No Engergy & Feeling Down

monty1978

Since starting the diet and even though I exercise (almost) everyday, I have little energy.
Everyday I take a multivitamin along with an additional supplement for magnesium and potassium.

I have read alot of posts on here and everyone agrees on one thing, how much energy they have.
Makes me think I am doing something wrong?!

Also, one other thing, (and I don't think that these two are related) just in the last 2 weeks or so, I have been feeling down, not enough to make me think I have a heavy depression but enough so that I am alomst screaming at my hubby for (almost) no reason.
I am getting teary eyed for the smallest of reasons and really quite nasty to my hubby (I (almost) feel sorry for him :D)

Has anybody felt the same during DD?
Also, what can I do for the energy?

Thanks for any replies.

How sad that you're feeling so down. I have not had this on the Dukan diet but have suffered with depression on and off for some time. If I were having these symptoms I would be back to the doctor to get some meds. But maybe that's just me.

It can happen than when your mind is under stress that you can get these kind of symptoms. You must remember that apart from your regular day to day stuff you have just added trying to loose weight to the equasion too.

Stay in touch and we'll be here to encourage you. x

Since starting the diet and even though I exercise (almost) everyday, I have little energy.
Everyday I take a multivitamin along with an additional supplement for magnesium and potassium.

I have read alot of posts on here and everyone agrees on one thing, how much energy they have.
Makes me think I am doing something wrong?!

Also, one other thing, (and I don't think that these two are related) just in the last 2 weeks or so, I have been feeling down, not enough to make me think I have a heavy depression but enough so that I am alomst screaming at my hubby for (almost) no reason.
I am getting teary eyed for the smallest of reasons and really quite nasty to my hubby (I (almost) feel sorry for him :D)

Has anybody felt the same during DD?
Also, what can I do for the energy?

Thanks for any replies.

I agree its more likely that its just a coincidence that your feeling blue and little energy. Have a think at what else is going on in your life at the mo and whether this is maybe (dare I say it!!? ) Not the time to be adding extra pressure on yourself by adding a diet into the mix!
There are some lovely people on here tho that will help x

HMMMMM trying to remember if I felt down at the start of my Dukan journey and I think I had down times early on because my body was in such a state of shock from all the food withdrawal!!!! AND for me emotionally it felt like a huge mountain to climb ( I know I had a lot more weight to lose than you do!) and impossible to achieve but those feelings passed after the first couple of weeks and I settled into the routine of Dukan......Energy wise it took me a lot longer to get my energy back - probably about 6 weeks before I felt 'normal' - I also only did the minimum of exercise prescribed because my job is physical anyway!!!! Don't know if that helps! Best of luck with your journey!!! LOL!

I had been feeling really tired with little energy. I realised I hadn't been eating much veg on my PV days so I decided to have a few PV days in a row and now I'm alternating again and I'm making more effort to get enough veg into my PV day.

I feel much better now.

As they all said above... I also wonder whether you're eating enough protein?

Sounds like some good advice above, maybe try a few things, add more protein on PP days, and a bit more veg, or variety of veg. It might be that you are sticking to the same veg all the time and you need a change. Drink more water too, try to flush any toxins out of your body that might be causign this. Also, are you near TOTM, I found that my TOTM can be a stronger moodier time............it could also be the start of the change for me though.

when i started the diet the prospect of getting where i wanted to be in a few months made me really inspired and hopeful so i didnt have the low feeling, but i did suffer from fatigue, i found drinking a minimum of 2 litres a day made a difference to my fatigue levels.

Back