Nina's journey with CD and Dr. Phil -- I am working on blocking the satsified binger.

oh Kath -- that fairy was very generous on her delivery...determination is all that I taste!:p

very happy with myself...weightloss this week is 7lbs!

I am flippin happy:bliss:hehe that looks funny!!!

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

oh Kath -- that fairy was very generous on her delivery...determination is all that I taste!:p

very happy with myself...weightloss this week is 7lbs!

I am flippin happy:bliss:hehe that looks funny!!!

Woohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic, super congratulations, well done HOORAY! Keep it up chick :D

Thanks for your encouragement...I do appreciate it very much!

I am off to read your diary...;)

:rolleyes: Thinking of your journey revs me up 4 mine...I know I can do it...

hahaha, I just feel as shiny and bright like the sun out today! all bubbly with happiness...

Thanks for your encouragement...I do appreciate it very much!

I am off to read your diary...;)

:rolleyes: Thinking of your journey revs me up 4 mine...I know I can do it...

hahaha, I just feel as shiny and bright like the sun out today! all bubbly with happiness...

I don't think there's any updates in my diary..must update it actually :)

It's a great feeling isn't it when the weight is coming off :D

Wonderful feeling and great to really have support from all new friendz here!!

thanks for the rep power!!! just lovely:D

One thing you notice about 'self-help' eating disorder solution books/doctors/experts etc - they NEVER recommend starvation dieting or VLCD-ing.

It is generally thought that such extreme food denial measures are totally counter-productive.

What do you guys think about that?

I think I would agree with behavorial therapists, for the simple fact that a quick weightloss is NOT a quick fix....the weight CAN be packed right on IF eating behaviors are not addressed. Thats why they wouldnt advocate a VCLD ONLY...

however, as I have read and read and read more on this subject...I found out that many people who are referred to this type of diet are in fact morbidly obese and in DIRE need of losing weight so that their overall health can be improved.

Behavorial therapists are about helping us to identify the self destructive behavior, and then changing it to reflect a more positive goal in mind.

what do you think?

Hi Nina

Not been able to get by for a few days so just wanted to say hello and see how you are doing, and it sounds like you are doing really great!

Keep up the good work hun!

hi westiegirl, thanks for stopping by just to say hi! I took a look at your photobox, and you look gr8t!!! well done you! do you have a diary thread???...I am going to go and look now...

I am feeling superb!!! Just got home from my beautiful day out...walked 3.5-4 miles and feel gr8t!!!!

:bliss: surprised even myself...and as long as I am feeling the up and up, I will keep riding this wave...for as long as it takes me....

hi westiegirl, thanks for stopping by just to say hi! I took a look at your photobox, and you look gr8t!!! well done you! do you have a diary thread???...I am going to go and look now...

I am feeling superb!!! Just got home from my beautiful day out...walked 3.5-4 miles and feel gr8t!!!!

:bliss: surprised even myself...and as long as I am feeling the up and up, I will keep riding this wave...for as long as it takes me....

Hi Nina, thanks for the compliment. I would like to get back to where I was in the last photos but need to lose about 2 stone again! :doh:

I do have diary but don't bore yourself *lol*. Restarted on LL today and feeling really motivated. Like you I want to ride this wave for as long as I can too!

One thing you notice about 'self-help' eating disorder solution books/doctors/experts etc - they NEVER recommend starvation dieting or VLCD-ing.

It is generally thought that such extreme food denial measures are totally counter-productive.

What do you guys think about that?

Oh! Sorry for gatecrashing your diary Nina, but I have thoughts on this :D I have thoughts on everything actually, but I'll try to control myself:eek:

I think most of our popular diets can lead to eating disorders, whether it's a VLCD or SW, WW, whatever.

Since I have done them all and was totally screwed up in the head, I couldn't imagine following any of the new ideas whilst I was big. It was just going to take too long and I was all over the place.

I always said "let me be slim...and I'll sort the head stuff out then"...and that's what I've done.

There is no doubt that it has to be sorted at some time, but for me, it didn't really matter whether it was at the beginning of my weightloss journey or the end...as long as I sorted it.

I have been talking a lot about it in my diary. If you want to pop along, I suggest you start at the end at the end;)

http://www.minimins.com/183462-post427.html

Thanks Karion for coming...I am always happy to see new people...and I too love to hear everyone's ideas...on just about anything, and I really mean that!

