Nina's journey with CD and Dr. Phil -- I am working on blocking the satsified binger.

thx Kath/ headaches were abit better today...thankfully...another atkins day...but I will start my packs again...

Q: Why is it that we cant see the weight dropping off daily on the scales???? I am like obssessed and get on everytime I go to the bathroom -- and no I generally dont have OCD!!!

:help2:

thx Kath/ headaches were abit better today...thankfully...another atkins day...but I will start my packs again...

Q: Why is it that we cant see the weight dropping off daily on the scales???? I am like obssessed and get on everytime I go to the bathroom -- and no I generally dont have OCD!!!

:help2:

Hey Nina good to hear from you :)

Hmmm the scales...you know what...I never weigh myself at home. Well actually this week I did on the day I was due to be weighed at LL because I was curious as to the difference in scales. But usually I never weigh myself at home - I find it just affects my mood too much - you know if I was to stand on them and have lost loads one day then found the next day I'm weighing heavier it would completely do my head in.

So my advice? Put the scales in the loft ;)

Kath xxx

good idea -- will put it away cuz its like having OCD now...

slept most of the day and had my first pack at 7pm...I know I sound lazy, but have been up and down lately over these past few months -- but at least I havent turned to food for comfort (except for a wk slip-up!!!)

CD has changed my life and I am loving the ride!!!

good idea -- will put it away cuz its like having OCD now...

slept most of the day and had my first pack at 7pm...I know I sound lazy, but have been up and down lately over these past few months -- but at least I havent turned to food for comfort (except for a wk slip-up!!!)

CD has changed my life and I am loving the ride!!!

Nina you're doing great :) Just make sure you get all your packs in today cus of your vitamins ;)

Kath xx

Hi Nina

Sorry I haven't dropped in before now - only just seen your link in the Paul McKenna thread. I have the Dr Phil Weight Loss Solution book, and enjoy reading and seeing him. A lot of what he says does speak to me, but as he says you have to be ready to change the behaviour.

I adored the Paul McKenna seminar but don't feel emotionally ready to follow his principles. With 7 stone to lose I feel the need for faster weight loss than his system seems to promote. I guess I am a mixture of so much reading,etc. I believe that we all have to fight our way through this battle - what works for me may not work for you, but I am so pleased to meet like-minded people along the way. :)

welcome DQ to my diary...and to all therest who have come here b4...

despite being in the middle of Dr. Phil's book -- and really relating to his nitty gritty words -- I periodically struggle with my dependant emotional eating behavior...I hope by the end of my weightloss journey to be truly 100% free from emotional hunger...

:sigh:

2wks of restart --only to restart again...I just couldnt push away the overwhelming sadness and lonliness today...thoughts of my deceased baby brought up feelings of loathing and just very bad things...generally, I am a jovial and happy person...you know, the typical profiled fat person always is smiling (what could be further from the truth when asked how we feel inside)...so my emotions are on a rollercoaster...and I put myself into a carb coma -- yep, thats my codeword -- cuz then after inhaling a croissant and 5 homemade cookies...and went for a nap filled with self-dissapointment and sadness...

:break_diet:
DH came home, and he was really understanding and tried to uplift my spirits and encouraged me to put on my newly fitted jeans and took me out...I spoke about some of what I had been feeling...and he advised me to call him the next time I am feeling like that...jokingly I said my next phone call might be something along the lines "You better come home right now, cuz the kitchen is collapsing into my mouth" -- we had a laugh, then brushed it off.

So onto my restart again...The scale is in the loft Kath...and I will do this!!!
:devilangel:

Nina love, sorry I've not been on and missed this :(

How are you now chick?

I hope you've put the lapse behind you and are not letting it drag you down..it's just a lapse, no big deal you can get back on track.

I'm sending you a massive squashy hug :hug99:

I'm going to pm you my mobile number, I'm off away the weekend but if ever you just wanna text me or something then please do. I have a friend on cambridge who texts me when she's close to eating and I do the same to her - I don't know why but for some reason it helps to tell someone I want to eat and then get told I don't need to - I know I don't really need to eat but sometimes I need help to fight my chatterbox :) Two voices are louder than one ;)

You're going through such a tough time, please don't be so hard on yourself :patback: :vibes:

Kath xxx

p.s. I'm not on much lately as I've got a lot on, just don't want you to think I'm not responding, I always check your diary out when I get chance xxxxx

thx Kath 4 your support --got the PM and will use it -- promise...enjoy your weekend and thx for the squshy hug --

Back on the restart...no need to fret Nina -- the worst is behind 'ya...just keep ur head forward and the rest will follow...I want this more than anything...and I know that I will achieve this...so bring on Day 1...again...

Can I get the prize as the :queen: of the most restarts???? I will not continue to sabatoge my own efforts and refuse to play victim to my unruly emotions...I am fed up and need to do this once and for all...ok so gave myself a good talk-- and was polite to my ego...so all is well...

I need some water...:drool: to start me in ketosis...my good ole pal...

7500 steps!!!

