the wire connecting the screen had caught fire. He said someone should be here today to replace it. But they didn't leave a number so i can't even call them to check. Ho Hum, never mind. Yesterday i was so good, seriously you would have been proud. Went to asda to get something for tea and i turned down curry and pizza and just had some uncle bens egg fried rice, yummers, Hubby had pizza. Bought treats but keeping them for another day. He bought me a box of choccies on tuesday for our one month married anniversary, he's so cute! Had ready brek for breakie so being good again today :D

aww how sweet of him!

how many points in UB's egg fried rice? i thought the UB's stuff was quite high? x

Well its not bad for me, its 8 points a pouch but i'm on 32pnts, lordy i hate to think how i'd manage on 16 or 18.

I managed to go into work today but left after 30mins, i literally felt like i was going to die or something terrible. I went spoke:cry: to my boss, he looked well freaked out. Don't feel any better for being home though. Spoke to my drs surgery who said my doctor was away until dec and the only other doctor there is trying to take me off my meds, the one thing thats keeping me a little normal. hey ho can only get better i guess, well unless they sack me.:cry: on the plus side i used to stuff my face when i felt like this but now, i don't. See i'm working on pma

Back