Green Days No longer down in the dumps

I've managed fine in the past but just since restarting on Mon I deleted my previous one & thought I had nothing better to do than creat a new one but alas no. Not the end of the world just wondered if anyone else had issues with it lately.

I know how you feel as I have just restarted as well, here's hoping it works for both of us this time! Don't let anyone bully you about your weight, low self esteem will only lead to more eating I know this from experiance. We are intelligent, strong women no matter what we weigh! :grouphugg:

Having a fairly sedate day today & I feel slightly guilty about it :-(
I've been to the gym Mon,Tues,Wed & I'll be there tonight but I can't help feeling 'lazy' that I have the time this a.m & could be there or out walking etc but so much needs done in the house today! This is always my downfall everytime I restart SW. I'm all or nothing rather than looking at what I have achieved each day. Is it more beneficial to go alternate days at gym then walk or do the wii the other days or is there no harm going to the gym everyday if that's how it works out??!!

Hi
Iv always done alternative exercise days as i need a recover day. I think you get the best from your workouts that way. On my off day the most i would do is some weights. Iv noticed way bigger changes since doing weights

The programme that I had done at the gym includes cardio, weights & power plate so do you think I should just do cardio on days I dont do the gym? A friend told me I shouldnt do weights every day but gym instructor said that weights are everybit as effective as cardio. Completely confused & really want to get best out of my exercise. Perhaps at this stage its not so much of a problem as I need to lose prob about 6st.

Well my 'workout' today has been sitting on this website for hours oops but on the plus side I have lots of new recipes to try & brilliant tips. I also managed to get a ticker on woo hoo. Looks much better now lol
Baked potato with quorn chilli for lunch & a frozen mullerlight as wont have tea till I come back from the gym at 9.30pm so have made up a fruit salad to have later when DD is having tea.
Hope u r all having a lovely SW Thursday x

I try to do something 4 or 5 times a week. Zumba in mon and weds. Run thurs and sat and sometimes kettlebells in between. Think u need to incorporate some rest days in to your program. And remember that u burn lots of calories doing house work! Just put maximum effort in!! X

You shouldn't do weights on the same muscles day after day. They benefit from recovery time. But some people do upper body one day, lower body the next.

aesir22 said:
You shouldn't do weights on the same muscles day after day. They benefit from recovery time. But some people do upper body one day, lower body the next.

That may be my solution to my excessive interest in the gym right now lol

Hello again! Nice to see you back! I think that since you are not used to working out you should go for 2 or 3 work outs a week just now and then once you get fitter, slimmer and closer to target you can increase this. That should stop you getting bored and keep your weight loss moving nicely. Now that you are exercising too I'm sure the weight will just keep falling off you! So exciting! Well done you xxx

Gem_bear said:
Hello again! Nice to see you back! I think that since you are not used to working out you should go for 2 or 3 work outs a week just now and then once you get fitter, slimmer and closer to target you can increase this. That should stop you getting bored and keep your weight loss moving nicely. Now that you are exercising too I'm sure the weight will just keep falling off you! So exciting! Well done you xxx

Hi Gem_Bear , it's good to be back as always. I'm going to go to gym Mon, Tues, Thurs & Sat. I'm only there for just over an hour at moment but def feeling better for it.

Think Im going to head over & start a weight loss diary as I'm no longer 'Down in the dumps'.

That's good news! Maybe you could let this thread die a death and start one with a positive title which will reflect your current positive state of mind!:D

hunca said:
Think Im going to head over & start a weight loss diary as I'm no longer 'Down in the dumps'.

Would be a shame to start over. This is part of your journey! Why not change te name of the thread? X

Back