Felling quite mellow and a bit tired after a full day out -- 7500 steps...and no fish and chips!!! that was abit tough as the smell eminated thru the air of Whitby...and I just decided to leave my group and walk up those 200 stairs -- huffing and puffing, and I know that next time I return there, I will be able to get up those stairs w/out puffing! and maybe then have some fish???

(being from the US, I don't know whats the hype of F&C here in the UK, but today I was curiouser than ever!!!!)

Another day of CD...got into my 22 jeans...and feeling great!! bring on tomorrow...;)

got up too early...think I should go back to bed...but its so beautiful and brite!

tomorrow is my weigh in...wonder how much damage has been done (basically a week not of SS but eating lower carbs and protien)

...I promise Ms. Determination Fairy, if you keep giving me some of that special juice...I will get to goal!!!

____
My legs ache!!!! but it does feel like I am alive...I would like to start a walking program...

Day 7 of April's Spring Fling Challenge

Today was my WI and I lost a grand amount of 2 lbs...quite happy about that and have decided to up that 4 next week...the way to do it -- I quess I need to get out there and walk ---

didnt go out today (I am a homebody at heart) cuz my legs still ached and a throbbing toothache is giving me a massive headache...

but as I secretly know it...its pretty challenging to get me out of the house...dont know why I just love being home...w/ the occasional outing a few times a month...hope that will change abit once I shift more of this weight...

**great goal achieved this week -- my hips are FINALLY 59 inches!!! woohoooooooooooooooooooooo....when I first started about two months ago, we had to 'estimate' my circumference which was a whopping 63!

...clothes are fitting better and I am feeling more excited about getting to goal...you could say I am feeling on top...I do need this feeling to ride on**

looking forward to tomorrow...:bliss:

today is just a mosey along day -- not feeling motivated to get out there and walk -- but not feeling like getting off the SS wagon either...surprisingly, just had the veggie soup and it tastes excellent -- funny how taste buds change...those buds loved inhaling various items to self induce a carb coma -- and now that my TOTM has dropped -- the self inducing feeling has disappated...thank goodness...

:fyi: I am very chatty today...hehehe

Back on the restart...no need to fret Nina -- the worst is behind 'ya...just keep ur head forward and the rest will follow...I want this more than anything...and I know that I will achieve this...so bring on Day 1...again...

Can I get the prize as the :queen: of the most restarts???? I will not continue to sabatoge my own efforts and refuse to play victim to my unruly emotions...I am fed up and need to do this once and for all...ok so gave myself a good talk-- and was polite to my ego...so all is well...

I need some water...:drool: to start me in ketosis...my good ole pal...

Nope, cos the re-start crown is most definitely mine!:D

Hope you're going well.

Hey Nina a 2lb loss was great :) Well done chick.

Now how you doing today?

I had a right heavy weekend and the result was that when I weighed myself on Tuesday morning I had gained 12lbs!!!!!!! OMG!!!! This morning that has fallen to an 8lb gain, hopefully it will drop again tomorrow once the rest of the glycogen has come back off.

I feel happier now I'm back into SS, was feeling way too bloated at the weekend.

thanks Cheb and Kath for revisting my diary...not much going on here lately...just trying to keep going...not quite 100% SSig...but not falling completely off the wagon...

went out walking for 2hrs today, which was oohhsooo beautiful!!! -- and built up a nice sweat! I am trying to implement a walking program -- which will give me many benefits...namely clearing my mind and getting healthier!

4/15 and I vow not to have anymore restarts!

Well, I am here again...at the start line...feeling somewhat bloated and dehydrated (is that physically possible??) but thankfully not in an induced carb coma...not beating myself up...but picking myself up from my bootstraps and moving back into queue...
:break_diet:

I want to be healthier, fit and trim...it feels good to be able to walk in the park and not feeling like you're going to drop like a dead fly!

I actually fit in the cinema seat the other nite! My clothes are looser and DH is always throwing compliments my way...so I have to pull myself out from the raincloud.
:raincloud:

I will do it...I will do it...I will do it...:needhug:

Congratulations on your measurements milestone, and I am with ya on the cinema seats - was a great moment for me!! :D Your walking programme sounds excellent - I wish I could find an exercise that I like doing and could build on :sigh: Keep it going Nina :)

May 1st -- A new month...to start afresh

FFF says each day is a fresh beginning -- and I am borrowing this slogan as my own...

I have neglected my diary and diet these two weeks -- cuz I thought I was pregnant!So My period came earlier than normal -- thinking I must have been preggie cuz all the symtoms were there ---but then last friday it just came 10 days early...

In a way happy - cuz I dont have to stop CD and I really want to shift my weight that I have been carrying thru two marriages and 2 divorces...now that I am finally happily married and have a man who respects me and loves me with all his support...I feel secure to get rid of the parka of obesity. It has covered me for too long and its time to claim my independance from food and emotional eating...

Without beating or berating myself...I fell off the wagon, but this time it was more like a skip off instead of falling flat on my face in the mud. It seems that I amrealizing that just cuz food is there doesnt mean that I have to hide it in my tummy!

On to Day 1...

Back