No Fancy Recipes, just good old fashioned P.M.A

DexNI

Hello there peeps, I have been on SW for nearly a year now and lost nearly 7 and a half stone. This wasn't just down to staying on plan and mouthwatering recipes. It was a lot of grit, determination and sheer will power. Let us share our tales of Body Magic and staying strong with each other!!

Could you share your story please? I'm new here and in need of inspiration.

I have lots to lose too... 11stones thereabouts. Would really like to see what you did. I'm under no illusion that this will be easy by the way... it's going to be flipping hard!

:sw105::targetgif:Yes of course, sorry it took so long to reply. I suffered from a medical condition known as a hernia. After an operation which nearly killed me, I realised I had to do something about my weight. I was nearly 25 stone. My surgeon told me that he couldn't operate because of my weight as an anaesthetic would likely kill me! I woke up in ICU and decided to change my life. I independently lost 2 stone before hitting slimming world. This I achieved by cutting all the sweets and fatty takeaways out of my life. I went hardcore and cold turkey and gritted my teeth and got on with it.

The biggest step was yet to come. I joined my local SW group thinking "this is going to be a lot of crap" Boy was I wrong. I made some really good supportive friends. And they are the reason that I keep making the effort to go, even though I have hit my target three weeks ago and have taken off another 2 lbs since then despite a few slips.

I have also worked that body, the gym is out for me as is anything strenuous. I invested in an Apple Watch and determined after spending that kind of dosh I was going to get my money's worth. I started walking a little at first but now I am up to a minimum of 5 miles per day. I once couldn't walk the length of my shoelaces . I always do 10k steps whether I am feeling it or not. Set believable goals and work consistently. Once you have achieved your first goal whatever it is. Reward yourself with something small. And increase the reward level as you lose more. I collect watches so mine is to get better watches withe each target smashed. Don't be shy about sharing your success either. Keep me posted on your progress

That is incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing.

I've jumped straight into the slimming world wagon (again). There's no suitable group near me though so I'm going it alone for the moment. First week I lost 5lbs and my last weigh in I'd lost another 3lbs. Hoping it continues :)

Back