Ninja's diary - fasting and running to lose 50lbs

So off track in a big way for a few days. I was struggling to find my way back after Mondays blow out and then my gran died on Wednesday night. I know this is terrible but then I just threw myself headlong into food.

So I feel I'm back at square 1, which I'm probably not. Anyway, I'm going up to London to visit my folks tomorrow, and then I fly up to Glasgow for the funeral in 2 weeks. I'm seeing a lot of family then so I'd like to be feeling better.

I think I'm basically going to vlcd for 2 weeks to shift a stone, then resume intermittent fasting. I don't want to delay starting so even though I'm away this weekend I'm going to start but I'll low carb for a couple of meals and vlcd the rest.

Let's see what happens. What I do know is I'm exhausted and a bit down. But I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days.

Awww big hugs to you. Dont best urself up. Run down is not a good place to be, especially if you ate dealing with the loss of ur gran.

Take care. I hope u can eat things that make you feel better :) x

So sorry to hear about your gran honey. I think we mainly all turn to food. I just worry with vlcd then fasting you're confusing your body xx

Yeah if it's confused as my mind then we,re all doomed!!! Will be gentle and play it by ear...

Thank you for kind words & support.

Sending hugs x

Really sorry about your gran :( ((hugs))) Maybe a vlcd isn't a great idea ( don't shoot me :p) but fasting while stressed is hard enough and a vlcd is going to be even harder.xx

You are right, of course. I'm fasting today, then I'll play it by ear.

Thank you for sympathies :)

I don't know what my plan is, day by day at mo. So here's today...

L - s&s spag bol
T - s&s cottage pie, broccoli
Snack: s&s choc orange bar, tassimo cappucino

Total cals: 540

Didn't drink enough water & no exercise but hey ho, at least eating vaguely back on track.

Thinking about it, the fact that I'm sticking to fasting cals rather than vlcd cals (which would include another 100 for another pack instead of the cappuccino) makes me think I'm subconsciously fasting rather than vlcding. So prob fasting or low carbing tomorrow.

Last edited:
Finally faced the scales.. 12.8.5. Not terrible. Not as terrible as I feel anyway! 2 days of healthy eating as I go and visit my family then something on Monday. Not sure what.

Have a good weekend folks :)

looks like we both have a 2 week ''deadline'' - albeit for very different reasons. don't worry about what's happened. you have gotten back on track from the sound of that last day you posted so that's great. I am impressed you bounced back- I certainly know how hard that is!

Bounced back, then binged on sat & sun. But back on track now...Am doing dukan for a trial run....bit of a change.

Thank you :) I fully intend to return to fasting, but at the moment I really want to have a diet where is can eat all the time if I want!
I struggle to run on low carb so when I've shifted a stone or so and am feeling more positive, I'll be back! Fasting works v well for me when I'm positive and can stay away from bingeing. Otherwise it turns into a bit of a binge / purge thing.

Anyway, I think I'll update this diary weekly so it's still live, but I've started a daily diary on the dukan diary board called I can dukan. Feel free to visit if you wish, I'd love to see you there :)

Dukan seems to show great results :) go for it x

Back