Nitrates

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by ditzeeblonde, 27 June 2008 Social URL.

1. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Does anyone know if nitrates can cause headaches... I was trying to work out what has triggered bad headaches the past couple of days & I can only figure its the bacon I've had & it has sodium nitrate in it!!
    Didn't realise this wasn't allowed on Atkins... can you buy ham/gammon/bacon without nitrates in a supermarket?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

difficult to find bacon without nitrates in it. I remember searching for it and not finding it. You could try googling bacon nitrate free or bacon no preservatives.

It may be causing you headaches.

4. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Thanks... tried googling it but I think like you say it doesn't seem to exist!
    At least I've found out Parma ham is ok!
    I'll give the bacon a miss & see what happens!

5. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    If you`ve only just started atkins, the headaches could be normal going into ketosis headaches.
    I think most people get headaches the first few days, and then they stop once in ketosis.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.