Great that you are addressing issues with eating now that you have lost the weight, and everyone should do that at some point on their journey...I mean I think its the wisest thing to do...otherwise old chatterboxes can and will creep in at the slightest tip of the emotional scale...
:devilangel:

I have decided to look at my emotional eating responses now, for the simple fact that I am struggling with many new and recent emotonal situations...so if I can stop that piece of cake (or whatever is around at the moment)from just falling into my mouth by telling myself which emotion I am actually feeling at the moment - then perhaps that will help me along the way of my journey...

over the past few weeks, denial of being fat -- my good 'ole friend -- knocked my door, and encouraged me to medicate myself...she has since then been sacked...and the locks have changed, so to speak...:airquote:

I WOULD RECOMMEND DR PHIL!!! (The Ultimate Weight Solution)

off to read your diary Karion, and welcome to my diary...keep posting here!!:hug99:

Hi Nina, thanks for the compliment. I would like to get back to where I was in the last photos but need to lose about 2 stone again! :doh:

I do have diary but don't bore yourself *lol*. Restarted on LL today and feeling really motivated. Like you I want to ride this wave for as long as I can too!

Hey Sarah, just saw this after posting...

You can do it!! You have done it b4...and will again...and you should be very proud of everything you do...:hug99:

please keep posting here, as with all me new friendz...

onto reading Dr. Phil...:coffee:

Great that you are addressing issues with eating now that you have lost the weight, and everyone should do that at some point on their journey

I'm rather hoping that I've pretty much finished addressing my weight issues. Well you never know.

Do you think there's ever an end. What does Dr Phil say? How do you know when you are there?

For me, it's having a healthy relationship with food, not being even tempted to eat things because they are there. Eating to live, not living to eat and all that.

It's been a pretty uphill struggle for me...but now it seems so easy to do:confused:

Anyway...I'm full of myself at the moment:eek: so better shut up.

Thanks for the lovely welcome to your diary:)

For me, it's having a healthy relationship with food, not being even tempted to eat things because they are there. Eating to live, not living to eat and all that. :)

Thats the right frame of mind -- according to any behavioral therapist -- by changing the WAY you think, then you are ABLE to change your behavior. Dr. Phil's mantra (for almost any behavior) is :airquote: You can't change what you what you don't acknowledge.:airquote:

I have yet to finish his book...only halfway thru...but will let you know if he gives the the final key of unlocking oneself from emotional hunger...forever.

And to all my new friends reading this today...hope your day is going well -- at whatever stage you are in your journey...we are all in the right place at the right time, and we will reach our goals!
:grouphugg:

I have yet to finish his book...only halfway thru...but will let you know if he gives the the final key of unlocking oneself from emotional hunger...forever.

You'll get there. It's a long journey, but yes, you do need to acknowledge it all.

I found that tough at first. Constantly had to challenge myself. I feel so free now. It's a wonderful feeling.

You'll get there, just hope you do it quicker than I did:eek:

Dr. Phil's mantra (for almost any behavior) is :airquote: You can't change what you what you don't acknowledge.:airquote:

Thankyou for putting this quote in Nina.it helped to reinforce something that I think i'd sort of concluded but not so succinctly as this.

it reminds me of a joke:
Q how many psychotherapists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A only 1,but the lightbulb has to really want to change!

Thanks kath and jane for stopping by today -- all I would have to offer you are some dried powder shakes...oops, you have that at you house anyways! hehheh

Kath I am doing better ...was a little under the weather today --this time the diet is giving me some excruciating headaches!!!:banghead: just like hitting a wall! confession -- today was an atkns day not a CD day -- hope this doesnt bring on excess water weight (even though in ketosis)...hmmm, I dont feel quilty...cuz I am still on my track towards ultimate freedom (like Karion said above)...

jane, glad you liked Dr. Phil's mantra -- and I loved your joke...its cute and true!!

Thanks kath and jane for stopping by today -- all I would have to offer you are some dried powder shakes...oops, you have that at you house anyways! hehheh

Kath I am doing better ...was a little under the weather today --this time the diet is giving me some excruciating headaches!!!:banghead: just like hitting a wall! confession -- today was an atkns day not a CD day -- hope this doesnt bring on excess water weight (even though in ketosis)...hmmm, I dont feel quilty...cuz I am still on my track towards ultimate freedom (like Karion said above)...

jane, glad you liked Dr. Phil's mantra -- and I loved your joke...its cute and true!!

Yay, good to hear from you Nina :) Hope your headaches get better soon though :(

Kath xxx

Back