Green Days No longer down in the dumps

well done for your positive thinking hunca, try to keep it up, I would for sure be looking for a good group, is there not a variety of groups you could go to until you find one that you like?

yup in general men don't think before they open their big mouths, have no understanding of whats in your head or heart.

this is a great place to air your views pretty much as anonymously as you feel you need to be, everyone is supportive and helpful, sometimes it might hurt what people say but everyone will try to help.

have you thought about doing a food diary or weight loss diary, you might find it helps when things are getting on top of you at home

good luck and welcome xx

Thanks kerryathome. I've searched on the sw website for classes but we live out in the sticks, unfortunately my 3 closest classes r run by same lady & other classes clash with other commitments & I know I shld make myself a priority but for time being Im going to follow the plan at home.

Feeling very attached to Minimins this evening ? Sitting in bed (alone ) with all my sw reading material around me. I remember this feeling from previous attempts at losing weight - so full of motivation & wide awake. Can't wait for tmrw to go on my walk ?

Day 2 & feeling very positive if not a little bleary eyed from my frequent trips to the loo during the night - every hour on the hour lol
Searched for the magic porridge recipe late last night so got out of bed to make that ready for breakfast this a.m with raspberries - can't wait.
Planning on walking today & dusting down the wii fit.

hunca said:
Day 2 & feeling very positive if not a little bleary eyed from my frequent trips to the loo during the night - every hour on the hour lol
Searched for the magic porridge recipe late last night so got out of bed to make that ready for breakfast this a.m with raspberries - can't wait.
Planning on walking today & dusting down the wii fit.

So glad you are feeling positive about things hun x

welcome to this group. Hubbie not very sensitive but you are doing this for you, not for him. Remember what the advert says........because you ARE worth it.:bighug:

Hi hunca, just want to wish you all the best during your weight loss journey and also your new way of life. I don't have much experience with men but I do know they can at times be very insensitive but that's not to say they don't care. Also one thing I do know about people in general, not just men, is that when they feel bad about themselves they tend to take it out on a vulnerable person which is the case for you here. Your hubby knows how you feel about your weight and is using that against you. You have to be strong and also decide what changes you want to make in your life. The fact that you have a child means that your life is not about you or your husband any more, but about your daughter. You need to sit down and really evaluate everything because whatever happens in your life and marriage will impact your daughter and you want her growing up knowing that nobody has the right to make her feel unhappy. As for losing weight just go about your daily business and look at Slimming world as just a normal way of eating and don't tell anyone especially your hubby as I feel when you are trying to make a change in life, people that didn't support you before like to bring you down and sabotage that change. You will be amazed at how everything will become clearer and easier to deal with as you lose weight and start to feel healthier. All the the best xx.

Thanks Maggie _ Sak.
I've not told anyone Im on sw plan ( well only u guys on here ) Fortunately my husband leaves early for work & not back til after Ive had my tea so he will b none the wiser as to the kind of food Im eating during the day. Just back from a half hour walk, not much I know but hey it's a start but boy do my knees ache! Also managed 3 songs on Wii Just Dance. Taking 1 day at a time, 1st target is my club 10 which means I need to lose 26lbs but with 13 WI til Xmas I'd be so chuffed if I cld do it.

Well done hunca, bit by bit. That's the key. xx

Day 4 & feeling really bloated :-(
* week but know Ive been 100% green plan so not going to get down about it. Very windy last nite but guess that's just change of diet. Quorn sausages, mash & beans for tea tonite can't wait :)

Hunca, I was way heavier than you when I started, my group have always been supportive and non judgemental, I couldn't do it without them.
As for your husband, I'm disgusted for you, my husband loves me regardless of my size and so should yours. Fatten him up while you get skinny! ;-P Hugs.

ILoveCake said:
Hunca, I was way heavier than you when I started, my group have always been supportive and non judgemental, I couldn't do it without them.
As for your husband, I'm disgusted for you, my husband loves me regardless of my size and so should yours. Fatten him up while you get skinny! ;-P Hugs.

Thanks hunny x
Reading various posts on here Im actually really jealous that I can't get to or afford to go to a class as the majority have such positive things to say about their C but nevermind I have everyone on here so a big thanks for the support x

Hi Hun

I have been thinking about you ever since I read this thread when you first posted it. I've been thinking about what to say to try and make you feel better.

When I was at my heaviest a few years ago, I asked why my husband wasn't being affectionate with me and he told me bluntly that I was too overweight and that he didn't find me attractive.. I was devastated! I really went mad and called him a nasty this that and the other:mad: I was really sad too. It gave me a jolt to get on with losing weight and I successfully lost a couple of stone and sure enough things got back on track with hubby. I am still overweight as you can see from my stats but have a really good and affectionate marriage now.

When I look back on this I realise that he was being cruel to be kind (and brutally honest) and maybe I needed the shock of him being so mean as I thought at the time to do something about my weight. Could he have been more gentle - for sure.. Would it have had the same effect - I don't know.

I just wanted to tell you my story as I could feel your sadness and really empathise with how you felt. I have no idea how you get on with your husband generally but if he is normally a kind and considerate person then I think you need to take it and work with it like you are. Use it as rocket fuel in your weight loss efforts! Although you have not told him that you are now working on your weight issues, he is sure to notice soon enough and I hope he will then encourage you as my husband did and does and show you more love and affection that you need.

Incidentally, on the snoring front, my husband also used to snore really badly (he also put a couple of stone on). I also considered moving to the spare room as could even hear it thru earplugs and it was really disturbing my sleep but since he has lost weight he now doesn't snore at all so hopefully you will be able to move back in together soon!

Huge hugs xxx

U cld b right - in the past if he's made a comment I tend to eat more ( if that was possible! ) but this time I seem to b thinking well stuff u & ur comments I'll show u! We've barely seen each other this week prob cause Im trying to stay out his way incase he upsets me & I then go off plan! Can't believe Im on day 5 already did go on the scales this a.m which wasn't a good idea & it barely showed any change but as loads of people on here will testify if u follow the plan 100% it doesn't matter what the numbers say u will lose weight :)

Good luck with your journey!! Try not to weigh yourself too much ( hard I know!!!!!) the scales will shift!! Well done for making it to day 5!! I hope you have a lovely weekend, enjoy the sunshine!!! Xx

Why are people making excuses for Hunca's husband? What he has said and done can't be explained away by his being 'thoughtless' or by the fact that 'women are more sensitive'. What rubbish! If you perservere with SW, Hunca,you will lose weight and gain confidence and you will then be able to decide if you really want to stay with such an unsupportive and rude partner. Actually, you could lose a lot of weight in one go- tell him to bugger off.

Why are people making excuses for Hunca's husband? What he has said and done can't be explained away by his being 'thoughtless' or by the fact that 'women are more sensitive'. What rubbish! If you perservere with SW, Hunca,you will lose weight and gain confidence and you will then be able to decide if you really want to stay with such an unsupportive and rude partner. Actually, you could lose a lot of weight in one go- tell him to bugger off.
I'm not making excuses for him at all. I did ask if he is usually kind and sensitive and just trying to possibly shock her in to action or whether he is always mean....

Back