Ninja's diary - fasting and running to lose 50lbs

Hello, I'm back! Dukan mini break (3 days) was great and ill be incorporating some dukan low carb days from now on but I wanted to run! Sad I know, I thought I'd prioritise weight loss over running but this week I realised my social life revolves around running! Never realised that before! Being a single mum I don't get out in the evenings much, so tend to run with friends before and after work, and now works easing off and the weather is glorious....on Iow carb I don't enjoy running and I can't keep up with my partners. I was dreading my runs but hate to cancel :( today for example, I went out twice! Once at 6.30 am with one friend, then after school I did 4 miles (some cross country - glorious weather and great fun!) with another friend. Its also how i get my tan! Im just not as willing to give it up as I thought!

What I liked about dukan (and I think really did like it, would totally recommend it to anyone who didn't want to exercise..
- never felt hungry
- dropped 6lbs in 3 days...will keep you posted to see how much comes on because of water.
- soooo much more enjoyable than vlcd
- I love meat!!! More than I realised!
- I felt more on control than on atkins...because of the lower fat intake I felt I wasn't taking in too many cals, and was less likely to binge. Even today when I've come off it, I haven't done my usual eat everything in sight then start my new diet tomorrow. Mainly because I'm just not hungry so in control.
- it's not actually no fat (which people seem to think it is) because it allows whole eggs, oily fish and lean meat
- I tried new low fat seasonings and spices in just 3 days ;)
- ease of cooking....stir fry, grill, griddle, fry, all v easy
- the oatbran, well documented to be filling and have health benefits
- made me eat more oily fish as an alternate to meat
- v clear rules

What I didn't like
- eating cheap poorly sourced meat because I couldn't afford that quantity of decent meat.
- lack of veg, although that changes after the first few days.
- eating more artificial sweetener.

So things I'm taking forward from dukan
- eat more protein! Lots of lean protein!
- only carbs at breakfast unless it's a running day, and definitely no bad carbs (except for the cheat day!)
- oatbran for breakfast :) particularly on work days when it's easy & filling.
- cut down on fat!

Here's my summary so far

Week 0 - 13.1
Week 1 - 12.9
Week 2 - 12.4.5
Week 3 - 12.12.5!!!!!!!
Week 4 - ? (Wi on sun but currently, Fri, on 12.4.5 again!)

Last edited:
And plan for rest of the week (yup still a planner! But less detail)

M - 12.12.5 dukan attack, T25 cardio DONE
T - 12.8.5 dukan, 3 mile run DONE
W - 12.6.5 dukan DONE
Th - 12.6.5 1300 cals, 7 miles run (split into 2 runs) DONE
F - 12.4.5 dukan pp
S - dukan pv plus
S - dukan pp

No idea if my weird diet combo will work but I'm eager to try!!!

Last edited:
Wow lots of thinking and planning. You can only try I suppose, good luck!

Back