no longer in ketosis

jo125

i've had this cold for 3days and its showing no sign of gettin better as its been gettin worse. To top it off i've managed to knock myself outta ketosis with honey and lemon drinks and lemsips :cry:

sorry to go on but is there anything i can take to help but wont knock me outta ketosis again, and how long will it take me to get back in it.

thanks

I would think sugar free pestils or olbas pestils. They may still contain some carbs but you don't need to take so it might help. You might also want to consider a couple of herbal teas (just make sure it's herbal and not fruit tea). Holland and Barrett do a few soothing / winter teas which might help you out.

And drink lots of water - you should get back into ketosis quite quickly as you won't have massive carb stores like we do when we first start these diets. Hope you get well soon :)

sudafed caps, sudafed nasal spray. i live on the spray most days anyway but that and paracetamol is what i take when in ketosis

no wonder i've felt so bad and nothing is working, i've now been prescribed tamiflu, i still refuse to ruin my diet tho, ATM i'm not going to take em unless i dont start to feel better by Tuesday as the side effects are not nice. I havent lost weight but i think thats because i'm ill and taking lemsip and honey etc, Thanks everyone for all your help.

Back