Ninja's diary - fasting and running to lose 50lbs

Have a good day DN :) x
Thank you, you too.

Woke up hungry...and another lb down, which makes it 11.5lbs in 3 weeks!! Am totally shocked! Can someone pls remind me of this when the weight loss slows down and I'm whingeing!

Did T25 speed 1.0...like this work out, then had a large brekkie of a seeded wrap, 2 eggs & 2 egg whites and left over roasted veg. It looks yucky but was scrummy and filling.

Must get on with my marking!

11.5 is amazing!

Feeling piggy today. An having an anything goes except a binge day...just had the most fabulous homemade scone (not made by me, I'm sad to say...)

I have to keep reminding myself that it's ok to eat around 2000 cals..I'm on 1100 ish at the moment and feeling guilty. But realistically, I've still got 900 cals to play with. It's the constantly trying to restrict then thinking I've blown it or sod it that causes me problems!

Last edited:
Feeling piggy today. An having an anything goes except a binge day...just had the most fabulous homemade scone (not made by me, I'm sad to say...) I have to keep reminding myself that it's ok to eat around 2000 cals..I'm on 1100 ish at the moment and feeling guilty. But realistically, I've still got 900 cals to play with. It's the constantly trying to restrict then thinking I've blown it or sod it that causes me problems!

See I still restrict cos I'm scared to not else I would binge!

See I still restrict cos I'm scared to not else I would binge!

That's why I still calorie count too. Otherwise I constantly stress over food...have I eaten too much? Have I eaten too little etc. I'm reassured by the numbers. Not terribly good at listening to my body where food is concerned....:/

Am v naughty! Felt nibbly all day and then caved big time! So am fasting tomorrow.

B - wrap filled with eggs & roasted veg
L - smoked salmon sandwich, homemade scone, soya latte
S - chicken leg, choccie bar (lindt hazelnut)
T - large portion chicken & tomato pasta bake, lemon sponge with custard.

Stuffed now...

I think I was partly overeating as a compensation for tiredness, and partly because I had so many carbs for lunch which kicked off cravings...

At least with this diet I can rescue it ;)

Am v naughty! Felt nibbly all day and then caved big time! So am fasting tomorrow.

B - wrap filled with eggs & roasted veg
L - smoked salmon sandwich, homemade scone, soya latte
S - chicken leg, choccie bar (lindt hazelnut)
T - large portion chicken & tomato pasta bake, lemon sponge with custard.

Stuffed now...

I think I was partly overeating as a compensation for tiredness, and partly because I had so many carbs for lunch which kicked off cravings...

At least with this diet I can rescue it ;)

Doesn't sound too bad to me. You're losing so it must be working.

So I finished last night with a sugar binge :( 2 choccie bars and some mini marshmallows. Paid for it this morning....sugar hangover and 3.5 lbs on!!! I know it's mostly water weight but still...

So feeling v motivated for a fast day and just been on a 3 mile run - slow but hilly!

So I finished last night with a sugar binge :( 2 choccie bars and some mini marshmallows. Paid for it this morning....sugar hangover and 3.5 lbs on!!! I know it's mostly water weight but still... So feeling v motivated for a fast day and just been on a 3 mile run - slow but hilly!

The 3.5 will be off in no time. Well done for the run and pat in the back for the hills. Gotta love hills :) x

We are in a similar spot. My smartly worded "transition day" turned into a binge and was clearly just me trying to justify not sticking to my plans. But one lesson I was reminded of when looking through my old diary on here was how little effect one day has if you treat it as just that - one day. It doesn't have to be made into this massive issue, we shouldn't feel awful about it, just carry on. It's going to happen in life sometimes. Skinny people have those days too. And it sounds like, again like me, you're going to use this to motivate you to work hard this week anyway :)

In it together and back on track - don't stress about it

DM me ur email if you want some run-spiration tips. I get emails off a PT who sends good tips on running. Today it's about ur bum muscles!

Don't worry if u don't want it! X

We are in a similar spot. My smartly worded "transition day" turned into a binge and was clearly just me trying to justify not sticking to my plans. But one lesson I was reminded of when looking through my old diary on here was how little effect one day has if you treat it as just that - one day. It doesn't have to be made into this massive issue, we shouldn't feel awful about it, just carry on. It's going to happen in life sometimes. Skinny people have those days too. And it sounds like, again like me, you're going to use this to motivate you to work hard this week anyway :)

In it together and back on track - don't stress about it

lol! Without seeing this I just wrote a v similar post on your diary! We really are in a similar place... !

Tues 6th May

Not sure what diet I'm doing now! I think my own little combo! Was so not in the mood for fasting today but needed to atone for yesterday so I decided to low carb instead.

B - boiled egg, soya latte
S - boiled egg
L - can of tuna, 0% Greek yoghurt
T - half a roast chicken, salad leaves
S - oatbran pancake thingy

Carbs 30
cals 1200

Ex: AM 3 miles slow but hilly
PM T25 total body circuit

The big question is, of course, what am I doing tomorrow. Could it be low carb, slipping into atkins, dukan or paleo? Could it be carb cycling? Could it be back to normal and fast on Thurs as planned?

To be honest, I think I'll do another low carb day tomorrow, then decide. I'm not feeling stressed by it, I feel in control and am enjoying having this level of choice. After all fasting combines with just about everything and I can do it as often or infrequently as I like. It's not like other diets..There is no failure, because there's always another opportunity round the corner....:)

Last edited:
Update

Start weight from sun weigh in...12.4.5

M (12.3.5) - cheat day - 25 speed 1.0 DONE
T - (12.7) - low carb, low cal - 3 miles hilly, T25 total body circuit
W - (12.6) - T25 ab intervals, fast???
Th - 3 miles, T25 doubles
F - feast day, 4 miles, stretch
S - 6 miles
S - Fast day - rest

Last edited:
I've noticed.... No structure is where we are going off on our own plans.... And in my case badly bingeing! Without the confusion of can I diet and do the half I think I would have stayed on track. I think I'm gonna do vlcd all the way from Monday no through to the holiday.

Or maybe all the structure is the very thing that causes is to rebel? Who knows....!!!!

Hope you're ok x

Back